Author Topic: CH Fighterstick repair  (Read 2395 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
CH Fighterstick repair
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »
I slammed it on the desk last night and now it's shutting down my computer. At computer startup this morning I got the message to the effect that too much electrical current was coming from USB device and computer will shut down in 10 seconds. I unplugged it, restarted computer, plugged it back in and it locked computer up.

My question is, has this happened to anyone else in the past? Can it be fixed? It's not under any warranty so that option is out.
 Can these things be rebuilt, or do I just need to get another one?

This is the 1st time I've ever slammed a JS down and this is what happens....just my luck  :(

Lighten up Francis

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: CH Fighterstick repair
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »
I slammed it on the desk last night ...

:lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »

This is the 1st time I've ever slammed a JS down and this is what happens....just my luck

Probably because it is not a hammer. mmmmmmmmmmmm :old:

:D

ps: i think your screwed

:headscratch:

what i mean is the problem sounds like it may be in the board and it might be just as expensive to buy a board as it is to buy a new stick.  i'm just guessing though
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:35:41 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:43:20 PM »
i once thought i was in the who and started swinging mine around by the cord  :devil
That didnt work out as well as i had hoped. Few things were broken during the process.

Oh and to answer your question, ummmmm your screwed  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

:lol
  TY Steve....i feel better now  :rolleyes: <----shakes fist at you  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:52:12 PM »
well its junk now, take it apart and see what you have. You can't make it any worst, give it a go.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:26 PM »
you cant lose anymore than you already have by contacting CH about a repair. they may fix it a lot cheaper than you think. just a thought.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:20:22 PM »
LMAO um its broke, i had a errrrr ummmm how we say this, bad moment once to with my old logitec, bad night turned into joystick went right and the base (and guts) went left, at a high rate of speed i may add  :devil
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 01:26:32 PM »
If you have any electronics knowledge, I would open it up. You never know might be something obvious, and easy to fix. Not likely, but what have you got to lose?
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »
I have a brand new fighter stick usb i have only pulled outta the box twice, both times it was used for about 20 mins.

I found it totally unusable and will let it go for a US grant. it truly is brand new.

that is all....froger
frogs are people too

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »
I have a brand new fighter stick usb i have only pulled outta the box twice, both times it was used for about 20 mins.

I found it totally unusable and will let it go for a US grant. it truly is brand new.

that is all....froger
PM me what you want for it Froger. I took the bottom off mine and looked inside, but i can't see where anything is out of order. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
honestly, I am very surprised that you're getting this error about the USB device outputting too much power since none of the current CH joysticks output any power.  The only CH joystick that would even have the potential of causing something like this would have been the old CH Force FX that had its own power supply and was non-USB.

If the CH Fighterstick had its own power supply, then I could see something like this happen but it doesn't because the USB port acts as the power supply for the stick.  Have you tried connecting another USB device like a mouse or keyboard to see if you get the same error?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
PM me what you want for it Froger. I took the bottom off mine and looked inside, but i can't see where anything is out of order. :salute
chk yer PM town...

frog
frogs are people too

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »
Ackack my line of thinking is that there is a short with one or more of the components causing a positive charge to be coming back through the line into the computer. this could possibly bring up that kind of message.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
honestly, I am very surprised that you're getting this error about the USB device outputting too much power since none of the current CH joysticks output any power.  The only CH joystick that would even have the potential of causing something like this would have been the old CH Force FX that had its own power supply and was non-USB.

If the CH Fighterstick had its own power supply, then I could see something like this happen but it doesn't because the USB port acts as the power supply for the stick.  Have you tried connecting another USB device like a mouse or keyboard to see if you get the same error?

ack-ack
Yeah I don't understand it either. I switched USB devices thinking the problem may be the plug in the computer gone bad, but that's not the case. I plugged the stick into usb on another computer, no error message or computer lockup, but no lights on stick lit up, as if it has no power going to it. My guess is the circuit board fryed on me.

I'll just get another one and use this for parts i guess.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:03:43 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis