Author Topic: Dueling vs MA fighting  (Read 33008 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Dueling vs MA fighting
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »
Forget the Dora.  The A5 is probably the most under-rated plane in the game.

(now if we could just give it its historical top speed... ::cough:: )

Don't I know it...~350 on the deck instead of 340 would make a *big* difference in what the A5 could catch and disengage from.

Dora has better E-building performance and firepower (the 13mm cowl guns>MG/FF option on the A5 IMHO) while giving up not as much as you'd think in maneuver. And it can catch a Pony!
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »

Quite frankly, there is no getting around the fact that the A8 is the second least maneuverable fighter in the game. That is naturally going to present frustrations when attempting to polish dogfighting skills. In an arena full of Spixteens, no one would think the less of you for trying the A5 or Dora, :devil both give you a at least few more options in energy-maneuverability.

I'm a staunch believer in if one wants to get better ... pick a plane that can't get away ... one that has to fight it's way to freedom. I'm a big Allied Navy plane fan, with a smattering of Spit V ... you can usually find me in an FM-2.

If I fly German iron (which is rarely) for dog fighting, it's the 109-F (I think that's the right model) ... it's a German Spit as far as I am concerned ... a very fun and challenging ride.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
i like to sort out the a8 first just because it is so hard, theory being whatever i am assigned in the events is most likely going to be easier and everything else is just event practice IMO ...

like ankle weights ;)

when i get very confident in the a8 i will move on to explore the toughest handling 109 and then the rest of the plane set from there ...

i probably will allot some more time to the DA and maybe koth as those were not very big in WB and i want to check them out, see what gives ...
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
i probably will allot some more time to the DA and maybe koth as those were not very big in WB and i want to check them out, see what gives ...

King of the Hill is the exact opposite of your fighting style.

It would do you worlds of good to fly in KOTH.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »
I'm intersted in KOTH myself. What's it like?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
t the *usual* response from a Spit after you have grabbed angle for a crossing shot like that is to pull back on the stick even harder and try to HO with Hispanos.  :devil

I have no problem hoing people these days myself if I hear the pitter patter of little machine guns on the merge I'll happily face shoot  :devil

http://www.4shared.com/file/208425633/a9da597e/2v1190.html

i like to sort out the a8 first just because it is so hard, theory being whatever i am assigned in the events is most likely going to be easier and everything else is just event practice IMO ...

Events have a balanced plane set m8, I don't think fighting in an a8 is hard but considering the nature of the MA you'll prob find yourself getting one kill in a more aggressive 'turn fight' and then once you blow your e doing that every tom dick and harry will jump all over you as your trying to regain it  :mad:fact is a8 just can't get its energy back up quick like a dora especially if you start busting moves in it, which kinda leaves you with the same problem you began with  :joystick:

But each to their own, good luck with it  :salute

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »
i'm probably more aggressive than you guys think from my posting ...

how do those koth go are they total free for all or is it team work then fratricide ???

King of the Hill is the exact opposite of your fighting style.

It would do you worlds of good to fly in KOTH.
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
I'm intersted in KOTH myself. What's it like?
Hey TexasTC, I highly recommend KOTH.  There are some that bend the intent of the rules but there is always  a ton of GFs against some of the best sticks in the game.
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #593 on: January 26, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »
i'm probably more aggressive than you guys think from my posting ...

how do those koth go are they total free for all or is it team work then fratricide ???

Free for all. They are fun and exciting if you get a chance to be in the last 2 or 3
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #594 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »
everybody takes off from the same field in the same plane.

they separate and are supposed to get at least 5k separation from each other before the fight is on.

the host CM says "fights on" and everybody fights.

the only 'rules' of the fight are...

don't go over 6k

you can't extend more than 30 seconds.

you have to be IN or OTW to the CLOSEST fight at all times.

last plane alive is the "winner" and picks the plane for the next round.

have to win 3 rounds to win KOTH.

it really is some of the most fun you will find in Aces High.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #595 on: January 27, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »
If I fly German iron (which is rarely) for dog fighting, it's the 109-F (I think that's the right model) ... it's a German Spit as far as I am concerned ... a very fun and challenging ride.

Love the F4.  I'd fly it full time if it could actually leave a fight after running out of ammo.   :D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #596 on: January 27, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
Love the F4.  I'd fly it full time if it could actually leave a fight after running out of ammo.   :D

Yup ... gotta kill 'em all to get back home.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."