Author Topic: Who has the bestest Sig?  (Read 10352 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Who has the bestest Sig?
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »
I would agree yep, you hit a plateau only flying in the MA.  You might get a good fight once a week in the MA whereas in the DA you will get 10 epic fights in an hour.  I used to think I was pretty good a year ago, but after around 2,000 logged duels or so, I would absolutely crush my old self.

I can agree some what.  Of course, no matter where you fly, everyone peaks.  You get to that step to where you just can't get any better.  I flew in the DA occasionally back a few tours ago.  Now I have gotten to where I don't even care as long as I'm having fun.  I used to could hold my own in a duel with just about anyway (not saying I was good, just saying I offered somewhat of a fight), but it got old.  I still enjoy going in there every now and then just to hang out and fellowship for a little while.  The DA did help me with my 1v1 ACM, but the chances of a 1v1 in the MA are slim to none, and slim just left town.  :lol
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
you get better faster in the DA.
Yes, true. As opposed to that I have learned more defensive ACM in furballs, that typical lag pursuit in the DA.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »
The DA did help me with my 1v1 ACM, but the chances of a 1v1 in the MA are slim to none, and slim just left town.  :lol

Yeah, but it's like learning how to do multiplication by hand, without using a calculator.  Actually KNOWING what you are doing.  Not thinking you know what you are doing because you are having MA success. There's a difference.  Becoming a proficient dueler and understanding what you are doing and why you are doing it directly correlates to all sorts of advanced engagements, surviving, and pulling rabbits out of the hat; killing enemies on the second pass instead of the third, which bought you an extra 3 seconds to avoid getting picked by the high chog, which you were now able to reverse and kill also.  Stuff like that, it's all related.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:33:24 PM by grizz441 »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: November 06, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
Lots things in a duel translate into everyday MA play. Energy management, snapshots, defensive scissors, and reversals, are just as important in the MA as they are in the DA.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: November 06, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »
Yeah, I have done that with many people from your squad, you, Agent360, Sunsfan to name a few. And I'm always down for doing it again.. so lets stop the BS and get back to whats important, having fun.

Ardy, like I said last night when I bumped into you in-game, as far as I'm concerned I am doing all of this on the BBS just for fun.  Now I am serious about the "live and let live" part of what we are saying but we have all been civil about that on both sides (other than little playful jabs but no personal attacks which is evidenced by not one skuzzification in this entire thread - which is very rare).  So yeah, I agree, let's keep having fun.  I have had the pleasure of fighting a number of you guys in the MA and the DA and look forward to many more.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: November 06, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
as far as I'm concerned I am doing all of this on the BBS just for fun.

Good, so you wanna 1v1 tonight in the da? :)

I'm sorry, I get sick of the AoM/Pigs stuff, its like a marriage gone bad... so much time is spent on the boards about these two squads, esp when I can think of many more dweebier squads/people to vent towards. Esp, cuz I like flying with many of the people who have posted regardless of their squad affiliations.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: November 06, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
I'm sorry, I get sick of the AoM/Pigs stuff, its like a marriage gone bad... so much time is spent on the boards about these two squads, esp when I can think of many more dweebier squads/people to vent towards. Esp, cuz I like flying with many of the people who have posted regardless of their squad affiliations.

Well it's like the Capulets and the Montagues!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: November 06, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
Well it's like the Capulets and the Montagues!

oh Romeo!
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
Good, so you wanna 1v1 tonight in the da? :)

Of course, I'm always game.  If you see me, holler at me.  Sometimes if there is a fun fight somewhere in the MA that I am in I would rather wait until later though.  That would be the only time I turn down an opportunity to head over there with someone.  I almost always head into the DA later in the evening.
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
...D. As soon as your expectations of 'fun' begin to culminate in and from a special sense of community that comes from minding your own business.

Wasn't it you that said:
...precious little gnat swarm that was costing us players and fields....
??
Sounds like someone isn't minding their own business, and trying to dictate how and where others play the game.

Pot meet kettle.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »
I thought this thread was about sigs... :headscratch:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
I thought this thread was about sigs... :headscratch:

It is, we are generating potential new ones with every post.   :aok
AoM

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »
This would make a great subject for a movie, "The Decline of Western Civilization III"

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »
Freshmen catch a lot of flak from Upperclassmen.  It's natural  :)
Till you punch one square in the nose and watch him drop.  :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »
It is, we are generating potential new ones with every post.   :aok

:rofl Amen brutha
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus