Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20018 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
You've got all that stuff in the MA now. Please just go play there and leave WW1 alone.

Thanks awfully, old chap.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
1. Please turn sarcasm filter off before reading the last sentence of my post.

2. Furballs, REAL furballs have disappeared from EW, MW, and LW. Completely. Picking, BNZing, HOing and Alt monkey behaviour are not only impractical in the WW1 arenas, they can vary between suicidal and boring.

3. No bomber dweebs to destroy a decent fight and puffy ack that turns string and canvas multi-wing coffins into colanders from which the blood flows freely leaving an exsanguinated corpse to thud pointlessly into the earth below whenever one strays over an enemy base which leads to....

4. No vulching.

Capture the flag? I don't think so Tim. We now have the perfect arenas to learn and perfect ACM and SA in. I don't think there'll only be three people left in the WW1 arenas in a month at all and if I'm proved wrong, well, bite me. :)

I think my idea for a battle line would sufficiently address all of these issues, without affecting the insanity of the WW1 type air combat.  After all, the hangers and ack would be indestructable, hence no reason to bomb them or even attempt a vulch situation.

AAJagerX
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:21:22 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
I dont mid a furball, but I prefer one that grows from a pupose..  I.E. there is a furball when the excorting fighters try and defend the bombers, or a furball trying to stop attackers from destroying.. something..   

flying up and swirling around for a few miniutes before dieing for the sake of flying up and swirling around for a few miniutes will not hold my attention long.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
I dont mid a furball, but I prefer one that grows from a pupose..  I.E. there is a furball when the excorting fighters try and defend the bombers, or a furball trying to stop attackers from destroying.. something..   

flying up and swirling around for a few miniutes before dieing for the sake of flying up and swirling around for a few miniutes will not hold my attention long.

It's already losing mine. Nothing more boring than getting to the edge of the fight only to be jumped on by half a dozen.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »
I love the ww1 thus far, i have no complaints other than the map, and a request for visual pilot wound :)

I cant wait for the new damage system to be implemented in the ww2 game..   :aok

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline wsveum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »
I hope it's going away and they work on making the WWII better.
AKA: Bison
AKA: Bison

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 08:28:30 PM »
ONE frikkin day, and people are analyzing it to death
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »
ONE frikkin day, and people are analyzing it to death

not so much analysis of what it is, but more speculation as to where it is going or where it should be going.

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
the great debate
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
It's already losing mine. Nothing more boring than getting to the edge of the fight only to be jumped on by half a dozen.

The community has a chance to make this work. They as a group can can get control of the arenas and help people learn that ganging will not be tolerated. With the way it's only fighters there is no reason to gang anyone. Nobody has to save the goon, nobody has to get the buffs in, nobody has to break up the spawn camp. The only reason that anyone should or would gang is that they are a loser and can only get a kill by shooting someone who is other wise occupied.

If everyone controlled themselves, and rein in the ones that don't it could be a great place to have some quick action and a lot of fun for many nights to come.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
The community has a chance to make this work. They as a group can can get control of the arenas and help people learn that ganging will not be tolerated. With the way it's only fighters there is no reason to gang anyone. Nobody has to save the goon, nobody has to get the buffs in, nobody has to break up the spawn camp. The only reason that anyone should or would gang is that they are a loser and can only get a kill by shooting someone who is other wise occupied.

If everyone controlled themselves, and rein in the ones that don't it could be a great place to have some quick action and a lot of fun for many nights to come.

You are dreaming,in the short amount of time i have been in there,i keep trying to do a good one on one ,as no one knows the planes well and i just want to learn it,but no fail every time i get engaged with one i have 3 or more on me.People are lame,its all about the kills not the skills in AH for most,that's just the way it is.Same old same old,i still love the WWI arena and will enjoy it even with the kill joys.And you know who you are. :D
(side note) I already seen a few guys up at 13 K to pic.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:22:21 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
As I said in the OP,  I'm just speculating towards the future and that there is a lot of smaller issues that will be dealt with first.

Now, this is the best opportunity I have to use this gif...

(Image removed from quote.)

:D j/k

:rofl :rofl :rofl
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
Frankly I don't mind being ganged in the WWI arena.  On the other hand I do in WWII.  It seems to me in WWI you have a much better chance of lasting a lot longer when completely overwhelmed.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »
Its fun and Fugitive your right, its just a quake style play right now, never did like just furrballin, but i started calling out over 200 that i was going to the center of the map to fly a 1V1 and i had takers no problem and it was a total blast no worries about getting ganged, thats just what ya have to do i guess right now to get a good fight going.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
You need to remember the gangers in there are the same guys you see in the hordes in your MA with all of it's lovely "purpose" and "strategy".

If you don't LIKE furballin' just hustle right back to the MAs. No one will miss you in WW1.

The sooner it becomes less populated, the better the fights will be.

A handful of us had a great time by playing in the WW1 arenas that only had 20-30 people in them. Some great 4 v 4 action as well as 1 v 1 and everything in between.

So, if you don't like it, easy solution. You ALREADY have all the extraneous crap in the WW2 arenas.

Let WW1 be for air combat.

Bye now!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!