Author Topic: Perk pts in the dueling arena  (Read 2926 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk pts in the dueling arena
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
In a way the DA is balanced as you can always take the same plane as the enemy. Nothing forces us to fly the earlier planes. So i do see Skuzzys' point. It just took awhile  :lol

Fighting a more advanced plane on a consistence basis will improve your skills i think. You just won't realize it at first because all you do is die. But take on a similar plane as you a month later and revell in the ownage you hand out. :joystick:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:49:37 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
Ok, EW and LW; alla same to me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
The primary purpose of the "Dueling Arena" is to have a place where players can fight against each other unimpeded by anything else.

So players can furball, if they want.  You just do so within the constraints of the arena settings.  Those settings are there to support the primary function of the arena.

And SunBat, it still takes me back to the same answers as before.

You cannot make the DA into what you are asking for.  To do so would violate the primary reason the DA is there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
And SunBat, it still takes me back to the same answers as before.

You cannot make the DA into what you are asking for.  To do so would violate the primary reason the DA is there.

My question isn't about the dueling arena; it is a question about why there is not a balanced arena for "pure unadulterated dogfighting" for WWII planes.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »
Ok, let's dance.

We put up an arena with all the planes available from WW2.

Next day, the board will be ripe with complaints about nothing but jets being flown around and lo, the cries for disabling it would be far and wide.  So we disable them.

Next day, the board would be ripe with complaints about the Tempest and C-Hogs, and lo, the cries for disabling them would be far and wide.  The cry, "No one can have a decent fight with those planes enabled", and so they are.

Next day, the board is ripe with the cries of bombers being used as ack-stars and lo, the cries would rise up from the land in a manner not unlike a Tsunami.  The cry, "Bombers have to go!!" would be the banner waved, and so they would.

Next day....

ad infinitum.

We already had to deal with that with the DA players.  Keep in mind, the call is not mine to make.  However, I would argue it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

WW1 gives you what you want, in terms of gameplay.  The 4 planes in there are pretty competitive with each other.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:21:17 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
Sunbat, <S> with respect Sir,  exactly what are you meaning by balanced arena ?  to me a balanced arena would be one where everyone had access to the same planes, no perked rides because this would only benefit the veteran players and not the new players coming in with no perkies yet or very limited perks
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »
If I read correctly, he means an additional arena, which would basically be a dogfighting arena, with a perk system. A smaller MA without the "win teh war" stuff.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
but isnt that the DA? what its turned into is something that has to be fixed by the players not by adding another fighters only arena, we have the WW1 for early dogfighting, and the DA for all the other plane sets, the DA was and could again be what it was designed for, BUT your always going to get the Greifers and ho tards or runners no matter what kind of arena you set up, its up to US
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
I don't so much care about the perk planes in the DA as I do the F-3 mode. In the MA you know when you have made a turn under the nose of your enemy that will not give him a shot. This is because he can see you to fire. However in F-3 he can see you from out side the plane and make fantastic deflection shots that other wise are impossible to make. That changes to dynamics of the fight totally and a normal tactics will not work anymore and it is just another arcade then.

I don't understand why someone would do this as it will not help you learn to fight better in the MA. If getting a kill is all you want then buy a Micro Soft game and shoot drones down all day long. People flying perk birds in F3 mode spraying the sky with cannons like a garden hose just ain't for me.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »
If I read correctly, he means an additional arena, which would basically be a dogfighting arena, with a perk system. A smaller MA without the "win teh war" stuff.

thats what i got from what he was saying as well. I dont think skuzzy took it that way. seems he thinks he meant to enable all planes when that wasnt what he meant at all. Anyways, the DA was balanced for about a week. Now its back to the norm.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »
Ok, let's dance.

We put up an arena with all the planes available from WW2.

Next day, the board will be ripe with complaints about nothing but jets being flown around and lo, the cries for disabling it would be far and wide.  So we disable them.

Next day, the board would be ripe with complaints about the Tempest and C-Hogs, and lo, the cries for disabling them would be far and wide.  The cry, "No one can have a decent fight with those planes enabled", and so they are.

Next day, the board is ripe with the cries of bombers being used as ack-stars and lo, the cries would rise up from the land in a manner not unlike a Tsunami.  The cry, "Bombers have to go!!" would be the banner waved, and so they would.

Next day....

ad infinitum.

We already had to deal with that with the DA players.  Keep in mind, the call is not mine to make.  However, I would argue it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

WW1 gives you what you want, in terms of gameplay.  The 4 planes in there are pretty competitive with each other.

You are still missing my point.  Hub got it right with this:

I'm not saying take away certain planes, let everyone have them like you do in the MA but use the system (pretty damn ingenious system really) that you guys have already created to make ppl earn perks (so it is not full of jets for example) and to keep the sides balanced.  Why not? 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
That is really too bad, it was nice seeing less Tempests and such in the furball area.

Agree, I was thrilled to find perks enabled there the other day.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »
I don't so much care about the perk planes in the DA as I do the F-3 mode. In the MA you know when you have made a turn under the nose of your enemy that will not give him a shot. This is because he can see you to fire. However in F-3 he can see you from out side the plane and make fantastic deflection shots that other wise are impossible to make. That changes to dynamics of the fight totally and a normal tactics will not work anymore and it is just another arcade then.

I don't understand why someone would do this as it will not help you learn to fight better in the MA. If getting a kill is all you want then buy a Micro Soft game and shoot drones down all day long. People flying perk birds in F3 mode spraying the sky with cannons like a garden hose just ain't for me.

I'd say at LEAST do this: Disable F3 view.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
1st DA ---same map as is
2nd DA---same map, no F3 with perks
3rd DA---same map, MW rides
4th DA---same map, one plane that rotates IE P40b then the next day Ki161

In two months you will know what people enjoy about the DA and why.
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
I never have understood why F3 is :mad: enabled in the DA anyway...  Anyone know what the thinking behind allowing it is?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder