Author Topic: "Glass" gauges  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Glass" gauges
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2010, 09:15:53 AM »
actually I don't get to play very much I have kids, and as for my skill as a pilot...well I have no skill  :rofl
 If you don't believe me then  look at the boards. (I'm lucky my squad lets me stay)

I have lost track of the cost because its a never ending hobby but you could build a better one then I have for under $1,000 (not counting PC, screens and peripherals ) but honestly when the new pit I'm working on is complete it would take 5K for me to consider selling it

regardless of 'skill' that's a dang nice pit imho.. the big question is are you having fun? To me that's the most important thing. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »
If I lost the pit I would stop playing...I love it! to me the immersion factor is a huge part of the fun. I may die alot but I die in style, as soon as I get my new fighter stick built I have no doubt my aim and skill will increase  :x
I can build em better than I can fly em
http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/hotwire_2009/?

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
He's not sitting far back, he just has a wide view angle. It increases the immersion because the view angle is closer to normal vision.
very true my monitors are just an inch or so out of arms reach I built my pit around the the monitors and seat position. I would lose so much immersion if I went to one monitor! My short term goal is to have 3 monitors large enough to make the canopy actually fit my pit without zooming in. The long term goal is 3 projectors and a rounded screen ...(yes you do need some expensive software to warp the image correctly for a round screen.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:49:15 PM by sheperd »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »
If I lost the pit I would stop playing...I love it! to me the immersion factor is a huge part of the fun. I may die alot but I die in style, as soon as I get my new fighter stick built I have no doubt my aim and skill will increase  :x

... so I'm guessing your wife has locked you in the garage and thrown away the key?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »
... so I'm guessing your wife has locked you in the garage and thrown away the key?
:rofl I thought about moving it in the house when I finally get rid of my 22 year old this spring, but the wife (out of principle) wont come out to the garage and tell me that she wants to watch a movie or something like that, so I may leave it out there  :rofl

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »
:rofl I thought about moving it in the house when I finally get rid of my 22 year old this spring, but the wife (out of principle) wont come out to the garage and tell me that she wants to watch a movie or something like that, so I may leave it out there  :rofl

:rofl

Begin a slow take over of the empty room with hobby supplies.  Once you've established the same precedent in the new room, then slowly start moving the big stuff.  She won't know what hit her.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.