Author Topic: Whose Line Is It  (Read 588 times)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Whose Line Is It
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:08:25 PM »
This was the funniest one out of all the shows they did. All the guys were cracking up. I wish it was still going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxkxG3DF4k&feature=related
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Whose Line Is It
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
hahaha just watched it... brought back good memories of that show... i still remember watching it on tv...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »
Of the American version, the Robin Williams and Richard Simmons episodes were the best. It still doesn't hold a candle to the original British version, tho.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl O man i never laughed so hard in my life, thanks man  :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:55 PM »
Of the American version, the Robin Williams and Richard Simmons episodes were the best. It still doesn't hold a candle to the original British version, tho.
I thought the original was Canadian?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »
Nope. It actually started as a radio program on BBC with Clive Anderson as host, and John Sessions and Stephen Fry among the performers. They then moved it to TV (also on BBC).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:38:57 PM »
Ive always loved whos line is it anyways :)

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »
Nope. It actually started as a radio program on BBC with Clive Anderson as host, and John Sessions and Stephen Fry among the performers. They then moved it to TV (also on BBC).

I didn't know that about it starting as a radio show, good info there, thanks. 

What I loved about the British version of it was that they did so many more different games, and had a couple of handfuls more people on a lot of the time.  That and the audience shouting out suggestions was great.  I really loved "sitting, standing, leaning"  and "superheroes."  It really was a great show, that Ryan Styles is a super quick and talented dude.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 11:55:02 PM »
The presentation of the British version was MUCH better. There were more games, and I liked the greater variety in the cast. There was FAR too much repetition in the US version (Drew Carrey's jokes were almost always the same, and they almost always played the same games in each episode with much less variety). I also liked that the British version wasn't affected by the censors the same way it was in the US. I remember watching the sitcom game once on the American version when the audience shouted "Bill Cosby and Hitler" as the two unlikely roommates, and the producer actually interrupted them during filming and said "No" before the game started (after which the cast mercilessly mocked the producer over it for several episodes). The result overall was the British version was much funnier and less stale.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »
The best one ever was the live show done in Vegas with Joe Walsh.  He played along in one of the games where you tell a story and change people when a key word is given.  He was out there to completely screw everyone up and he did a great job of it!  But the best part was the closer where they laid live mouse traps on the stage, blindfolded the performers and had them act out a scene while barefoot.   Good gravy that was hilarious

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
Every clip I've seen of the British version bores me to death...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:51:19 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 05:09:06 AM »
A Stupid, yet goofy funny show in the 70's was The Gong Show. Totally crazy. And the rumours that Chuck Barriss(sp) was an ex Cia hit man  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
                                                                                                                       <S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID