Author Topic: RngrCove terrain Released  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: RngrCove terrain Released
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:58:52 AM »
The CM in charge of SASFRAS (RedBull Style Air Racing League) Notch is onboard and we are kicking around ideas. Skuzzy has tentatively approved the use of air racing skins with proper approval. I have a PM out to Dux about what sort of modifications this terrain would need.

Would it be possible to use your little airfield in various areas in lew of the 1 mile square runway groups?

Strip

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 04:46:43 AM »
I just did a flight of the map & it is awesome. I do see alot of potential for some great races. :aok

How about some flat lands in the corners with conventional terrain, large airfields, & courses on them.  I saw on another
terrain, an erased large airfield. Don't know if it was custom or what but that would be a great way to place the pylons.

In the HMS section of AHevents.com, I have outlined which buildings to blow up to simulate, with the fire pillers, the markers
for my course :cool:

I was telling Strip that it would be great to have famous landmarks in cities to race near. Something like the Eiffel Tower, or
Big Ben, or the Tahj Mahal, or some castles, maybe even the Kremlin in Moscow.

Just a thought here, but maybe you could create mini blocks of different countries or cities for a course.  Maybe 3x3 grid squares worth of European terrain ;)
AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »
Sir, don't over load him with to much stuff. :aok
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »
Strip, if you want it, I'll send you the terrain files.  You can change whatever you want to meet your's & Notch's needs.  I don't mind at all.  It'd be kinda nice to see one of my terrains getting some good usage. :)  Let me know if you guys want it.  I do want to make an .awa (weather) file for it though.  I really want to make that volcano smoke. :D

Btw, I've already remodeled the port.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:21:53 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 06:13:56 AM »
That is very cool, sir! :cool: :salute
Also sir, do you have the volcano tile. If you do can you e-mail it to me. I would like it, sir!
Last sir, You can create clouds to look like smoke. The clouds just move, sir.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:33:40 AM by JonDoe999 »
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
Strip, if you want it, I'll send you the terrain files.  You can change whatever you want to meet your's & Notch's needs.  I don't mind at all.  It'd be kinda nice to see one of my terrains getting some good usage. :)  Let me know if you guys want it.  I do want to make an .awa (weather) file for it though.  I really want to make that volcano smoke. :D

Btw, I've already remodeled the port.

You need to do some SEA terrains ranger. That's awesome :D

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »
You need to do some SEA terrains ranger. That's awesome :D

Lol, SEA terrains are usually the CMs' territory.  Of course, I haven't seen any new terrains or anything updated since the new terrain engine came out.

Just teasing the CMs :neener: :D

...or am I? :noid
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:48:57 PM by USRanger »
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »
Lol, SEA terrains are usually the CMs' territory.  Of course, I haven't seen any new terrains or anything updated since the new terrain engine came out.

Just teasing the CMs :neener: :D

...or am I? :noid

I kept thinking about that post.  I want to make it clear that it was totally a joke not to be taken seriously, especially toward Easy & midi, as I consider them terrain making buddies of mine.  I totally respect what the terrain CMs do.  Heck, I've applied twice to become one.  There are very few that understand the time, effort, energy, patience & passion that the terrain CMs put forward in their work more than I.  If any of you TCMs read that & took any offense to it, I apologize.  It really was meant as just a ribbing. :salute
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
   I kept thinking about that post.  I want to make it clear that it was totally a joke not to be taken seriously, especially toward Easy & midi, as I consider them terrain making buddies of mine.  I totally respect what the terrain CMs do.  Heck, I've applied twice to become one.  There are very few that understand the time, effort, energy, patience & passion that the terrain CMs put forward in their work more than I.  If any of you TCMs read that & took any offense to it, I apologize.  It really was meant as just a ribbing. :salute

personally I think HTC should put you on the damn payroll.

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »

No sweat there Ranger no offense taken.......and in your earlier post...the Greece terrain was built and released since the new terrain engine came out..

:salute
midi
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 05:47:37 PM »
Sweet! Downloading now. :cheers:
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »
Ranger,
That port looks sweet, would love to take a closer look at it and I appreciate you letting us possibly use your terrain. We were kicking around a completely scratch built terrain but this is still a viable option. I have already started Reno and starting a fresh one is going to be a big commitment. This after already spending a good 30-40 hours on the cones and trouble shooting my process. After New Years me and Notch will get together again and we will talk it over again.

I will PM my address shortly...thanks again.

Strip

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
It really was meant as just a ribbing. :salute

np, CM's are required to have tough skins and flame proof suites anyway. As a btw, you'll be seeing a couple of new terrains and a couple of repairs very soon. Notice that I did not call those updates.

Everyone enjoy your holidays and stay safe.  :old:

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 10:20:02 PM »
Merry Christmas to you too Easy
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »
Just downloaded this map map and in 1 word ... WOW !!!

Don't know if you have ever been to Belize and flew over the Cayes there, but for me, it brought back that memory for me ... all your missing is the "Blue Hole".

Is what you've done here acceptable for an MA terrain ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."