Author Topic: spamming  (Read 3791 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: spamming
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 06:57:54 AM »
If it had just been a couple of times it would have been no problem  but this was regular all thru the night, even going on about practise. Now thats great for you guys that enjoy those things but I'm sure just a couple of reminders would have been enough.
I personally didnt see it, I have always known them to just give about 1 every 10 minutes 30-40 minutes before hand, I mean seriously is it as bad as "oink" :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 07:24:03 AM »
I saw it and it was not that bothersome.   Quit your grumping, these guys give up their time to setup events for all of us..
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:22 AM »
The Announcement channel is not meant to be spammed, if it was announced more than 2 times, I will have a discussions so all CM's are aware.

HiTech

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »
I saw it and it was not that bothersome.   Quit your grumping, these guys give up their time to setup events for all of us..
(Image removed from quote.)
This coming from someone who's in a squad that spams "oink" like 20 times when a POTW lands 2 proxies.

It's ok, i love you with all my cartoon heart <3
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:06 AM »
I did not see it, but I logged on after the snapshot had started.  There is no reason it cannot be announced more than 2 times.  I would think once at a half hour before the event starts, then at 15 minutes, and again at 5 minutes. 

CM's are just trying to get a turn out to make the events fun, if it happened 8 or 10 times, then yea it could be annoying, but it is just text, I miss most of what comes up on text myself, but thats just me.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
GEt ur tickets here...
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
This coming from someone who's in a squad that spams "oink" like 20 times when a POTW lands 2 proxies.

It means the world to me Bipolar!   :salute
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
The Announcement channel is not meant to be spammed, if it was announced more than 2 times, I will have a discussions so all CM's are aware.

HiTech

It was announced several times including announcements for practice. It was not to a point of being bothersome to me at all. I understand these folks would like to make sure that everyone has a chance to participate in the events. No matter how many times something like this is announced there will always be the one who says "I didn't know about it".  :D

Personally I really appreciate the guys and gals that give so much of their time to put these together and bring them to fruition.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »

It was announced several times including announcements for practice. It was not to a point of being bothersome to me at all. I understand these folks would like to make sure that everyone has a chance to participate in the events. No matter how many times something like this is announced there will always be the one who says "I didn't know about it".  :D

Personally I really appreciate the guys and gals that give so much of their time to put these together and bring them to fruition.

QFT in its entirety............

I have to admit after about the 15th time it was posted....... I did see 2 guys talking about it one saying something along the lines of "hey that sounds like fun, wanna go do it" the other saying something like "sure lets go"

so that means the announcements got at LEAST 2 more people to go fly in the event...... so it does have a positive effect in making people aware

"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
I was on last night......... 68Hawk certainly was aggressive....  But the Battle of Britain......  BIG SE. 

Didn't bother me at all. 

Maybe the OP has OCD and HAS to read everything in the chat?  I could see it bothering somebody with OCD.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »

:rofl :rolleyes:
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
I did not see it, but I logged on after the snapshot had started.  There is no reason it cannot be announced more than 2 times.  I would think once at a half hour before the event starts, then at 15 minutes, and again at 5 minutes. 

CM's are just trying to get a turn out to make the events fun, if it happened 8 or 10 times, then yea it could be annoying, but it is just text, I miss most of what comes up on text myself, but thats just me.
reasonable... Should clarify, I like 68's ok, fun folks to fly against, had I the time, prolly fly in snapshot thingie...but I usually have like 90 minutes to splatter my blood in various patterns each night--when this event occurs, it's like walking down the midway at a circus, with a barker trying to get you to pay up and see the 2 headed wolf boy in the tent....for ME, quite annoying after a point. (this was from DA)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
With all of the crap that's on 200, this is not what I would call spam... we all have different opinions I guess.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
With all of the crap that's on 200, this is not what I would call spam... we all have different opinions I guess.

Right on dude!! +1

If it bothers you just tune it out like you do with 100 others speaking in a crowded bar - for those of us who are known to enjoy the barley eh!  :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »
How long has that been going on? I dont play much anymore.

it's been going on for awhile now. i see it almost every time there's an event. it could be annoying, but it's not to me really.

it's a good way for them to get things out...and i can understand them repeating it, as sometimes someone may have logged in late, or may have been in the midst of a fight, and not read it........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)