Author Topic: sherman main gun sights  (Read 1461 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Re: sherman main gun sights
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »
really weird! I hardly ever drive the M-4(points), but when I do I make more 1 shot kills....maybe my brain is off center the same amount as the M-4 sight...?  :aok  :rofl
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »
it would be nice if Skuzzy moved this to bugs i aint all that sure i can do it without starting over, but i bet he searches for his name every morning to see who has been talking about him!!!  just a guess
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 12:31:56 AM »
Wouldn't be supprised. Skuzzy seems like the paranoied type  :bolt:!!!

JK skuzzy, you're cool dispite the fact that you hate Rooks  :neener:.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:37 AM »
it would be nice if Skuzzy moved this to bugs i aint all that sure i can do it without starting over, but i bet he searches for his name every morning to see who has been talking about him!!!  just a guess

WW ... I just got done deleting all my settings for the M4 / M8 / Panzer / Tiger.

I then re-did all my views offline. I then spawned each vehicle on the base (each spawning in the exact same spot) and picked a spot (bush) to shoot at and get the range at which I hit it dead on. I then went to each of the vehicles, picked the same bush at the same distance marker and ALL of them hit it spot on ... so I am not sure there is anything wrong with the distance scaling of the M4.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »
sounds reasonable to me. :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
What range was the bush at? I've noticed that the M4 seems to dead center or close to it upto around whatever the hell that 12 or 13 mark indicates. Past that, it starts to get off by more and more, and starts hitting to the right just a bit. When I'm fighting at stand off ranges (out past the 32 mark, I'm aiming left so its about a pointer (the little mouse thing) or two's width to the right of center.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
WW ... I just got done deleting all my settings for the M4 / M8 / Panzer / Tiger.

I then re-did all my views offline. I then spawned each vehicle on the base (each spawning in the exact same spot) and picked a spot (bush) to shoot at and get the range at which I hit it dead on. I then went to each of the vehicles, picked the same bush at the same distance marker and ALL of them hit it spot on ... so I am not sure there is anything wrong with the distance scaling of the M4.
yea you need to shot out at a pretty good range to check, all my shots would be out of view if you were not zoomed all the way in and f-8 to go down the scale
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »
yea you need to shot out at a pretty good range to check, all my shots would be out of view if you were not zoomed all the way in and f-8 to go down the scale

That sounds like the shell is just heavy then. If you use F8 then you aren't using the original distances, you are probably shooting about 5k.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »
That sounds like the shell is just heavy then. If you use F8 then you aren't using the original distances, you are probably shooting about 5k.
no , that shot is about 3 k out,,, the weight of the shell would have nothing to do with the distance the rangefinder views, all the other tanks hit at the same rangefinder location, even tho the weight of there shells vary, as does there velocity. the range finder is not correct, drive out 3 k from the field in offline mode and fire back at the tanks on the field if you like, maybe then you will understand, or i can post some more pictures.
Flying since tour 71.