Author Topic: Fairwell  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
Re: Fairwell
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2010, 03:15:09 PM »
I really don't need a life I am retired Navy on 75% disability. I retired in 1992 after 23 years of service you can do the math. I am a Vet of both the Viet Nam and Gulf War's. As for my not having a monster computer in my opinion its a monster to me as follows. (Thermaltake Armor + Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power supply with built in liquid cooling, EVGA X58 classified 4X SLI motherboard, Core I7 975 Extreme CPU, 12 gig's of Corsair core I7 Dominator DDR3 ram, dual GTX 480 hydro Copper video cards, 3X Seagate  Terabyte hard drives, LG super multi scribe and DVD bluray drive and a sony 3.5 floppy, running Windows 7 64bit. I run 7 telescopes on this machine stacking and processing mulit color frames while guiding the telescopes using Meades tracking software. I can run Star Trek OL and World of Warcraft online both on full res without so much as a burp in the system I shoud be able to run AH with no problem. If you have ever played WOW in a 25 man+ instance you know what I am talking about I have never had so much as a skip when running this system of mine. I am also running a docsys 3.0 cable modem with 60 meg speed. 

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2010, 04:46:18 PM »
Vietnam is one word. 

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
That 3.5" floppy drive was the icing on the cake for me...
-AoM-

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
I really don't need a life I am retired Navy on 75% disability. I retired in 1992 after 23 years of service you can do the math. I am a Vet of both the Viet Nam and Gulf War's. As for my not having a monster computer in my opinion its a monster to me as follows. (Thermaltake Armor + Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power supply with built in liquid cooling, EVGA X58 classified 4X SLI motherboard, Core I7 975 Extreme CPU, 12 gig's of Corsair core I7 Dominator DDR3 ram, dual GTX 480 hydro Copper video cards, 3X Seagate  Terabyte hard drives, LG super multi scribe and DVD bluray drive and a sony 3.5 floppy, running Windows 7 64bit. I run 7 telescopes on this machine stacking and processing mulit color frames while guiding the telescopes using Meades tracking software. I can run Star Trek OL and World of Warcraft online both on full res without so much as a burp in the system I shoud be able to run AH with no problem. If you have ever played WOW in a 25 man+ instance you know what I am talking about I have never had so much as a skip when running this system of mine. I am also running a docsys 3.0 cable modem with 60 meg speed. 

WOW  i thought i had a ultra fast homebuilt, Quad Core, Dual XFX GTX285s same amount of memory, DVD same, only have one Seagate Terabyte HD  mine tears the game up, you wont have any problems
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
That 3.5" floppy drive was the icing on the cake for me...

:O

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
Vietnam is one word. 

who cares, he served his country......... no reason to crack a "grammar police" whip on him......

btw, I have always used a floppy drive on my PC builds... some of my software demands it with licensing, is only way to activate and unactivate my software... lose the floppy lose the license ( has 3 on the floppy, removes one each time you activate, if you don't use floppy to unload/deactivate or lose the HD you lose one of the 3 licenses...... )

Thanks for serving ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »
Vietnam is one word. 

I'm sure he knows that, if he fought a freakin war there.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
who cares, he served his country......... no reason to crack a "grammar police" whip on him......

Thanks for serving ~S~

QFT

Gaboon...Thank you sir :cheers:
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
I retired in 1992 after 23 years of service you can do the math.

So, assuming you were 18 when you enlisted (in 1969) that means you were born in 1951.  Gordan M. Graham was born in 1918, which makes him 33 when his grandson (you) were born.  That means that he must of had kids when he was real young.  So somewhere in 1936-1940 when he was in college at the University of California he got married (or not) and had a kid.. might have been with Dorothy Huntingdon Graham who was his first wife.  He got married the second time in 1968 to Vivian Fox Graham, who is still alive, bless her.  Which means that somewhere, sometime, someone got pregnant at a real early age.  Amazing what history brings out isn't it.

Gordan M. Graham was an amazing man, doing a search for his bio and reading about him is worth anyone's time.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »
Vietnam is one word.  

spell out the wars you've fought in
-AoM-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
So, assuming you were 18 when you enlisted (in 1969) that means you were born in 1951.  Gordan M. Graham was born in 1918, which makes him 33 when his grandson (you) were born.  That means that he must of had kids when he was real young.  So somewhere in 1936-1940 when he was in college at the University of California he got married (or not) and had a kid.. might have been with Dorothy Huntingdon Graham who was his first wife.  He got married the second time in 1968 to Vivian Fox Graham, who is still alive, bless her.  Which means that somewhere, sometime, someone got pregnant at a real early age.  Amazing what history brings out isn't it.

Gordan M. Graham was an amazing man, doing a search for his bio and reading about him is worth anyone's time.
interesting to say the least. Gaboons dad would have had to been somewhere around 15yo when Gaboon was born?  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:05:44 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »
Gents,

If you want to get really picky about it then the traditional name is: Nam Viet or Dai Viet depending on the era. Viet Nam is a recent change of Nam Viet as of the 1800's. It went out of use until it was reinstated in 1945 as a single word Vietnam. Depending on the source after 1945 it was still refrenced as Viet Nam.

I'm assuming Gaboon is spelling in the traditional usage because of his personal experience.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2010, 02:55:56 PM »
Vietnam is one word. 

So is... Supercalifragilisticexpialido cious

X :salute    Gaboon, Thank You Sir!

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"