Author Topic: Wind change for frames 2 and 3 please note.  (Read 1125 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Wind change for frames 2 and 3 please note.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
Not according to today's physics community.  The theory now is that gravity is a force that PUSHES inward on all objects in the universe.  The more mass the object has, the more force is applied to it.  But I am no physicist  :huh  But it has something to do with the theories they are coming up with that try to define the origins of the universe, rate of expansion, blah... blah, blah... blah, blah.

All I really need to know is that if the roadrunner drops the anvil off a cliff, it will hit the coyote and turn him into an accordion.

Is falls under Le Sage’s theory if i am not mistaking. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
The real question to be asked with the intent of the post is how does the different wind layers affect the path of the bomb? 

Bomber flying a heading of 090 and release bombs at x altitude with winds blowing at 25mph NW to SE descending at 32 feet per second per second hitting lower wind layer of x amount of vertical height with wind blowing at 18 mph N to S  and so on and so on until striking the ground.

100 lb bomb would be buffeted many directions where a 1000 lb bomb just slightly.  This is a cartoon game and we get the benefit of doubt and have the bombs fall fast and furious regardless of wind layers.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »
The issue seems to be getting to complicated for your' (average) AH player..... :x
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »
nevermind
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »
Next thing you guys are gonna tell me a 5 ounce bird could carry a three pound coconut :D

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Next thing you guys are gonna tell me a 5 ounce bird could carry a three pound coconut :D

Drano
Well is it a streamlined coconut? How much thrust dose a 5 ounce bird have?

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
Well is it a streamlined coconut? How much thrust dose a 5 ounce bird have?

Not just any bird... a swallow.  And it could grip it by the husk.  Or carry it under the dorsal guiding feathers.

But back to the topic, it WOULD be interesting to know the effects IN GAME of how wind layers affect the flight path of a dropped bomb. I am sure that if someone wanted to go into offlien practice, and do hundreds of variations of wind speed, direction, flight path, altitude, and weight of ordinance they could.  But I think all we really need to know is that the more wind there is, and the farther the bomb falls through it, the less accurate the drop is going to be.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:13:57 PM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »
The real question to be asked with the intent of the post is how does the different wind layers affect the path of the bomb? 

Bomber flying a heading of 090 and release bombs at x altitude with winds blowing at 25mph NW to SE descending at 32 feet per second per second hitting lower wind layer of x amount of vertical height with wind blowing at 18 mph N to S  and so on and so on until striking the ground.

100 lb bomb would be buffeted many directions where a 1000 lb bomb just slightly.  This is a cartoon game and we get the benefit of doubt and have the bombs fall fast and furious regardless of wind layers.

I asked this very question to a wise  :old: squaddie.   Basic bottom line answer is,  calibration will take care of the wind layer you in, but you must make adjustments in you aim to compensate for lower layers .   Its a crap shoot   :bolt:

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
 Ok ok now wait a minute here...do I carry the 3 or...

~AoM~