Author Topic: need help on takeoff  (Read 973 times)

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
need help on takeoff
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
hey i can fly alright but i only realy have problem with take off and landing can you guys guide me through it i start on low
throttle then i turn onto a long stript and go full speed insept my plane goes side to side when going down it which makes me crash
also when in air how do i make sure i keep up lol not full  down
ok and how do i land i just cant do it.

Offline Ghostbuster

• Zinc Member
      • 303rd - Americas Army Clan
Re: need help on takeoff
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »
On take off use: Auto Take off
I'm still struggling with manual take off myself.

On landing: Come in slow: less than 200 mph when you go over the beginning of the strip
                Come in low and use flaps.
                Put gear down and slowly land don't smack the ground try hovering over the strip like you don't want to touch it than put it down.
                Cut the throttle and use brakes.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
 First off I suggest you go here....   http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

And read abit.

Then it would help to know what your using as a controller,ie mouse or joystick.

In the meantime,go to options,preferences,flight. then enable auto takeoff,this will allow you to atleast takeoff and work on your landings,be sure to not touch controller until you have sufficient altitude to control the plane.

As for landing,lineup a long way out and begin to slow,drop flaps and continue to slow.once you reach 150mph or less drop gear,some planes a capable of dropping at higher speeds but ignore this for now.

When you have both flaps and gear down,use the throttle to control your rate of desent,try to maintain between 500 and 1000 fpm rate of drop.Once over the runway and low allow plane to settle,then flair and touch down.

I suggest using the P38 as it has no torque and makes takeoffs and landings abit easier,when you have that down move to a single engine plane and work on that.

Hope that helps,

:salute

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:06:38 PM »
nice advice both of you
and mortified i am bomber command sorry lol no p4 what ever for me :P

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
I agree with Morfiend But if you still want to try taking off manually try pulling back on the stick to help maintain a straighter line it always helps me . that is if you are using a stick  :x
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »
Just put the pedal to the metal and let her rip !!!  :joystick: :airplane: :joystick: :airplane: :joystick: :airplane: :joystick: :airplane:  :D
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
ok thanks guys for all the help do you think you can help me with something else now
ok after auto takeoff cancels and im up in air i turn around and as soon as i do that a weird sound happends and i end up about 20 feet just off ground

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
Probably the stall horn, you don't have a lot of speed built up yet.  Just do practice offline.  

Not insulting you here but read up on some basic aircraft details, they will help you. Anyone know a good website?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 04:27:06 PM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »
The weird sound is the stall buzzer.  You are probably turning too hard with too little speed.  Try pulling less, and perhaps keep your nose at or slightly below the horizon to keep your speed so you don't stall.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
ok i have finaly sucesfully landed and i can fly thank you for all the tips you have all helpes me on my way
to becoming a greater and better pilot.

and if you dont mind me asking one more thing i have realised with the bombs theye land about 5 seconds after were u had dropped it
so i click b when it is in middle of the bomb sight and it misses how do i know were to drop

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »
I agree with Morfiend But if you still want to try taking off manually try pulling back on the stick to help maintain a straighter line it always helps me . that is if you are using a stick  :x
 THe problem with this method is that yes it locks the tail wheel, but you are taking off at a stall.  The airplane is not actually flying, it is more like wallering thru the air.  The airplane needs to accelerate above its stall speed before it leaves the ground.

ok thanks guys for all the help do you think you can help me with something else now
ok after auto takeoff cancels and im up in air i turn around and as soon as i do that a weird sound happends and i end up about 20 feet just off ground

That is most likely the stall horn but it could also be the Gear getting ready to come off, make sure that you have raised the gear after take off.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
That all depends on the plane that you are flyin.  On the F4U, and the F6f the release point is at the top of the box that holds the gunsight, and the recticle, or just off the nose.  But again that is all relative to the plane you are flying and the type of approach you use, and your release altitude.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
Anyone know a good website?

as posted above in an earlier reply......check out the Aces high Trainers Website
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

it covers basics and more......

Good Luck practicing your take offs and landings......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »

if you are using auto-takeoff...as long as you wait til the plane is airborne you do not have to worry about your gear ripping off from high speeds.......

the stall horn / buzzer you are hearing is because you are at to high of AoA, and starting to lose lift on the wings... as the sound grows louder, you will also experience buffeting ( notice this by aircraft shaking on the screen )....this can happen regardless of how slow you are or how fast you are...it all deals with how much AoA you have induced ( AoA = Angle of Attack )

this is on the Trainers website as well.... I suggest you check out and read every section on the lefthand menu of the Trainers site.......

then if ya have any more ?'s please feel free to come back here and post them as they come to ya......and drop in the Training arena as well......

hope this helps.... Good Luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »
and if you dont mind me asking one more thing i have realised with the bombs theye land about 5 seconds after were u had dropped it
so i click b when it is in middle of the bomb sight and it misses how do i know were to drop

We can only cite the trainer's website so many times. http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/ check Level Bombing.  I assume you are still talking bombers.  If this is dive bombing there is more to it, but it should still be covered in the trainer section.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.