Author Topic: Am I an ack-hugger?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Am I an ack-hugger?
« on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
Yes, I know I am, never denied the fact that I use ack as a ... uhm... "tactical tool" if necessary  :uhoh

But have I been an ack hugger in this particular episode? http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4b12b5cc24a8b0abc74f70ddb56f9ac856485f8f05165657

I am actually really wondering about it..
(This film was posted with the consent of both players)

Oh, and this thread is dedicated to Roy "SunBat" Bean, the law west of A1  :salute
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: Am I an ack-hugger?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
Many a toon pilot I have brought down with the help of my friends the ack.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
I didnt see any ack hugging that time

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
LOL...what a tard.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »
If you are then so be it...we have all used it to our advantage and been used by it to someone else's advantage. Good grief I hate whiners...myself included!
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »
Ack hugging is a viable solution when other planes/vehicles have a superior position like alt, speed, surprise, hidey-hole, numbers, etc.  Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.  If I had a guarantee that a con or cons would allow me to lift and get co-alt and co-E I would never hug ack.  Anybody receive this guarantee yet?  I have only once been offered this option in almost three years of AH play time, and it was honored.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
Ack hugging is a viable solution when other planes/vehicles have a superior position like alt, speed, surprise, hidey-hole, numbers, etc.  Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.  

I agree.
It's just strange when being called ackhugger via PM's and on 200 when you were  a few miles away from any ack. FTD's logic was as follows: "I was at your 6 and your nose was pointed towards your base."  :huh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »
I agree.
It's just strange when being called ackhugger via PM's and on 200 when you were  a few miles away from any ack. FTD's logic was as follows: "I was at your 6 and your nose was pointed towards your base."  :huh

okay, so you were not actually hugging the ack, but your intent, in his opinion, was to go meet it, kiss it & apparently marry it.   :D

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »
Ack hugging is a viable solution when other planes/vehicles have a superior position like alt, speed, surprise, hidey-hole, numbers, etc.  Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.  If I had a guarantee that a con or cons would allow me to lift and get co-alt and co-E I would never hug ack.  Anybody receive this guarantee yet?  I have only once been offered this option in almost three years of AH play time, and it was honored.

I have been on both sides of such an agreement quite a few times...all honored.

Strip

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »

I regularly run single flights to bases to get someone to up, and give him time to get alt and E for a nice fight. I'll orbit at 8 or 9K and wait.

Did we meet in one of these engagements???  :salute

Invariably, 5 more cons up just after you have one good fight.  At that point, it's kill them all as fast as possible.

The ones that really peeve me, are when I orbit and wait for them to get co-everything, that subsequently run to ack when they're in a bad spot.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
I have been on both sides of such an agreement quite a few times...all honored.

Strip

the DA is a wonderful place.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
One time i killed a cartoon plane and the fella said town ack killed him and we were 2k away from any town or field ack  :rofl
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
The name of the game is winning, any mistake you can sucker them into is fair play.

That includes acks, dragging to friendlys, and a whole host of other things.
Amazing the ego's on some folks that refuse to let them see that they made a mistake.
So they have to blame it on someone else.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
You're more likely to survive ack hugging than tree hugging.   ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
The name of the game is winning, any mistake you can sucker them into is fair play.

That includes acks, dragging to friendlys, and a whole host of other things.
Amazing the ego's on some folks that refuse to let them see that they made a mistake.
So they have to blame it on someone else.
Whining, complaining, and smack talking: It is the nature of online gaming and because AH does MMO so well we see it in such vast quantities.  I push against it continually.