Author Topic: Wings of Prey, PC beta release!  (Read 14994 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Wings of Prey, PC beta release!
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
???   I use the hat.....go through control setup completely.  hat werks fine although it is in pan mode.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
???   I use the hat.....go through control setup completely.  hat werks fine although it is in pan mode.

Isere anyway to take it out of pan mode?
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
Cant get pony to come up in online dogfight. The graphics blow ah and wwiiol away. Theres no tanks though so ill keep AHii. Doesn't take a monster pc to run it on high settings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:38:38 PM by james »
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:23 PM »

Isere anyway to take it out of pan mode?

No, just pan view.  Supposedly in a recent post the devs have working on the view system on their to-do list. 

Playing the game more, this is definitely a game that is marketed towards the mass market instead of the flight sim player.  Once you get over the eye candy, the realization that the game isn't the new "IL2" and is geared more towards the arcade flight sim gamer, you're going to see some sour expressions.  The campaign is clearly geared for Arcade mode and really don't work very well in either Realistic or Sim mode.  It's best to play through the campaign mode in Arcade mode and the missions in Realistic or Sim mode.  The missions are far better suited for Realistic and Sim modes as they offer realistic goals and set of friendlies and enemy.

For those starting out in flight sims and want to move from the arcade style ones and into something more meatier, I would recommend this game to cut your teeth on before getting into the more complex and advanced flight sims.  It's a good learner flight sim due to its rather small learning curve.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
Yeah I'd agree that you should play it in arcade mode as it seems geared that way, which is fine with me, in a game like this I'm not looking for a realistic flight sim, I have AH for that & thats the closest I'm really looking for in realistic flight sim.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
^^ yeah - what Ack-Ack and trax1 said - this is easily accessible WWII air Quake with great visuals. the AI is very weak, and so are the online players I met until now :)
If anyone interested I made a small youtube movie
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »
^^ yeah - what Ack-Ack and trax1 said - this is easily accessible WWII air Quake with great visuals. the AI is very weak, and so are the online players I met until now :)
If anyone interested I made a small youtube movie

I came on half way through the scores, and won the match with only being shot down once, the rest of my deaths were me bailing out to re arm, most people just turn round in circles or do loop the loop,
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »
I came on half way through the scores, and won the match with only being shot down once, the rest of my deaths were me bailing out to re arm, most people just turn round in circles or do loop the loop,

Hehe - most I met lost control and crashed to the ground when I started to push them a little  :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Well coming from Aces High you guys should have no problem handling anyone on there.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2010, 02:54:29 PM »
The WoP is running smoothly.

Much better than AH. No more that annoying micro pausing / jerking.

I had first some problems with my old Saitek X35T 'EVO' stand-alone throttle, but the Dhauzimmer driver re-installation fixed the no WEP issue.

WTG

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Oh crap grab your asbestos suit. :bolt:

Edit: Just based off of past evidence saying an arcade flight game is better than AH might get some wound up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:31:51 PM by allaire »
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

No reason for a flame war.  Every computer is different.  Every computer will respond differently to different conditions.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »

Edit: Just based off of past evidence saying an arcade flight game is better than AH might get some wound up.

thats exactly how I feel about the game, it is has quite a simple FM and I got bored of the campaign after the second mission, but it is very fun for a quick 10 minute FPS style dog fight. I play it when I dont really have time to fly a few sorties in AH.

I keep saying it, but I have still not played a sim/game that matches AH phyics and FM.
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »
No reason for a flame war.  Every computer is different.  Every computer will respond differently to different conditions.
Flames Skuzzmiester for running 3 gerbils and a hampster in his power supply.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
Going to try it out this weekend but still just might get my oldest son his own AH account.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"