Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11286 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
You know, there should be no "rules" for courtous or respectful (to the green icons ,anyway) play. It should be totally OK to jump in and "F up" 1v1's, clear 12 o'clocks, kill steal, shoot over people's shoulder, etc etc. We'll all agree to not complain about or try to fix that type of ultra melonted bahavior, but only as long as you guys agree not to complain when people identify and collectively remember who the offenders are and make a concerted effort to place their friendly airplanes directly in your bullet stream at every single opportunity. Deal?  :aok

Now, on with the AH version of "monkey crap-fight at the zoo".....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »
....it's not a matter of blame, it's a matter of learning a protocol that works to respectfully avoid the problem if possible....  99% of the times, the whole negative situation.. reguardless of how debatable the topic is.. could be avoided by a simple communication, with a splash of courtesy to boot!

You know, I've always wanted to be able to wield the power that you guys do. Let me see if I can do what you guys do and see what a difference I can make here. Here goes.

To all you pilots out there in AH land! Don't clear my 12! Don't clear anyones 12! EVER! Through the awesome force of my divine will and my years of playing this game and my magic wand I'm tapping on the monitor screen to transmit this power to the game servers down in Texas. I COMMAND THEE!

While we're at it, I guess I should also command that everyone out there not HO, gang, vultch, pick, run, horde, fly too fast, turn too hard or fly too high.

Wow! I feel godlike now just like you guys! The power I have now is incredible! I see now why you do it and how great it feels to be so uber just through the power of my personality! I can't thank you so much for helping me see the light and the error of my ways.

Sounds pretty dumb right? Yup. That's exactly how you guys sound when we read your posts on stuff like this. Make all the silly little rules you want to try to get people to fly the way you think they should. It'll never work. You don't have that power. Never did. Never will.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:42:56 PM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
You know, I've always wanted to be able to wield the power that you guys do. Let me see if I can do what you guys do and see what a difference I can make here. Here goes.

you are all stupid for trying to make anything better. You shouldn't even try. It will never work.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just typed that instead.

Is this how you are in real life when you know there's a problem or bad situation that could maybe not be completely solved but possibly improved with a little communication and effort? Are you the first one to say "it won't work, we shouldn't ever try. We can't do it?"

If so, be glad you have the boss you have, 'cause I woulda fired you if you were one my employees.
Floyd

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »

To all you pilots out there in AH land! Don't clear my 12! Don't clear anyones 12! EVER! Through the awesome force of my divine will and my years of playing this game and my magic wand I'm tapping on the monitor screen to transmit this power to the game servers down in Texas. I COMMAND THEE!

While we're at it, I guess I should also command that everyone out there not HO, gang, vultch, pick, run, horde, fly too fast, turn too hard or fly too high.

Wow! I feel godlike now just like you guys! The power I have now is incredible! I see now why you do it and how great it feels to be so uber just through the power of my personality! I can't thank you so much for helping me see the light and the error of my ways.

Sounds pretty dumb right? Yup. That's exactly how you guys sound when we read your posts on stuff like this. Make all the silly little rules you want to try to get people to fly the way you think they should. It'll never work. You don't have that power. Never did. Never will.

I'll just save the rest for later.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:21:54 PM by Mar »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
It's not about power over players, it's about Respect and Respecting how others are playing, i can't tell you how many players i have Respect for, to many to name and i know i would never clear there 12, ill sit back and record there fight and learn from it, maybe give a shout to let them know I'm close, but i always get the "thanks I'm OK" so I'll hang around to make sure he don't get jumped, SkyRock wields no power over players ( nice story thou)  i can tell you he's very much Respected by players, far as I'm concerned the whole MoA is by alot of players and squads, like i said theres alot of people i Respect simply because of how they act and the Respect they show, THAT is something we as longtime players need to teach the new players.

So please don't clear my 12 if i need help I'll ask   :)
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »

Did you know someone in your sqaud doesnt like their 12 o clock cleared? I bet you ask him before you jump in his fight....why not ask before you jump in on anyones fight?

As for the person im talking about Ill gie you a clue........He takes bong rips on vox :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just typed that instead.

Is this how you are in real life when you know there's a problem or bad situation that could maybe not be completely solved but possibly improved with a little communication and effort? Are you the first one to say "it won't work, we shouldn't ever try. We can't do it,"?

He could have saved the time, but I think he was trying to make a point: "you sound stupid when you tell someone to fly the way you wish them to, assuming you have the right to do so based on time spent flying in a cartoon combat simulator". Thats just a rough guess, and not an exact translation. I agree with the sentiment, if not the means of conveying it.

Again, in a rough translation into plain english: he's not saying that it won't work, and its not worth trying, what he's saying is that "the harder you try to make uncooperative newbs listen to you on the grounds that you are better than them, the less they will listen.

BTW, fixed the post for you.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »
Their incessant demands to "fly right" (and "right" is how "they" say it is) gets old very fast and in my view is uncalled for - abusive and disrespectful of other peoples rights. Their line of discussion smacks of "1984" imhv. I'd

Truer words never spoken - I too am at a complete loss as to where these people come up with all these rules for a simulatoin of something that had NO rules - War!! It goes on and on and on......mainly from what I've dubbed the Circle Fight Mafia ( in the squad it's known as the Turntard Bullies) who seem to be trying to force everyone to fly their particular style of play.

Not a true statement. Who said it was a "rule" its a suggestion. And we know you like to clear friendlies 12 by the way you fly. Go ahead.  Your claim is no different in the above statement. it is just the opposing view. YOU just made a rule that you want us to follow and that is there are No rules. By the way I don't believe you that there were  "no rules".  If the killshooter was on it would make an obvious rule. The rule in WWII was you fly in my bullet stream and you going to get shot up. The original point was don't fly into my bullet stream, the point would not have to be made if the killshooter was off because you would be the one dieing. And you would probally say  since there were "no rules" in WWII I can shoot my own guys down also.

AH we are supposed to have respect for " other people rights" ah that is what is being said, yet we are being specific not some sloppy overgeneralization.  Doesn't other peoples rights include don't clear my 12.

Blooz you are overgeneralizing also.You are the one that said Never Always or Everyone. The point is to voice our opinion about what we don't like. IT is my 12 o'clock not everyones 12 o'clock. And the point isn't to stop everyone because we know there will be players like you. But i helps the over all game play if more players try to raise the overall gameplay.

you are all stupid for trying to make anything better. You shouldn't even try. It will never work

Here you go again with "anything" and "never" sloppy sloppy communication style. I cant imagine what you internal dialogue must be like.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
He could have saved the time, but I think he was trying to make a point: "you sound stupid when you tell someone to fly the way you wish them to, assuming you have the right to do so based on time spent flying in a cartoon combat simulator". Thats just a rough guess, and not an exact translation. I agree with the sentiment, if not the means of conveying it.

Again, in a rough translation into plain english: he's not saying that it won't work, and its not worth trying, what he's saying is that "the harder you try to make uncooperative newbs listen to you on the grounds that you are better than them, the less they will listen.
BTW, fixed the post for you.

ah that is NOT what he said He plainly stated the opposite.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »
You are aware of the fact that is an edited post, correct? Perhaps I'm being thick (sorry, kinda sick lately, not feeling my best), but I don't see where in the un-edited post he said that.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
I too am at a complete loss as to where these people come up with all these rules for a simulatoin of something that had NO rules - War!!

So what were the Geneva Conventions, war tribunals and rules of engagement all about then?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:18:01 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »
All of you defenders always jump to that "they want us to play their way!" crap. Nobody is telling ANYBODY to play their way. What most of us suggest is a little honor, or communication. If some people read it and say "hmmmm that might be a cool way to play", is their anything wrong with that? If you wish to clear someones 12, HO on every merge and so on go ahead, it's your $15. Some of us hope that one day that kind of play will be in the minority instead of the majority.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

I think you're partly right, but suspect I'm partly right in my impression of his attitude as well. I know he's trying to say "you guys shouldn't be whining and trying to tell others how to fly," and to an extent he's right... we all have better things to worry about really. But as a person who just 10 months ago was a totally green newb, I think I can say that any and all guidance from those who have been around a while is appreciated by those whom are new. The OP wasn't being an arse. Maybe only 5% of the "newbs" who read the "hint hint, here's a list of things to keep in mind if you want people not to despise your presence" list will take it to heart. But to me that's a 5% improvement over where we could have been. Even if he or you feel it's a lot of whining and we "look stupid" for trying to instill a little bit of good gamesmanship into whomever will listen, if it even gets one player to think twice about doing something crappy, I say it is worth it. Here's a hint... if you don't agree, don't open the thread. and if you do open the thread and don't agree..... quit reading and hit the little red "x" on the upper right corner.  :)

No one said we're better than anybody, but there is a better way to conduct oneself. I disagree that calling out a person will automatically cause that person to only behave worse, and a lot of other guys here disagree as well.... because in many cases it is why we are the way we are.

And I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a comma there.... but whatever.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:30:07 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

you are all stupid for trying to make anything better. You shouldn't even try. It will never work

Here you go again with "anything" and "never" sloppy sloppy communication style. I cant imagine what you internal dialogue must be like.

Those we my words Sonic, not his. I was being sarcastic in my interpretation of his comments. But I stand behind my version as being his true feelings.  :P
Floyd

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »

Newbs dont listen to this dweebery. Pure silliness.

I don't need my 12:00 cleared>>>> plain and simple... Its rude .   And a few more things will were on the subject.

If you cant communicate on vox or 200 or country and your getting your butt kicked ina a 1v1 I'm not going to presume U need help. If you ask I will bounce the con and let u reengage..

If I'm 1v1  DONT EVEN ASK> I would rather learn something and finish the fight .Live or die.
If i get killed THEN its your turn.

I have been very nice about names i dont recognize doing it... If i see your name more than twice you are going to get an ear full from me.

<S>

LOL I was winging with Firedrgn one night when some dweeb flys past two other cons on his six to clear his 12 O'clock. I can still hear him on local channel. " I don't need my 12 cleared what I need is my six cleared" :rofl