Author Topic: Memorial Flight Attackers  (Read 5308 times)

Offline DaddieDrax

• Zinc Member
Re: Memorial Flight Attackers
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »
Why do you keep responding to everything with the "why so serious?" line?  Lots of us here have flown with each other since the early to mid 1990's and some even longer and we pretty much know them well and have gone through their hard times (divorces,deaths,job losses,births of children, computer breakdowns, and other calamities).  We do take memorial flights seriously and just because you are either a blithering idiot or just an uninformed newbie, it's no excuse to continue responding to post with the same old line.  I would recommend that you purchase a "clue-Rake", then you might understand just why we are serious.

All the Best...

Jay

PS.. I believe that "NoBaddy" once opened a "Clue-Rake" online store and it may still be in operation.

I keep asking because of posts such as this!!! Haha, if they are serious then put them in the SEA as suggested haha

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »
I don't need your respect, from what I understand it wasn't the memorial flight I attacked but it was rooks saying it was, point your fat fingers at them when you point at the people who attacked your mission
I wasn't there, but if you see a huge group of planes from 3 different countries flying together without any shots being fired, why fire?

Cmon dude.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
I totally agree with you on this but not for last night. :D Junky probably attacked the EPIC! :rolleyes: Tuesday Night Rook HQ horde raid.
Interesting taking place around the initial starting time of the Bish DHBG VEGA Memorial flight. If you followed 200 you could probably figured which and where. Tried to get to the Mem flight just kept getting discoed or jumped lol. :rolleyes: As for trooper2 vulching lined aircraft hmmm. I got 1 rook  I can now use for bait! ;) Still think SEA would've been a better place.IMO

Well Junky has been a drama queen of the BBS for ages and he knew full well of the memorial flight.  Had it been anyone else that wasn't a constant BBS drama queen, I would have agreed with you but not in this case. :(

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »
I wasn't there, but if you see a huge group of planes from 3 different countries flying together without any shots being fired, why fire?

Cmon dude.

I believe he was saying that it wasn't the memorial flight but a flight of those pretending to be it so as to attack headquarters.  And that they should be as ashamed as those who attacked the flight for using it as an excuse to go untouched.

71 Squadron RAF

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
My thoughts are with the grieving families and friends. I would be honored to host any memorial flight anyone would like to hold at any time in the SEA so that it does not get interrupted for any other reason then why it is being held. Keep me in mind and send me a message. I can access the SEA on an off event night with advance notice and work on the details with those who want specifics (missing man formation, gun salute etc.) I just ask that for now the discussion on those who were there with other intentions stop. They have had enough "press" and IMHO will feed off any more attention. I am sure it is not what I would want to read if it were my family member or friend and I will try to watch for memorial flights and offer the SEA as long as I have enough notice so let's keep the memory going of our fallen friend and the memorial in his honor.

:salute VEGA RIP

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »
I disagree on taking it to the TA.  A memorial flight for someone should be a decent reminder to anyone in the MA, that there are far more serious things in life then anything to do with cartoon airplanes.  Those that took the time to plan and participate in such a memorial flight seem to understand this.

Will there be folks who don't understand it and whose cartoon egos believe blowing up pixels is more important?  Sure.  

Thankfully it sounds like the majority of folks respected the memorial flight for what it was.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »
I believe he was saying that it wasn't the memorial flight but a flight of those pretending to be it so as to attack headquarters.  And that they should be as ashamed as those who attacked the flight for using it as an excuse to go untouched.

I can see what he means. Now that is even worse.

I am still quite bothered by trooper2.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
I think the MA was a fine place for it, but as those who didn't read my earlier post, there will be those that go after it anyway.  Seeing the numbers involved it seems that it went very well and honorable having 3 countries flying together.  It could have been more but only having a couple attack, I can't say that the flight wasn't a success.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »
It simply wouldn't mean the same thing in SEA or TA or DA....................  Get it?

MA is the game, the game is where Vega flew, the game is where the flight took place.  It all falls into line that way. 

ANd let me tell you about SERIOUS for a second.....  Vega & the Dickweeds rarely used auto-pilot.  Now that is serious!!!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Vega would have been honored to have his cartoon airplane memorial flight attacked by  cartoon renegades lol.  Now wouldn't he :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2010, 03:19:55 PM »

I'm not buying it.  I think you just wanted to take a cheap shot at people who flew in the memorial.  at least man up to that....

and oh by the way.. who the **** are you to tell hundreds of people here how they should properly mourn someone's passing?

DUUUUUDE!
RELAX, take a midol! I'm not "cheap-shotting" anyone. I see it like this, someone passes across town and all the folks across town want to the pressesion to got thru everyones neighborhood and yard to show respect yet no-one but "across towners" know who the crap it is! Now the "across towners" get all upset cause everyone isn't so keen on this parade going thru their neighborhood and yards!

As I said if you have a great respect for this spirit then go to the funeral and HONOR your relationship and memories properly, or at the minimum get all the folks who have been affected and do something privately.

No where did I say I was taking "cheap-shots" I am just speaking truth!

Do you honor everyone who dies in your R/L community?  I think not! The AH community is just another diverse community of peeps all with their priorities and responsibilities that may not be in alignment with yours!  sorry but that is how I see it!

It is truely sad for his family though!!  Maybe a better way to honor him is to do something for his family, but that may take actual effort :aok

:salute

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »
Vega would have been honored to have his cartoon airplane memorial flight attacked by  cartoon renegades lol.  Now wouldn't he :)

Well maybe not have felt honored but I bet he would have had a chuckle, and after all that is what really matters isn't it?   :cheers:

He who can laugh at death is the true winner!   ;)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:37 PM »
     I don't really see the point of this post other than to continue bad feelings.
Vega is gone, and a bunch of you honored his passing, the rest is unnecessary.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
I am in no way trying to argue with you shreck!!!  But I probably know more dead people than most people do and so I always try to at least spend a few hours thinking about good ole days.  That does not include some neighbor I barely know however.  So either you worded the question carefully, or you may not be thinking about it right.  

Do you honor everyone who dies in your R/L community?  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:43:02 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
JunkyII is a TARD and should be GAYng raped for the next year  :aok   :bolt:
lol I'm gunna start a thread about this...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"