Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15563 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »
radio call sign in Viet Nam, when I joined the damned years ago changed it to dmdchief because I was the police chief of jefferson, texas, then changed it back to ab8aac when I left the damned.  So I am  "ALPHA BRAVO 8 ALPHA ALPHA CHARLIE, ab8aac, THE ALL AMERICAN CHICKEN MAN, I AM EVERYWHERE, AND I AM ON THE AIR." and the squad laughs everytime I sign in, :headscratch: humm wonder if they are laughing with me or at me, oh well they will be laughing at me when I start lawndarting
SALUTE
Frank Williams
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
The Dog.......

/
 /
------------
 \
   \

:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »
Hi, I'm from Norway and this is why i came up with my game ID. :salute

In Norwegian sea folklore, the Kraken is an enormous sea monster which would sometimes attack ships and feed upon the sailors. It was supposed to be capable of dragging down the largest ships and when submerging could suck down a vessel by the whirlpool it created. It is part octopus and part crab, although others refer to it as a giant squid or cuttlefish. It was first described by Pontoppidan in his History of Norway (1752). The sheer size and fearsome appearance attributed to the beasts have made them common ocean-dwelling monsters in various fictional works (see Kraken in popular culture). The legend may actually have originated from sightings of real giant squid that are estimated to grow to 13 metres (46 feet) in length, including the tentacles. These creatures normally live at great depths, but have been sighted at the surface and reportedly have “attacked” small ships :salute

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
Despite what most think, mine has nothing to do with the leafy green vegetable. It's actually just a weird knock-off of my last name (Minnich) that seemed to come up in school.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
Well mine name is from Spectacular :) I thought i would mix it up and put Spektor :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »
I've always been interested in WW1 and WW2 air combat, but have little to no interest in any "jet age" aerial combat.  So, I wanted a name that would reflect that..

Hence PFactorDave on the forum and PFactorD in the game.

http://home.earthlink.net/~x-plane/FAQ-Theory-PFactor.html

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »
Choker41 is a combination of a nickname in college and 41 was an old basketball number.  Choker came from Pearl Jam song that my roommate kept singing "Don't call me Choker".  My last name is Yoder.  He did call me Choder but some of us know what a Chode is.  He then called me Choker.  I can't imagine someone telling me "Hey Chode, check your six."  It was even more funny when I flew with Stroker1 (Duhasst), and we would land kills together.  Choker and Stroker landed ## kills.  We often got some very humorous reactions from the community.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »
Well, I figured I'd be pissing everyone off when I shoot them down (has happened upto a point. I even got a message from EZRino saying "you are my nemesis, Nemisis". Past that, I just thought it sounded good.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
i love you sig the best of any quote i've heard :)

i read it years ago when i first saw it one of your posts, but i just thought i would comment now.

Stickpig, you have fine taste sir!

Thanks Man :)

Been AWOL for a while. Missed you clowns  :cheers: 
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline oso831

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
Mine is a nickname given to me by my then gf now wife. When I joined AW it was the only id that would be accepted so I just stuck with it in AH the numbers are my lucky numbers. Pronounced OH SO, but have been called "O" "ESS" "O" etc. , so its been funny at times when talking on range with other players. I never thought  this addiction would last 12+ years.  :O

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »
Flatiron1 to Flatiron 2, whats the status if downed bird , over.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:51:15 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
I go back to Air Warrior version 1.0, about 23 years ago.   At first there were no handles; they assigned plane numbers when you signed up.  I was plane number 715.  Much later they decided to add handles and, being creatively challenged, I just used my plane number.  I was the only player allowed to use my plane number as my handle, so I am the original "annoying numbers guy".  

When I moved from AW (to Confirmed Kill, then to Warbirds and then) to Aces High, I chose 715 as my handle.  When Aces High came out of beta they had everyone pick a new handle (I don't remember why) so I became 715A.  Years later, in frustration, I quit.  When I restarted, I became 715B.

A lot of great stories, but I thought this one was especially cool.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2009, 10:52:47 PM »
Creton has been my nickname for many years.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
Creton has been my nickname for many years.
newb  :rolleyes:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Switched to lethrnek last month since some people have trouble pronouncing gyrene (ji-reen) in vox.

Pretty obvious:

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett