Author Topic: We can all agree on this.  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: We can all agree on this.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »
Just because the sight of all this agreeing is slightly sickening, -1.

:D
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
Just because the sight of all this agreeing is slightly sickening, -1.

:D

Party pooper.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:56 PM »
:)

Actually it is a nice idea, I find myself switching through planes a lot more frequently these days and would love to skip to a section by hitting the first letter in the model.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
You do realize there is a ".plane ###" command?  :huh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
Key commands to cycle through planes while in the hanger
+1
as your mouse moved over the skins' names while the selection box is open, the skin would automatically change
+1
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »
You do realize it is almost impossible because keys are already mapped to do other things. It would have been there long ago if it were not for this issue.

HiTech

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »
almost Hitech? or Is it a definite no.

I like the idea +1

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »
You do realize it is almost impossible because keys are already mapped to do other things. It would have been there long ago if it were not for this issue.

HiTech

I didn't realize that this was almost impossible or I wouldn't have wished for it. :(

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 06:30:03 PM »
You do realize there is a ".plane ###" command?  :huh

Who has them all memorized?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
Well I know where there is a list of them... dont you?  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:18 PM »
Could there be a default "hanger control mode" where usual key mappings are disabled to free up the letters for this type of search feature? Another option might be a search bar that can be brought up like the text box while in the hanger.

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 05:04:08 AM »
You'd be surprized how fast one can memorize their favorites, for instance  type .plane 1 and poof, K4 ready to roll.
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 05:06:54 AM »
You'd be surprized how fast one can memorize their favorites, for instance  type .plane 1 and poof, K4 ready to roll.

It it were only about a few favourites, the fav list would be sufficient. But some of us fly 'em all (even my typical tour sees me in 40-50 different rides), and thats why the OP asked for a way to maneuver quickly through the lists
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »
Sorry to slightly hijack, but I wish as your mouse moved over the skins' names while the selection box is open, the skin would automatically change, instead of having to click on each one to view them.  When there's 15 skins to go through, it eats up some flying time. 

Back on track now...

How about a small preview window that opens next to the skins drop menu and as you hover your mouse over each skin a tiny profile preview of the skin shows in the window? Hitech could solve the key map issue with the plane menu in the hanger by having hot buttons A-Z or 6 buttons you can set to any letter pop up next to the aircraft selction menu. When you click the letter then the menu rapid scrolls to the first selection with that letter high lighting it.

A second hanger option under hanger in the clipboard menu could be a "Quick List by Job" favorites menu where you add planes and rides that you have preconfigured with loadouts. Say a JABBO list where your most common used fighters have been added in with how you like to setup the skin, fuel and ordinance with the scoreing Mode permently set to fighterbomber. Or a Furball list where you setup your fighters with fuel and ammo loads with Mode set to fighter. Or bombers and GV's setup etc...etc...
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:32 AM »

HiTech

Why not have the game enter into a different 'mode' when you're in the hanger so that these hotkeys can be used for plane selection?  We can have different modes for vehicles and CM eye, etc.  Can this be applied to the hanger as well?  You have to press a button to enter the hanger as far as I can remember, so why not have that button set a true value for whether you're in the hanger or not and then any of the commands to exit or start flying set the bool to false.

Just a shot in the dark, I'm clueless as to the plausibility of implementing this into the real code.

But this sounds like something you guys have probably already thought of so there's most likely a reason why it can't be done, haha.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:59:41 AM by mensa180 »
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer