Author Topic: Colts or Jets?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Colts or Jets?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »
Colts/Vikings, Superbowl.

Payton Manning V. Brett Farve....oh boy
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
Colts/Vikings, Superbowl.

Payton Manning V. Brett Farve....oh boy
That's what I'm looking for. :aok

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Defense:
They are going to have to generate turnovers off of Peyton Manning, which is very well possible considering the Colts rushing game is non-existant for the most part. Revis will also have to keep the Colt wide receiver core at bay while linebackers will be keeping the pressure on manning the entire game through blitz's etc. If the Jets are going to win, they are going to have to do it on defense, and then cushion it on offense

Offense:
Greene and Jones will be used on tons of plays in this game, and if the Jets can play the ball strategically with good mix of short pass/rushing, they will be extremely effective against the colts defense, possibly resulting in 2 touchdowns or so

Special Teams:
Jets need to get better starting position with the ball on kickoffs, say past there own 30 yard line or so. Jets need to insure that there are no kickoff return touchdowns as well.

In the end:
Jets 27
Colts 21
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »
This reminds me of Pittsburgh 5 seasons ago.  All games on the road, great defense, solid offense, Superbowl win.  NFC is too tough this season though.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 03:12:14 PM »
I love the Jets so i'm going with the Jets 24-21 and but the Saints Vs. the Vikings is gonna be a tough matchup i predict Jets vs. Vikings for the superbowl with the winner being Vikings the vikings and saints are too good i think for the jets but my money is always on the Jets

Go Jets
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
Very good analysis, Widewing. Hard to dispute any of that.

Nevertheless, I really really really want to see a Minnesota-Indianapolis Super Bowl.

The remaining games might be surprisingly similar:

Colts 24, Jets 21
Vikings 24, Saints 21

Vikings 24, Colts 21

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
Vikings win their first Superbowl.             :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
Colts. Peyton will find his match ups he likes.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Jets...that way the Saints will have a chance to win the stupidbowl.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »
Do you people realize that if the Colts don't pull there starters, the Jets don't even make the playoffs. Colts were beating the Jets, and were going to win the game.

Come on man
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
Do you people realize that if the Colts don't pull there starters, the Jets don't even make the playoffs. Colts were beating the Jets, and were going to win the game.

Come on man

Jets played stellar football in December and January.

Some guys are predicting a high scoring Colt effort. I don't think that will happen. The Jets rarely give up more than 20 points. Manning will be passing most of the time. That means interceptions. Manning was prone to interceptions (averaging 1 per game, and he didn't play much the last two games). The Jet pass rush has been formidable. When Manning is forced to scramble, his stats tank quickly. The Jets must dominate the line of scrimmage. If they do, the linebackers will be on Peyton like the plague.

In playoff games, defense has dominated offense. Mistakes end seasons. If the Jets can apply the pressure they need to, this will be a close game down to the wire. Defense wins in overtime.

This will not be a blowout.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:51 PM »
I really don't think the Jets have a chance in this game, Sanchez just can't match up to Payton, although it would be funny if the Jets do win considering that the Colts could have knocked them out in week 16.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 08:08:26 PM »
When your a Jet your a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dieing day. 27 Jets- 13 Colts. Wonder if ol' Joe will be watching?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
I think the Jets stand a legitimate chance in this matchup. Each team is one dimensional on offense.
Yes manning is by far the better QB. but the Colts also have one of the leagues worst rushing offences (32nd rushing)

While Jets have a top 10 rushing defence (8th) And ranked #1 against the pass and #1 in points allowed

Colts are also in the bottom 3rd in rushing defence (24th)
while the Jets are #1 rushing

If you look at the Jets record. Of their 7 losses they were in all but two of them (N.E. and N.O) And could just as easily have won the other 5. Considering  of those 5 losses they lost by  5 points or less.

In a hypothetical you can say they lost against the Colts the first time and to NE and NO but won the rest. Your still looking at a 12-3 football team.

Point is. The Jets arent really all that far away from being a really good team. It looks more of a matter of turning the corner and winning those close games. (San Diego)

This game I think may be closer then people think it will. Manning will have to have a great game. Because the running game isnt much of a threat. While Sanchez only has to not turn the ball over and make enough plays to keep the defense honest and occasionally move the chains.

Yes Manning can score alot of points. But to do that the offense has to be on the feild.  Something which the Colt defense may have problems providing if the Jets can get their ground game going. And dont underestimate Sanchez. This kid is gonna be a good one. If the Colts are forced to dedicate more men to the box to defend against the run. He can put it down field accurately

Then there is the intangables. The Jets are under no pressure. They cant loose even if they loose the game. Nobody expected them to be here. So they can afford to play balls to the wall and let the chips fly where they may

Colts have experience.

In the end though I think Colts win in a close one. 24-21

but the time of posession will be lobsided in the Jets favor

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:54:49 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member