Author Topic: So in the WWI arena...  (Read 2023 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: So in the WWI arena...
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
Yes, let's build this monument to failure where players come in to a multiplayer game and are effectively isolated from communicating with other players.  Squads of established players make use of third party software like ventrilo to easily work around this and prey upon the isolated newbies until there is just a couple of warring squads left accusing each other of cheating by using third party communication software and starting endless bbs flame wars.

Exactly.  :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »
Yes, let's build this monument to failure where players come in to a multiplayer game and are effectively isolated from communicating with other players.  Squads of established players make use of third party software like ventrilo to easily work around this and prey upon the isolated newbies until there is just a couple of warring squads left accusing each other of cheating by using third party communication software and starting endless bbs flame wars.

Thank the Gods

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »
...will there be range/channel voice coms? Or will we be accurately simulating no-radios environment? :devil

If they do no vox I want the shotgun most of them carried with them to shot planes when they were side by side.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »
Thought it was a revolver? :noid
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 08:15:37 AM »
Thought it was a revolver? :noid

you take the revolver, I'm taking the shotgun!  :joystick:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »
Well so much for my efforts on a semaphore macro I was working on...

(heheheh)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
you take the revolver, I'm taking the shotgun!  :joystick:
You take the shotgun, I'll take the lag.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
You take the shotgun, I'll take the lag.
:lol
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »
so can we flip the birdie to eachother? :lol

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 04:44:51 PM »

foriegn communication good idea  ;)
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
It would be the easiest way to keep up foreign relations.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
Just think of VOX as a concession to gameplay and move on, it will not make much difference in the scheme of things and I doubt it will effect my immersion much :aok
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 06:39:46 PM »
I like the old planes..
Just get them in the arena.
If pilots can talk to each other; who cares?
It's new, lets do it :aok
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »

I was about to post  my thoughts in this thread but I can't say it any better  than Pyro.

Cmon you guys....use a little commen sense here. It is a GAME. The GAME has to be designed to be playable and fun. If you want REAL LIFE go fly a REAL airplane.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »
Looking forward to shooting Agents, fokker down with my spad! :neener:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins