Author Topic: Da  (Read 2730 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Da
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
BJ,

I can think of about 10 to 12 folks nightly that would 1 v 1 with you anytime its furball, gangtime city in there.  Look for me, TnDep, xxxJCxxx, Thrash99, NoHope, BrknArow, RiddleME, Memes or Wing46.  Any of them will give you what you want...it may not be a 1 v 1 against Grizz or SkyRock but it will be a good fight.

V/r

Changeup
That's the thing..I ALWAYS see you guys...ALL at ONCE...ALL way high...ALLL diving and firing at me as one. If I manage to avoid the first 2 or 3...the rest of the borg cube come diving in firing their hizookas. I love furballs mind you, but so often...it isn't one, and too many folks DON'T want one. That's not necessarily directed at you guys, but it's the rule at the lake far more than the exception. I'm always up for duels..2 on 2...3 on 3's, etc  at the other fields, I'm just done with the stupid lake
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »
Disclaimer: I suck and can't finish fights quickly.

I'll often run into a 1v1 that doesn't really go in my favor and I fight back hard enough to drag it out and set up a few snap shot opportunities - many times when this happens an additional con dives in to help out which I can understand... so I switch gears to fend off two because I know the guy I was fighting is still committed. Then comes three ... four... five... Why do I even count... Oh and hey, they're all Tempests, La7s, Spit16s and Ponies trying to clear the first guy's 12. I don't have a problem in getting shot down little by little against 5 guys it's just that I feel for the poor guy who worked hard to have almost beat me, only to have his buddies swoop in for the kill and virtual high five each other.

Oh and by the way, this happens in the DA as well as the MA.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 12:06:47 PM »
BJ,

I understand...just yell at us and we will set up some 3 v 3 or 8  v 8 if you have some folks that wanna fly or whatever you would like or fly with us....good guys one and all. :salute

V/r

Changeup

PS - You very RARELY will ever see me up high...I don't have the patience for the climb-out but when you do see us high, please, look at the Bish or Rook #'s for that particular moment...the nits in the DA go high to get an advantage when the numbers are against them...like last night!! lmao but 8 times out of 10, we will be at 5K crankin it out
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:09:10 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »
I was REALLY trying to enjoy the lake....but most nights it's packs of Tempests and F4u4's orbiting way high, occasionally diving down at light speed to pop someone grabbing out. There really aren't many fights, as most people would define the term. Too many folks prefer the safety of a large pack in the most populated side, and would prefer to be the 6th guy in on a low, single con rather than find a suitable 1 on 1.

(All that aside, the way it WAS, a lake squad with same name as MA squad could have inter-arena squad text, as well as the ".sr" thing, which was somewhat helpful. Don't know if it was necessary that both squads had same CO)

If there's more than 15-20 ppl in there , don't even bother , find a 1-1 or stick to the MA. Either that or hang out wide on the fringes and wait for a stray to leave the herd.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »
OR fly with us IN the herd....if you can't beat them, join them

V/r

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »
I see why it was done but like dedalos I missed having a few great dueling buddies in a squad in the DA, being able to hop in there and use .sr to see if they were on because they are not in my MA squad.  Perhaps the same could be accomplished with a buddy roster, .br.

Oh well, another wish, another sub-forum.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 05:22:56 AM »
Love the DA for what it is........
The Ho's
The Picks
The desperate Temptards (edit...not all Temp sticks are Tards)
The desperate noobs
Some great guys on the outer fields who will show you how it's done.....and respectfully hand back your <S>ass after brutally kicking it.
Some uber fights that can be found quickly
Some non-uber fights that can be found too quickly
perk free rides
Great fuballs
Great 1 v1's
The frequent 5-1's
The dweeb smack on channel
The hilarious smack on channel
the lies.....and the truth
The camaraderie
the loneliness

The arena message that tells you what to expect.

I love it. It's not hard to find what you want.  Go to the lake for a Ball, set up canyon fights or invite/accept  1v1's.
The choice is ours.

KlunK

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 05:48:59 AM »
Seems a shame Dedalos, well we had fun while it lasted. Geuss we have to find a new way to hook up for duels.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:34 AM »
Just another instance where the community couldn't, or wouldn't police it's self and HTC had to step in.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 09:18:14 AM »
It policed itself just fine....as I understand the explanation from Skuzzy as it relates to the message in the DA, there were 3 or 4 pilots that just couldn't POLICE themselves...control issues I suspect...or personal issues :D.  The squad thingy was mutually exclusive to the behavior issues...

V/r

Changeup

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
So I have a question.. Having flown mostly buffs for the past year and a half.. (Had to be good at something).. So never spent too much time in the DA..

Now I'm finally getting a little better in fighters (just a wee little but enough to keep trying).. So what is the best way to find a 1v1 in the DA? is there a channel or an area

that is best for this? Looking forward to getting my butt kicked but getting ganged is never very helpful.. lol.. Thanks  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 10:01:34 AM »
It policed itself just fine....as I understand the explanation from Skuzzy as it relates to the message in the DA, there were 3 or 4 pilots that just couldn't POLICE themselves...control issues I suspect...or personal issues :D.  The squad thingy was mutually exclusive to the behavior issues...

V/r

Changeup

That's what I'm saying. In the old days those  3 or 4 who couldn't police themselves would have been hounded and ridiculed to the point that they would have smartened up, or would have quit the game. Today people just accept that that is how it is and do nothing about it. HTC has provided a number of ways to help curb this crap, but most don't bother to use it. What do you think would happen if every morning when HTC turned on their computers at the office they had 30-40 films of these "3 or 4" people doing this crap? I'm thinking a few emails might be sent to request that some behavior modification be under taken.  :P

On the other hand if the majority of players feel that "cesspool" type of play is the way they think the game should go, not much will be done about it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »
So I have a question.. Having flown mostly buffs for the past year and a half.. (Had to be good at something).. So never spent too much time in the DA..

Now I'm finally getting a little better in fighters (just a wee little but enough to keep trying).. So what is the best way to find a 1v1 in the DA? is there a channel or an area

that is best for this? Looking forward to getting my butt kicked but getting ganged is never very helpful.. lol.. Thanks  :salute
If ya go in there and announce on channel 1 from tower, odds are someone will meet you at a base

OR fly with us IN the herd....if you can't beat them, join them
Alas, that is what most folks (on all 3 sides) have decided. They log in....look at the side with the most numbers, and join that country. In such arenas in years past, if there were 15 Nits...9 Bish and 3 Rooks...folks would take it upon themselves to changes sides and make it a more interesting fight. Now, they use that numerical advantage to orbit your base and gang you before you clear the field. (Even MORE hideous are folks who log in and seeing those disparate numbers, head to the biggest country to fly in the whorde, like a moth to a porch light)  I think the squad thing did it...once folks are mated to a chess piece, the dynamic changes, and it becomes a microcosm of the MA, except there are more Tempests
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »

So what is the best way to find a 1v1 in the DA? is there a channel or an area
that is best for this?

If ya go in there and announce on channel 1 from tower, odds are someone will meet you at a base

Thats all there is to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »
Fugitive:

Understood...my bad.  You are correct, we were saying the same thing...I was reading your post quickly because I heard my wife in the background screaming, "HOW'S THAT ADDICTION GOING????....TELL YOUR PRETEND-INTERNET FRIENDS I SAID HELLO!!!!"....to which I screamed, "What honey???....OH, YES, THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOUR REAL LIFE FRIENDS HONEY...THANKS FOR NOTICING!!...LOVE YOU!!"

V/r

Changeup