Author Topic: Possible ways to keep WW1 arena busy  (Read 1459 times)

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
Re: Possible ways to keep WW1 arena busy
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
I've been looking and looking for 2way Airborne radio in WWI... All I can find is a "spark transmitter" for morse, which was 1way only, Air>Ground, short ranged and line of sight.. Ground to air comms was by colored panels layed out on the ground..  Arty spotting was usually done by balloonists with a hardwired field phone, connected directly to the batteries...

I'll keep looking tho..

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 09:03:06 PM »
Exactly.  Define a block of airspace, complete with min and max alt, and provide recon planes with a camera loadout.  Give points to a side only for landing pictures taken in that block.  The side with the most points at the end of the tour wins.  An very interesting air war will emerge from these simple rules.

Very creative thinking, I like this idea....  Well done!  :aok

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »
DoA was very fun....  speaking of game designs by Hitech.  What was the name of the "space based game" that he designed?  It was in beta way back when... also fun.   I've searched and searched and cant find it.  I did learn that Hitech is an inventer and holds a patent.  Pretty cool.

It was Raider Wars. I remember trying it out a couple times.

http://home.earthlink.net/~phreec/rwabout.html
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
The reason the EW areana is dead is because the only poeple in there are tools. When people go there who want to actually FIND other planes to fight the tools change country or just log off. It has nothing to do with the plane set.

Couldn't have said it better.   Back when the Arenas first split, many of us went to the Early War Arena, to get back to basics.   We lasted about 6 months until more people showed up and brought their BS to the Arena.   Then Nazgul, Xbrit, OddCAF and many other great people left, going into the Late War Arenas for the most part.

It's a shame too, I'd go to the Mid War Arena, but I don't need the aggravation. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC