Author Topic: Why Use Re-arming Pad?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Why Use Re-arming Pad?
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
  What is the advantage of using the re-arming pad, instead of just jumping out of the plane, then back in again?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why Use Re-arming Pad?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:46 PM »
No practical advantage. If one played for rank it might increase kills/sortie statistic. Only reason I rearm is for the fun of it. Sometimes hop from base to base finding little fights rearming till I die. Another time when it is usefull is when your fighter hangers are down and no planes are available, the re-arm pads still work.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
It's also fun to go for kill streaks.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:52 AM »
And don't forget it works for vehicles too.  It won't repair damage but it will refill the magazines in that depleated Wirblewind.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
I think it's just fun. You work for a kill streak, but hotpadding means you carry any previous damage, so the longer the streak the more of a gamble it is to hotpad (you may only need a couple .303 rounds to finish you off, for example, you die easier).

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »
They are there so you can "re-arm" ordnance you took off with, even if ordnance is not available at the field during the time you re-arm. Perhaps the ammo bunkers were destroyed while you were in the air defending against ground vehicles, or you flew in with ordnance from another airfield or carrier. Also, hangers may be down and you want to continue the fight instead of giving up...

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
I use the rearm pad simply cuase it helps me become a better pilot. Instead of jumping out It makes me learn to manuever my plane a little better.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
Some special events are single-life events, so using the hotpad is necessary.  Other than that, it's like everyone else has said.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »
 :lol  I can't get past 19............   :cry

It's also fun to go for kill streaks.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
They are there so you can "re-arm" ordnance you took off with, even if ordnance is not available at the field during the time you re-arm

That's one common use for them, that's not why they are in the game. They are in the game to reload you, plain and simple. Don't read too much into how they're used.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
Don't read too much into this, Krusty, but you really are creepy, plain and simple.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
Rolex, you claim the only reason they are in the game is to "game the game" to exploit a loophole, when in fact it is the players that discover and use this loophole exploit. You've put the cart before the horse.

You were wrong on that. I wanted to correct you so that others did not fall into the same trap.

That little "trainer" label gives you a position of authority over the newbies, and that's all well and good, but in this case they might have believed you. I'd just as readily have corrected a 2-week newbie if he said it.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
If I recall correctly, you can also use them to increase hit% for bombs?  Can anyone confirm that?

It seems to me that in attack mode the bomb damage is basically totaled for the entire sortie, and then divided by the number of bombs your plane initially carried?  If that's the case, then if you re-armed four times with a plane initially loaded with one bomb, and every time you dropped that bomb (4 times) you hit your target, you'd be credited with 4x the damage.  Instead of that resulting in a 100% hit%, it's be 400% hit%, right?

It's been a LONG time since I paid attention to how things really score, so I could be wrong.  Somebody please jump in with the facts...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
If I recall correctly, you can also use them to increase hit% for bombs?  Can anyone confirm that?

I can't. ;)

Rearming gives you a better damage/sortie, but as far as I know, the hit% is strictly counted per bomb.
But that should be easy to prove or disprove ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »
It affords me the opportunity to break my wingtip against the side of an inexplicably-placed brick building
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/