Author Topic: ME-262 pilots  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: ME-262 pilots
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 05:31:43 AM »
If you want realism, this isn't the place.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:20 AM »
you forgot to say ...or the time. Seriously now I'm not asking for realism, as in a sense of reality. I'm asking for near-realistic as possible. Don't think its to hard to attain a certain level of near-realistic sim configuration when it it comes to a software modification. 

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »
you forgot to say ...or the time. Seriously now I'm not asking for realism, as in a sense of reality. I'm asking for near-realistic as possible. Don't think its to hard to attain a certain level of near-realistic sim configuration when it it comes to a software modification. 

the problem, having the so called complex engine management is not fun..just like guns jamming and having to press "J" to clear them is just annoying. The you have to decide where to draw the line.

The 262 is my fav bird in the game, I love flying it.

on a seperate note, when we fly some 262 sorties I can only imagine how hard it must of the been for the pilots not to loose each other..must have took alot of skill.
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
I'm afraid that 262 engine management in AH is not realistic.

No, but it is the balance between total realism and fun. As noted, there is a line that has to be drawn. If you want super realism, then I suggest going to the nearest military flight simulator station and asking them if you could have a ride.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 04:06:47 AM »
thnks for the advice but i have already done this with the sim of T-6A Texan II, T-2 Buckeye, F-16 Block 30 and Mirage 2000-5Mk2, hey i have even try the EF-2000 sim, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:09:20 AM by PanosGR »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:39 AM »
only thing that bothers me in AH 262 is the total carefree engine management. You can increase or reduce your throttle practically numerous times in a sec and your engine keep working like nothing happent. In RL that was not the case. The engine management required almost all off the pilot dedication plus he had to be real gentle when he touched the throttle otherwise the engine would suffer by overheats or even totally failure. I'm afraid that 262 engine management in AH is not realistic.

There is a ~12 second delay from moving the joystick throttle to wide open/idle to when N1 reaches maximum from minimum and vis versa. Simulating the pilot restriction that the throttle had to be opened/closed slowly?

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »
yes i have notice that BnZs, maybe you have a point here but still i think there is enough room for improvement
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:13:25 AM by PanosGR »

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 08:59:18 AM »
when hunting buffs, come in fast from a high 3 - 9 line, or attack them head on and coming down at an angle.  Watch your speed when making slashing attacks, stay fast when enemy fighters are around.

I mostly use my 262 to go looking for buffs

I mostly use buffs for shooting down 262's got more 262 kills in buffs than i do in fighters! :airplane: