Author Topic: Did I HO Limbo0?  (Read 5328 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Did I HO Limbo0?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 03:28:40 PM »
Not sure if we just watched the same film but that's a HO all the way in my book.  Exactly how much closer to Nose to Nose is Limbo expected to bring it for guns off?  If Limbo had pulled any further he would have rammed the crap out of you.  It's a bad place to be on the bottom of that because I would argue the plane on top has a little bit more flexibility of taking shots like that but that was pretty blatant in my book.  Had I taken that shot, which is possible in the heat of the moment, I would have apologized and scratched the duel.  Also, if you would have started firing earlier when you had finished the turn then stopped when he came nose to nose, I would have said that was clean.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:30:23 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »
you could have been on his dead six, he will cry HO.  :rofl
Sounds like oDallaso
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
great fight today Loathing your in the making of becoming a very good stick  :salute :salute Sir
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »
you could have been on his dead six, he will cry HO.  :rofl

believe it or not I was HOd from behind once :)  Internet was lagging really bad and the guy was warping, saw him warp past me and then start shooting and I died  :rofl

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »

In the MA you'd take that shot every time, in a duel its a little close to nose to nose , and most duellers would pass
up that shot and work for more position.
I come from a land downunder

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »

In the MA you'd take that shot every time, in a duel its a little close to nose to nose , and most duellers would pass
up that shot and work for more position.

Yep.  And in the MA, the random P38 you were fighting would have just pulled up into you for the ram and you would have called him a ace pilot, then he would have called joo a ram tard and then a 200 poo flinging fest would be underway!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

LOL i hit someone in the bottom of the plane in KOTH and they called it a ho and i got kicked out, This was a while ago not last night.

No one has ever been kicked out of a King of the Hill because they did a Head On.
(sigh)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
Yep.  And in the MA, the random P38 you were fighting would have just pulled up into you for the ram and you would have called him a ace pilot, then he would have called joo a ram tard and then a 200 poo flinging fest would be underway!

lol ya , well I don't bother with 200 much , but in most cases I'm sure ur right.
I come from a land downunder

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »
No one has ever been kicked out of a King of the Hill because they did a Head On.
(sigh)

well, i was

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Loathing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »
Had I taken that shot, which is possible in the heat of the moment, I would have apologized and scratched the duel.  Also, if you would have started firing earlier when you had finished the turn then stopped when he came nose to nose, I would have said that was clean.

My thinking at that moment was that he couldn't have pulled any tighter. I'm hardly an excellent stick who knows exactly what my opponent could or couldn't do, I make mistakes. I'd love to re do the duel anytime, but as you can probably tell we weren't there for a few friendly rounds. Which is unfortunate because he's obviously no slouch and I'd love to ask him questions about a few things he did.

great fight today Loathing your in the making of becoming a very good stick  :salute :salute Sir

Thanks Bone, those spitfires sure make for some fun duels. I couldn't figure out the flaps though, it seemed when I dropped them vs you or kazaa the fight ended shortly after. Should I be keeping the flaps up for everything except going over the top? At any rate 'twas a fun time until everyone disappeared on me, lol.

so what is it that would make one "Loathing" enough to cause them to create a new gameid ?

You are right. Obviously I'm not a new guy fresh off my two weeks, but reading deep into my name wouldn't be accurate, it's just one that I've used in other games. Just looking for a fresh start and a different perspective.

Loathing
"When one has shot down one's first, second or third opponent, then one begins to find out how the trick is done."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 04:55:21 PM »
next time you see me on m8 send a pm my way alot easier to explain by showing you than telling  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
Ignore Limbo, hes a complete tool in many different ways.
:rofl He would've taken that right corner panel shot if he got the piper on your nose! :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »
Not a HO from your film. I would have taken the shot without hesitation.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
Not a HO from your film. I would have taken the shot without hesitation.

How much closer would he have to get for you to hold guns?  Even if he avoided the ram by 5 yds, the entire top section of Limbo's aircraft would have flown in front of Loathing's guns.  Would you still fire?  If that is the case, it seems to me the only way to deter some from taking that shot is to intentionally ram the aircraft on top.  Otherwise there's no such thing as a HO in this setup.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »
How much closer would he have to get for you to hold guns?  Even if he avoided the ram by 5 yds, the entire top section of Limbo's aircraft would have flown in front of Loathing's guns.  Would you still fire?  If that is the case, it seems to me the only way to deter some from taking that shot is to intentionally ram the aircraft on top.  Otherwise there's no such thing as a HO in this setup.

From Loathings perspective, it looked like Limbo could have been trying to turn and face him, but didn't quite have the turn rate available to do so, especially since Loathing wasn't using zoom.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."