Author Topic: Late night parking at an enemy GV base and then going to bed  (Read 1115 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Late night parking at an enemy GV base and then going to bed
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »
I have seen this a few times and wonder if aces tech folks could put in a kill program if you sit ina a GV for more than 30 minutes without moving the turret, starting, or stopping, firing guns, etc. you get sent to the hanger. Same rules, if anyone is close enough they get the kill. Wizard & I sat at a V base the other night. An M-3 attempted to come in thinking it wasn't guarded. After firing at him he left, but hid either parked in a barn or something. 30 minutes later after flying low over the field, spawn, & everywhere between, we figured he was camped in a barn. The next morning when I got up, I checked & yes it was still flashing. I upped a GV and nothing there.   :furious
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Late night parking at an enemy GV base and then going to bed
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
Sounds like good tactics and strategy to me. 

:bolt:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:50:22 AM »
I have seen this a few times and wonder if aces tech folks could put in a kill program if you sit ina a GV for more than 30 minutes without moving the turret, starting, or stopping, firing guns, etc. you get sent to the hanger. Same rules, if anyone is close enough they get the kill. Wizard & I sat at a V base the other night. An M-3 attempted to come in thinking it wasn't guarded. After firing at him he left, but hid either parked in a barn or something. 30 minutes later after flying low over the field, spawn, & everywhere between, we figured he was camped in a barn. The next morning when I got up, I checked & yes it was still flashing. I upped a GV and nothing there.   :furious
Roll film troll back & forth then review film find his position by seeing it from his seat then come back to the game & drop bomb on him. :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:52:15 AM »
Stop giving away good tactics & strategy sir.............   :D

Roll film troll back & forth then review film find his position by seeing it from his seat then come back to the game & drop bomb on him. :aok
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:17:42 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »

I seen this a few times.  A base will be flashing for a hour or so.  A few of us flew all over the area and could not find any GV.  Either they hind in the barn or parachute and remain on the grown.  it is real wast of time trying to find them.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »
"Roll film troll back & forth then review film find his position by seeing it from
his seat then come back to the game & drop bomb on him."

Bingo. Look at it like a WWII recce mission.
 Fly sortie, film strike zone, land info, develop, analyze, create a mission and execute.

(next time someone  "wishes" for PBY's and such for use in rescue missions I'll punt
  this topic.)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »

It's nice to know that there are other cunning opponents out there Lyric!  Too great an idea... :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
If that isnt the sadest thing ive ever read you guys to be doing now a days.

how about you learn how to look for the guy when in game and kill him. If he is makeing your base flash go find him and kill him and stop complaining about how much you stink at the game and how you need it to be easyer for you to play.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »
find his position by seeing it from
his seat then come back to the game & drop bomb on him."

dumb and so not like a PBY flight

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »
This one time at band camp, I came high 6 to SHawk in his 1D, but had wayyyyy to much E and flew right by in a K4...... Didn't have too much of either fuel or ammo, so I continued to drop alt and fly home.  He is on 200 yelling about me being a maryboy...... THEN... a minute later I get a PM from him.  (This tells us he minimized the game after hitting stop on the record and actually looked to see who it was)

See Rule #4

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
i miss the old tank town!
 used to park my jeep in a very nice hiding place, come back the next morning and land 25 or more kills in a jeep, they didn't pay anything but it was fun just to see all the chatter on 200 because of it!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
There really should be a timer for auto disconnect...staying connected to the server whether in tower or camping a spot is just lame...personally I'd make it so that if there is no input from your system for 30 minutes...disconnect.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »
  Either they hind in the barn or parachute and remain on the grown. 

Bailed pilots do note make bases flash.

But it's fun if the player can't get back into the arena due to caps after watching the film :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »
This one time at band camp, I came high 6 to SHawk in his 1D, but had wayyyyy to much E and flew right by in a K4...... Didn't have too much of either fuel or ammo, so I continued to drop alt and fly home.  He is on 200 yelling about me being a maryboy...... THEN... a minute later I get a PM from him.  (This tells us he minimized the game after hitting stop on the record and actually looked to see who it was)

cant play the game and see films at same time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
 :huh     So you're saying he has a shade?   :lol

Or perhaps just 2 computers networked together and pass a file off to another desktop to run the film viewer.................  I'll guess the 2nd one. 

cant play the game and see films at same time.

semp
See Rule #4