Author Topic: Tanktown/Fightertown  (Read 1425 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: Tanktown/Fightertown
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
Or how about we modify some maps to make FT/TT bases un-capturable?

Because HTC said "No".

And I beleave it is still true that the guys who make maps, Can not make a terrain map with anything that looks like a "Fightertown".

Cav
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Bla bla bla and bla

sorry it was long but well said +1  :aok

how 'bout this though: 5k air launch for fighter dweebs. bomb proof bubble around gv's. 4 sector wide insta-respawn town for the bomb tards. and a little monkey running around with a flag. Whoever captures the flag and takes it to their base wins teh war. That way everyone's happy and the ftw's can spend the entire day playing with their monkey.

edit: forgot to add 30k launch with optional pressurized suits for akak and steve  :aok
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:31:19 PM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »
I'm trying to figure out the mentality that taking and owning TT/FT bases is valuable to the "war effort". Ive heard here and there that " It takes up valuable resources and these guys furballing in there could be taking other bases". You guys know that removing the "resources" there also means that guys on the other side are freed up to kill off your war winning efforts. Its strategically stupid!! This isn't an attack on BISH, NIT or ROOK..it happens all the time on all sides.

:rofl :rofl :rofl This is DogFites excuse for why he just drops fighter hangars at furballs. Its completely retarded for someone to say this for taking TT/drop the fighter hangars at a furball. This is a game, let people play how they want, not go take away theirs so they play it your way.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »
This is war fellaz, anything goes. Keep yer head low.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
I'd have to say that if a base is capture-able, folks are going to capture them.. Threads like this don't make anyone feel bad about doing it.. It probably just incites them to do it more.. It's funny that so many people here think they know the correct way to play.. Is there one? I try to make this game fun for myself within the constraints of whatever is happening on the map, I certainly don't let anyone's griping or belittling on the BBS affect my own game play.. There must be a hundred threads like this and they nor this one will change anything..  :rolleyes:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I'd have to say that if a base is capture-able, folks are going to capture them.. Threads like this don't make anyone feel bad about doing it.. It probably just incites them to do it more.. It's funny that so many people here think they know the correct way to play.. Is there one? I try to make this game fun for myself within the constraints of whatever is happening on the map, I certainly don't let anyone's griping or belittling on the BBS affect my own game play.. There must be a hundred threads like this and they nor this one will change anything..  :rolleyes:
Says the XO to a toolshedding horde sqaud :rolleyes:
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Says the XO to a toolshedding horde sqaud :rolleyes:

Now that hurt... I'm changing my ways! Maybe not :x

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »

While personally I couldn't care less whether or not TT/FT get capture by a bunch of dweebs it's attitudes like this one that is contributing to the poor game play problems that everyone is always "griping" about. This "I'll do what ever I want with my squad" attitude is pretty selfish. It's the same with these dorks who capture TT/FT, they couldn't care less the fun they are ruining for a bunch of other players.

There are a lot of different ways to play this game for everyone, but using your head and having a little class goes a long way in making it more fun for everyone.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
While personally I couldn't care less whether or not TT/FT get capture by a bunch of dweebs it's attitudes like this one that is contributing to the poor game play problems that everyone is always "griping" about. This "I'll do what ever I want with my squad" attitude is pretty selfish. It's the same with these dorks who capture TT/FT, they couldn't care less the fun they are ruining for a bunch of other players.

There are a lot of different ways to play this game for everyone, but using your head and having a little class goes a long way in making it more fun for everyone.
Well said

Now that hurt... I'm changing my ways! Maybe not :x
Take advice from the above quote, you creeper
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »

I don't think in my post, at any point I either condoned nor condemned the taking of FT/TT.. Personally in fact, I avoid it.. If you want to get personal and it makes you feel better, that's fine.. But having never flown with me or knowing exactly what I'm about in any way at all makes your statement a bit weak.. However, if someone is ruining your game play I'd do a double check before throwing stones.. I may be short on a lot of things but class, is not one of them  :salute
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:53:04 PM by Tarstar »

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
Many times ive switched sides just to kill/ disrupt "missions" trying to capture TT bases. I will gladly do it again, I know im not alone in this regard either.  :D :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 10:14:24 PM »
I like TT 'cos it's the only time I ever get to see an enemy tank before I get blown up.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:43 AM »
tank Town/ Fightrtown are the biggest waste of time in the game. Has no stratigic or tacital reason, its made for dweebs and newbies who cant take bases

you missed the point.....
frogs are people too

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 01:53:45 AM »
Doesn't fun count anymore?  Tank Town used to be the spot to be.  Huge battles on the weekends.

:aok always great fun there sir  :aok
frogs are people too

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 01:59:25 AM »

well said sir!!!
frogs are people too