Author Topic: Scorers beware!  (Read 1852 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Scorers beware!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »
im assuming alot of people will miss most of their rocket shots in addition to the fact that the rockets are only 2.5 inch(so not much of a damage factor). so i dont really see the score value in this new M4 but all the same it looks like it will be fun to experiment with.

4.5"

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 07:55:06 PM »
we just ran 4 m4's with calliopes (inaugural run)  into a town (undefended) and I think I used 15-20 rockets and 10-15 HE before we had it down.. took the amount of time it takes for a tank to run from one side of the town to the other, basically... the HE worked quite well on it's own..

still wanna see how easy they are to kill..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
4.5"

Yeah I got it wrong, my fault. Anyhow, enjoy your base taking heroes. I get off on fighter kills not bases. So basically no real change for me or my homies with this new tank. Airfields are just places to launch from and land. I dont really care what you do.
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
Yeah I got it wrong, my fault. Anyhow, enjoy your base taking heroes. I get off on fighter kills not bases. So basically no real change for me or my homies with this new tank. Airfields are just places to launch from and land. I dont really care what you do.
"homies"

Only person whos allowed to talk gangsta on the bbs is me.......ya dig? :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »
LOL!
I have not found one in the wild yet, but are they easier to kill than a typical gv?
anyone up for some testing?
seems like alot of propellant and explosives that are not armored, sitting on top of a tank :)

They are relatively easy to kill and get kills with! I made 6 kills in the M4A3(76) against flaks and shermans (M4A3) last night within just a few min sitting in town! I attempted to look at the stats for the 2 new M4's but they seem to not be available yet.

Oh yeah and whats the "score" thing people keep talking about!   :rofl
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
Did a run early this morning, undefended base, for a trial run in blue arena. 4 rockets per building, or 1 shell and 2 rockets. Aiming was fairly close i must say. I was on skirts of town hitting far side. I would say I was 1 and half out for good effect for aim. If i pulled up I over shot town, so I would estimate they have a range closer to 3.5k. At least this is my experience. Eitherway, was able to take the town down within 7 mins. This will be a tank in my missions. Problem is I dont like to intermix Allied, and Axis together. Just feels funny IMHO. So I guess people will ahve to use a m16 or bring there own wirble. :D
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
The max range is about 5k for the M4A3(75) rockets.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »

either do I!

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
"homies"

Good one but im gonna use homie as much as i want. I actually tested out this sherman rocket thing for score horing and my bombing percentage was 2% after that sortie. Didnt do anything different than i normally do but usually I get no less than 7% on a single run with the 251. So now I really really dont care much about it.
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
Good one but im gonna use homie as much as i want. I actually tested out this sherman rocket thing for score horing and my bombing percentage was 2% after that sortie. Didnt do anything different than i normally do but usually I get no less than 7% on a single run with the 251. So now I really really dont care much about it.

It's not a bomber, hence, it doesn't contribute to bombing %.

Try Damage Hit Percentage under Vehicles and Boats Scores.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
I have to admit... I was protecting a base last night and all of the sudden things started popping around me. I finally figured out it was rockets. I though there were a bunch of SDks out there.

I don't GV much and did not know about the new sherman.  :rofl

I hit a tank out there 5 times with my panzer and nothing. He hit me once and I was looking at notes in the tower.  hehe
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »
"homies"

With that avatar how "gangsta" can you be? As Shreck would probably say "gheyngsta"  :devil

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 11:43:45 PM »
Killed a Mossie with rockets from the M4, made my night. :D :rofl  I even giggled.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 04:50:47 AM »
With that avatar how "gangsta" can you be? As Shreck would probably say "gheyngsta"  :devil
Your typing to me all wrong, next time you do it Im gunna stab you in the face with a soddering iron  :D :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 05:18:48 AM »
Your typing to me all wrong, next time you do it Im gunna stab you in the face with a soddering iron  :D :D

You mean curling iron?  :D