Author Topic: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 25831 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
Ready to get started?

This is the smallest turnout of the four tournaments so far but what I'm really dissapointed by is that we were'nt even able to fill the small 64 player bracket.  We have 58 players participating so that leaves six players with week one byes.  For this reason I will accept up to six more players as long as you sign up by midnight tonight.  Sign up in THIS thread.  I will accept the first six to sign up who will be randomly assigned to one of the unmatched players along with a randomly selected first duel aircraft.  I'll post these match-up updates in this thread.

Don't forget there have been rules changes and that the quarterfinal rounds forward have been expanded to best of five with modified plane selection rules.  Please review the rules before beginning (posted below).  Also remember that deadlines have been moved to Noon CDT Sundays rather than the normal midnight Sunday deadlines of the past.  I have modified the rules to reflect this.

So here's the roster (listed by in-game name).  You can reach your opponent to arrange your duel by BBs PM using his BBs name.  Let me know if I've made any mistakes:

Competitors (In-game - BBs)

4Fox   -   Fox      
68Raptor   -   68Raptor      
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
animal14   -   Animal14      
Ardy123    -   Ardy123       
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl   - Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic - Review Committee
Baumer   -   Baumer      
Blue   -   Blue      
Boozeman -   Boozeman      
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
Canacka   -   canacka      
Changeup -   Changeup      
ChoZen   -   TheFew      
DadRabit   -   DadRabit      
Doomsday -   dhart      
DrBone   -   DrBone1      
DrSpek   -   ACE      
flatiron   -   flatiron1      
Flench   -   Flench      
Flushed   -   wgmount      
Grizz   -   grizz441      
haxxor   -   dkff49       
JB11   -   JB11      
JimmyC   -   JimmyC      
JunkyII   -   JunkyII      
Krupnski   -   Krupinski      
Lazer   -   Lazerr      
lepape2   -   Lepape2      
LosSuns   -   sunfan1121      
madda   -   maddafinga      
Manurin   -   manurin      
Mike254   -   mike254      
Mjsmoke   -   mjsmoke       
MORTIS   -   ink       
Moto24   -   Moto24      
PapaJohn   -   PapJohns      
rattler2   -   Rattler      
REVRAND -   REVRAND       
Sandwich   -   sandwich      
SEraider   -   SEraider      
SF   -   --)SF----      
shiv   -   shiv      
stixx   -   Stixx      
Sukov   -   kilo2      
Syko   -   syko      
TC   -   TequilaChaser - Review Committee
TnDep   -   TnDep      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
TonyJoey   -   TonyJoey      
Uptown   -   uptown      
v1st   -   v1st      
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
Vudak   -   Vudak      
waystin2   -   waystin2      
WgTr1gg   -   Tr1gg22       
Wrek   -   Wrek      

Non-competitors (In-game - BBs)

Snaphook -   humble   - Review Committee Alternate
WMLute   -   WMLute   - Review Committee
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:11:54 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »
Rules:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
-   If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by noon CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three until the quarterfinal round.  From the quarterfinal round forward all duels will be best of five.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling and floor (within reason) at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.
- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least noon on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any granted extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then they must be saved until such dispute is settled.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested and films will be required to verify the win.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 noon CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Sunday afternoon/evening.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 noon CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances. 
- Each player has the opportunity to review films of their duels for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can petition the review committee via PM.  Both regular and alternate committee members, the tournament administrator and the opposing player must be copied on the petition (the review committee members, alternates and administrator are listed in the roster).  This petition must be filed by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a posting of their own films with the petition along with a description of what they believe the rules violation to be.  An initial determination will be made within 36 hours of the petition.  If the review committee finds sufficient evidence to further their investigation a committee spokesperson will contact the opposing player for their films of the duels.  These films must be submitted within 36 hours of the committee's request or the duel(s) in question will be forfeit by that player.  The review committee will then make a final determination no later than 36 hours after receiving those films.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made the review committee will determine an appropriate course of action which could include a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  These stated actions are not intended to limit the actions that the review committee might recommend.  The review committee's determination will be final.  In any case a final determination will be posted by no later than midnight Thursday in a worst-case scenario.  If a final determination is not posted by noon Wednesday the winner of the dispute and their next opponent will automatically be given a 48 hour extension of their next duels, which must then be completed no later than noon Tuesday of the following week.  If a determination is made by noon Wednesday the normal noon Sunday deadline will be in effect.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.
- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.
- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, May 30 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for... the bracket:

Good luck and have fun!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
ROSTER UPDATE

ChoZen - TheFew     

is now

B6PacBoy - GhostCDB

(In-game - BBs)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »
haxxor send me a pm anytime bud  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »
Heck, I'll try, if it's not too late. 

bbs name - katanaso

game name - mir

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »
Heck, I'll try, if it's not too late. 

bbs name - katanaso

game name - mir

You're on and matched as follows:

Syko
La-7
mir

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Well, there goes the neighborhood....   :rofl
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »
Just noticed that some people get a "bye" and others get a "buy"....   How much did the peeps have to pay you for that "buy" BE???    :noid
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »
I see I got the easy side. :t

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
PM me anytime canacka <S>

DrSpek
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »
PM me when you're ready Vinkman <<S>>
Charlie don't surf!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
We have another late entry:

AApache   - AApache

Who is assigned as follows:

SEraider
Bf 109G-2
AApache

Just noticed that some people get a "bye" and others get a "buy"....   How much did the peeps have to pay you for that "buy" BE???    :noid

I'm not telling.   ;)

I noticed that after I posted it.  It's fixed for the next round.

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »
<S> dhart :) BRO, i would b 4ever in yer debt if we could somehow do this TONIGHT!  (SUNDAY)  It would help treMENDously with the anti-wife-ack factor on this end :rolleyes:  :bolt:       :old: :banana: :old:   elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
If there is another spot ill do it- Ingame BlitzVI, BBS- Tupac
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:55 PM »
If there is another spot ill do it- Ingame BlitzVI, BBS- Tupac

You are in and assigned as follows:

lepape2
F6F-5
BlitzVI

There's room for 3 more as long as you sign up by Midnight.