Author Topic: Colts or Jets?  (Read 2959 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: Colts or Jets?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
It was a great game. The Jets made a valiant effort, they were just out played by a better team.

WTG Colts!!!!

qft, I will be rooting for the colts in the superbowl as I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game. Jets were not even supposed to be in the playoffs so getting to the AFC championship game with a rookie quarterback is pretty good. I look to see them be a serious threat next season.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »
qft, I will be rooting for the colts in the superbowl as I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game. Jets were not even supposed to be in the playoffs so getting to the AFC championship game with a rookie quarterback is pretty good. I look to see them be a serious threat next season.

NY beat a super tough team in the Chargers. I thought they were on a roll.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2010, 05:23:15 PM »
I am praying that Brees can lead the Saints tonight.
This is our year, our time, and our house.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
I am praying that Brees can lead the Saints tonight.
This is our year, our time, and our house.
:pray :pray :pray  and  :salute Spikes
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
I thought the Jets just may pull it off, but just didnt have it in the end.  I would have liked to see them win it.  WTG Colts and Jets, they played a good game.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:30:19 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
T-10
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »

DOH!
My regards,

Widewing
 C-O-L-T-S Colts,Colts,Colts Say goodnite Gracie!

Like both Vikings and Saints. Wouldn't mind seeing Farve win just one more for the gipper! GL to both teams. Entertaining game so far. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
Well, the Colts made some excellent defensive adjustments in the second half. Losing Greene really hurt the Jets badly.

Great game by Manning who was his amazing best.

I really don't care who faces the Colts in the Superbowl... I can't see anyone beating them.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
The Jets are being exploited as frauds as I type this.  The frustration is already being shown in a facemask penalty.  The Jets were/are overrated.  There is a reason Peyton won a 4th MVP. As for Revas, he's a non-factor in this game.  The Colts are rushing just as good as the Jets.

No idea what game you watched. Colts had their hands full for a while. Yes the Jets got beat by a better team. But i would hardly say they were exploited as frauds.

If anything they showed the Colts defensive secondary is vulnerable

With a good draft and maybe a couple decent free agent acquisitions they are on the brink of being an elite team. Receiver and another quality corner
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »
No idea what game you watched. Colts had their hands full for a while. Yes the Jets got beat by a better team. But i would hardly say they were exploited as frauds.

If anything they showed the Colts defensive secondary is vulnerable

With a good draft and maybe a couple decent free agent acquisitions they are on the brink of being an elite team. Receiver and another quality corner

All I heard from the CBS Pre Game, was how great Darrnell Revas was.   Peyton Manning was unaffected.   Rex Ryan needs to do less talking and worry about the upcoming Draft.   Colts are usually a 2nd half team in games like earlier.   

They were exploited.   They also caved under the pressure.   Some in this thread said "The Pressure was on the Colts".   Wrong, it was the other way around.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 12:35:03 AM »
   Some in this thread said "The Pressure was on the Colts".   Wrong, it was the other way around.
I don't know why anyone would think the pressure was on the Colts, the Jets would have been the ones with all the pressure on them, the Colts probably came into that game already thinking about what they needed to pack to take with to Miami.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2010, 03:14:54 AM »

They were exploited.   They also caved under the pressure.   Some in this thread said "The Pressure was on the Colts".   Wrong, it was the other way around.

The pressure WAS on the Colts. The Jets, who were not even expected to make the playoffs had nothing to lose. Eli Manning mentioned this himself, stating that far more pressure to win was on his brother than was on Sanchez. Should the Jets prevail, the Colts would require many years to live down the defeat as they were considered the best team in the league. Not at all unlike the Colts who lost to the Jets in 1969.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2010, 04:27:56 AM »
The pressure WAS on the Colts. The Jets, who were not even expected to make the playoffs had nothing to lose. Eli Manning mentioned this himself, stating that far more pressure to win was on his brother than was on Sanchez. Should the Jets prevail, the Colts would require many years to live down the defeat as they were considered the best team in the league. Not at all unlike the Colts who lost to the Jets in 1969.

My regards,

Widewing

Definitely on the the Colts. They got ripped for bolting in game 15 against the Jets.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »
It was a good game and the Jets were in it to the end. My quote with 2 minutes left in the game. "They're only down by 13, they need a quick score and an onside kick and they're back in it!!  :x. The Colts defense was underrated, they did a hell of a job. It's looking to be a great SuperBowl!

Cheers,
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2010, 09:58:52 AM »
More pressure was on Mark Sanchez, he caved in.   People, including his Coach, expected too much of him this year.   In a couple of years, he'll be better off.   

Rex needs to do less talking and focus on coaching.   The Colts embarrassed his inability to corral the 10 yard passes.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC