Author Topic: AVA ww1 arena  (Read 5064 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: AVA ww1 arena
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
Which case?

Yet that was not the case.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
Which case?

It ran in the AvA the week WWI came out, which was about a week or two ago.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
And the FB2 was fun as hell.  :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »
So AvA stats say something different than WWI stats? 

And the FB2 was fun as hell.  :aok

I'm from Missouri.... SHOW ME?  Or shut it.  Stats don't lie.
See Rule #4

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
I'm from Texas. Who give s a rats bellybutton where you're from?

And how can stats prove or disprove if I had fun in the F2B for a few nights?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
And how can stats prove or disprove if I had fun in the F2B for a few nights?

Pretty easy... look up the fun/hour stat.  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
Pretty easy... look up the fun/hour stat.  :D
Hmmm im going to need a pie chart for an overview!

:D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:25:27 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:12 PM »
I'm from Texas. Who give s a rats bellybutton where you're from?

Lets not forget, everything is Bigger in Texas........ but those Missourians want you to Show Them just how bigger it is... :devil  :bolt:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »
the AVA has its pro's and its cons. it works for some, it doesn't work for others. there are those that like it and those that will NEVER like it. people that fly it all the time, love it. most people that don't like it, its because of past bad experiences, and you have to respect that.

if you like it, you shouldn't be afraid to say so and why.

if you don't like it, feel free to post about it, but try making a suggestion on how to better it at the same time, instead of just bashing it. also it might help if you have recent flying time in there. things have changed alot in there in recent months. please take the time to experiment with it and try it out before forming an opinion.

if you must bash, please do it politely! i'm very thin skinned.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
Lets not forget, everything is Bigger in Texas........ but those Missourians want you to Show Them just how bigger it is... :devil  :bolt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8&feature=related

:D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »
So whenever there is map change, they will 'learn the map'? How many weeks it takes to 'learn the map'? Do you get different editions for different countries?

This realism thingy is fascinating.  :O
You might want to stop trying to show how big your horn is...it's lacking...when the map changes in the AvA, it's a totally different setup...like a special events setup...sometimes just certain bases are enabled...and sometimes only certain items are available at certain bases...so yes, people do have to spend some time to "learn the map" if they want to figure things out.

:lol  You left out the other part of my post.............
That is the thing in and of itself, usage.........  EVERYBODY is going to fly Axis, aside from the 18 guys in Camels.

And I don't want you to think me disrespectful.  I know I sound it, but my overall concern is the good of the game.  The FB2 doesn't get much play, the DR.I turns much better than the rest and the D.VII may just be the best plane of the war.  Until Allies get a Spad XVI it's pretty much going to stay this way.  So in an AvA setup, nobody is going to want to fly Allies.  
:D I think I posted my reply before you made the edit...sorry man.

When the WWI planes were in the AvA, the Ardennes terrain was used and everyone just upped from 2 bases closest to the river...since it was new, people were switching sides and checking out every plane...several stayed mostly allied and flew F2Bs or Camels...sometimes the axis was 2 to 1 over the allies but nobody got their panties in a knot.

Obviously in an arena where sides can fly whatever planes they want, the majority are going to fly what they believe to be better than the rest...just so they can see their name in lights or have someone come along and look at the stats and say "wow"...fortunately that isn't the standard in the AvA at this time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:37:53 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »
My house is in New Jersey actually Boobie, I spend at least 2 weeks there a year.......  Missouri, if I managed to spell it right......It's an expression.  How are you old enough to be important around here and yet not know that?  

I'm from Texas. Who gives a rat's bellybutton where you're from?

And no offense, but not a single person round here cares what you have fun in...... I have fun in the Mossie...... And the 262.....  I fly one, to fly the other.  Do you care?  Neither do my squadies.......  Was there a point in there AvA CM or are you just trying to turn people off to AvA?  With a Donkey like you in charge, who wants to hang out there?

I also fixed your grammar.  When do you get to college?  

WWI - You have 52 kills.... But only 12 are in an FB2............  Sounds like you had so much fun you stayed with the plane!   :salute

Or.... In AvA..... 132 kills, yet only 22 in the FB2...... But you sure did fly that D.VII alot.  You sure you don't mean the D.VII for AvA?  You have 64 of those.  Or does dying give you joy?  Then I can understand all the fun you had in that FB2.   :neener:

EDIT:  AvA stats are even worse than WWI stats cupcake........ FYI.  But as Lusche states, even the fun/hour stat shows the D.VII to be funner..............   :lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:14:37 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
<S> gyrene81 <S>

:D I think I posted my reply before you made the edit...sorry man.

Talking bad about Slashhhhhhhh, I sound like a jerkoff, true..........  But that's on purpose.  I just figure until the Allies have the Spad 16, it's always going to be Axis getting the chunk of the players.  Then same way people whine about hordes in the MA, people are going to whine about hordes in AvA WWI.  That won't get this community anywhere good. 

I always respect your opinion gyrene81, don't think me intentionally being thick headed.  I just try to see the future.
See Rule #4

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:15 PM »
Yeah, I like the F2B. All 22 kills were fun much like the enitre set up for me. It's not near as easy to get kills in as the DR 7 but I'll take the F2B over the Camel or that DR 1. And this "ass" is not in charge of anything around here.

Atleast for now.... :noid

How was grammar Jersey Shore?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:22:50 PM by Slash27 »

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2010, 11:26:27 PM »
But was it 4 times as much fun?    :lol  

I do apologize for being a jackarse.......  Don't take it personal my brotha..........   :salute

The grammar wasn't too bad at all this time.  But I live across the Hudson by NYC.  I don't get to the "shore" much.   :cheers:
See Rule #4