Author Topic: Why Use Re-arming Pad?  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Why Use Re-arming Pad?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 07:50:23 PM »
Where did I say the word "only?"

I wrote a way that re-arm pads can be used. The title of the tread is "Why Use Re-Arming Pad?"

I have no authority over anyone in the game and have never said or acted like I have.

You are being pedantic.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Rolex, sorry if you felt I was insulting you. I was not trying.

You do have a bit of authority. Not literally, but you are an AH trainer, part of a respected group that helps out and is very knowledgable, hence you have a certain level of authority/credibility.

Your original post that I responded to presented itself as if that was the only reason they were included in the game. You did not say "only" but your phrases and wording suggested it.

No hard feelings, I hope.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56:52 PM »
Your original post that I responded to presented itself as if that was the only reason they were included in the game. You did not say "only" but your phrases and wording suggested it.

I didn't think it read like that at all.  :headscratch:

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »
Apology accepted.

Krusty, just so that you know, I make a point of not telling anyone who comes for training how to play the game. I spell that out clearly. I offer what I know about how the game works, and they can use, or not use, the tools and options within the game as they wish. I encourage everyone, including you, to have fun and experiment.

Cheers

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
It's also fun to go for kill streaks.

Ok, but do I get credit for any kills, or do I have to exit the plane first?   :confused:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »
Ok, but do I get credit for any kills, or do I have to exit the plane first?   :confused:

you only get credit when you end sortie (which ever way that may be)...........That is why I rearm 3-4 times per sortie...cause I look good with my name in lights :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:07 AM »
you only get credit when you end sortie (which ever way that may be)...........That is why I rearm 3-4 times per sortie...cause I look good with my name in lights :D

When you land 3-4 killz :)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:39:18 AM »
It affords me the opportunity to break my wingtip against the side of an inexplicably-placed brick building

I did that a while back in a 262.  The eny had gone up while I was flying it, so I decided just to rearm instead of taking something else.  Got all loaded back up with gas and taters, went to turn around, and knocked a wing off on that building and had to end flight right there.  It was too funny to even be mad about. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
The rearm pads do seem a little close to the bldgs ,but I like that ! I can now rearm and not hit the bldg . So with that said, I believe im getting better !Plus I actualy last 5 minutes against the likes of Krusty and the other great ones instead of 30 seconds !  :x
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
Ok, but do I get credit for any kills, or do I have to exit the plane first?   :confused:

Just to elaborate on some of the explanations offered here to this question.  The game will record all kills/victories for scoring purposes regardless of how the sortie eventually ends, if you get 4 victories then rearm get 2 more then are in turn shot down you will get 6 victories and one death/bail/ditch/capture in your statistics.  But you will not get the SYSTEM message declaring how many victories you landed.  

The only way to get the SYSTEM message in game, declaring that have landed victories is to end the sortie by landing successfully on the pavement at an airfield, vehicle base, port, or flight deck of a CV with 2 or more victories during the sortie.  

Rearming allows you to extend the sortie but that is all.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
You will often see people writing "He shot me down, I lost X kills". Now you know, it's not true. You don't lose any kills at all. You just lost place in the spotlight, that's all ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SPHOBBS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
I cant loose any kills I don't have any LOL   whete is the re arm pad ??

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 01:10:51 PM »
I cant loose any kills I don't have any LOL   whete is the re arm pad ??

The re-arm pads are located on airfields at the end of the runways.   If you taxi up to one and stop completely you will see the orange "re-arming in 30 secs"  appear in your text log. 

It doesn't repair damage but will reload any ammo / fuel / ordnance.

On A carrier the re-arm is where the catch wires are.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 01:14:25 PM »
It affords me the opportunity to break my wingtip against the side of an inexplicably-placed brick building

That brick building must be what used to be in the deep hole I keep sliding into on far side of refueling station!! (breaking my gear) :(

....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline SPHOBBS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
Thank you - now if I can find one to use LOL New here