Author Topic: Its time for another toolshedding thread....  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Its time for another toolshedding thread....
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »
Silly
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »
actually that is not true. Mishuns use to always understand the priority order of vh/ack town FH if necessary. Was pretty much standard data. Its how i learned how to play flying bop, giap, ak, and fb raids back then. this whole kill FH and hope the enemy gets bored and leaves is a new development of these new mishun runnin squads. IE Jokers and CJ's.

+1....I believe Junky was saying that very thing.  Preserve the fight in the air....leaving the FH up doesn't inhibit GVing or playing the game or taking a base although it does have great potential to get a base taking mission out of synch because 1 untimely fighter in the wrong place can screw everything up.  I agree with everyone in here that it is a style of play issue and certainly that may make this thread seem whiney but any attempt to create an environment that facilitates some great fights should be the goal, be that GV fights, air fights or ship-to-shore fights.

Try to see the point instead of screaming about whiners.  You may not agree with the point but certainly you can make yours without any argumentum ad hominem.  That is the tool of the tiny man argument and of very poor lawyers.

V/r :salute

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »
1. Fighter guys goto a base and start a fight, or a bomber guy heads to a base to bomb drawing up opposition.
2. Bomber guy hits town, see alot of friendly fighters and grabs a goon.
3. Goon arrives just as fighters start rtb and goon dies.
4. Other fighter guys see a big fight and head to the base where the action is.
5.Goon guy grabs another buff.
6.Fighter guys are vulching base.
7.Buff arrives seeing town still down but expects fighters to rtb soon.
8.Buff drops hangars to allow easier goon run.
9.Fighter guys call him fun police forgetting what happened to him earlier.

Lots of people playing, lots of different ways. Someone is bound to be left wanting from time to time.

Yes, yes and yes....this is 100% reality. :aok

V/r

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:42 PM »
hey hey now theres good perks to be made bombin hangars, i got all of 1 perk for 6 hangars and a kill.

to add to what filth said, also when the buff guy brings the goon bak and the FH are left up all it take is 1 sneaky LA-7 to sneak past the vulch horde an fly straight to the buff guy who is now in a goon.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »
Its actually quite easy to miss a set of bombers coming into the base, and actually quite easy for bombers to use the darbar from the fighters and hide at thee edge of a sector.

Also, since I started playing...there seems to be alot less tactical typing on the Range channel.I already suggested possibly making it so you have to kill something else before you hit the FHs, like VH radar and ords.

Tell me this....Whats the difference between hitting Town buildings and hitting a hangar?
Come on ack ack lets not be a hypocrit........you've started more crap on 200 and the bbs then I ever will....

Started? NO. Involved in maybe. But at the rate you're going....

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »
1. Fighter guys goto a base and start a fight, or a bomber guy heads to a base to bomb drawing up opposition.
2. Bomber guy hits town, see alot of friendly fighters and grabs a goon.
3. Goon arrives just as fighters start rtb and goon dies.
4. Other fighter guys see a big fight and head to the base where the action is.
5.Goon guy grabs another buff.
6.Fighter guys are vulching base.
7.Buff arrives seeing town still down but expects fighters to rtb soon.
8.Buff drops hangars to allow easier goon run.
9.Fighter guys call him fun police forgetting what happened to him earlier.

Lots of people playing, lots of different ways. Someone is bound to be left wanting from time to time.

TRUTH

At one point, I think I figured out I had something like 600 deaths in a C47.  May still go back and figure that out, one day..   

Cannot tell you how many times I was within sight of the town when the vulchers left with 'bingo ammo..'

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
Started? NO. Involved in maybe. But at the rate you're going....
Get off his ankle.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 05:06:22 PM »
Well, I will say I think the game would be more interesting if you bomber fellas took out the FHs at the field behind the one that you're trying to capture.  I also think you'd end up capturing more fields per hour.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
Well, I will say I think the game would be more interesting if you bomber fellas took out the FHs at the field behind the one that you're trying to capture.  I also think you'd end up capturing more fields per hour.
I agree

Toolshedders can toolshed because people won't pork their ords. It's not really hard to figure out  :rolleyes:
I pork quite a bit in an F8...

+1....I believe Junky was saying that very thing.  Preserve the fight in the air....leaving the FH up doesn't inhibit GVing or playing the game or taking a base although it does have great potential to get a base taking mission out of synch because 1 untimely fighter in the wrong place can screw everything up.  I agree with everyone in here that it is a style of play issue and certainly that may make this thread seem whiney but any attempt to create an environment that facilitates some great fights should be the goal, be that GV fights, air fights or ship-to-shore fights.

Try to see the point instead of screaming about whiners.  You may not agree with the point but certainly you can make yours without any argumentum ad hominem.  That is the tool of the tiny man argument and of very poor lawyers.

V/r :salute

Changeup
Ty Changeup, maybe Ack ack will get off my ankle about it now......but I doubt it
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »
I agree
I pork quite a bit in an F8...
Ty Changeup, maybe Ack ack will get off my ankle about it now......but I doubt it

You're not trying to encourage anything other than crying how you want others to play like you feel they should play.  Like I mentioned, you're not better than the tools that go around and intentionally destroy the hangers to kill the fight because the others aren't playing how they want them to play.  Basically, you're a tool just like they are.  Sorry if you don't like the harsh reality of it but if it walks like a duck....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »
You're not trying to encourage anything other than crying how you want others to play like you feel they should play. Like I mentioned, you're not better than the tools that go around and intentionally destroy the hangers to kill the fight because the others aren't playing how they want them to play.  Basically, you're a tool just like they are.  Sorry if you don't like the harsh reality of it but if it walks like a duck....

ack-ack
You've said the same thing 3 times now....are you filibustering my thread?
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
You've said the same thing 3 times now....are you filibustering my thread?

TROLL COMMENT (yes I know, I'm a troll)
A true filibuster, AkAK would start talking about completely irrelevant stuff like his accomplishments, etc... and blab on and on and on...

I can just see it...

Hello, my name is AkAK. I was born in a P38, no really I was. My mother-err my father gave birth to me out of his pee-hole, don't ask how, it happened. When I'm not flying my P38, I am polishing it, and when I'm not polishing it, I'm mentally lining up deflection shots at the airport.  By the age of 3, my aim with 20mm and 4 50 call's was so good, I was shooting my cousin's bottles out of their mothers hands with my p38. Now, in my ripe old age, I just stick to AH, its a fair substitute ever since I angered trying to shoot down Voss CIA F16, an incident that caused me to loose my left leg, right arm and left eye, don't ask why, it just happened that way. Now did I ever tell you my name....

Hello, my name is AkAK. I was born in a P38, no really I was. My mother-err my father gave birth to me out of his pee-hole, don't ask how, it happened. When I'm not flying my P38, I am polishing it, and when I'm not polishing it, I'm mentally lining up deflection shots at the airport.  By the age of 3, my aim with 20mm and 4 50 call's was so good, I was shooting my cousin's bottles out of their mothers hands with my p38. Now, in my ripe old age, I just stick to AH, its a fair substitute ever since I angered trying to shoot down Voss CIA F16, an incident that caused me to loose my left leg, right arm and left eye, don't ask why, it just happened that way. Now did I ever tell you my name....

etc...

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
You're not trying to encourage anything other than crying how you want others to play like you feel they should play.  Like I mentioned, you're not better than the tools that go around and intentionally destroy the hangers to kill the fight because the others aren't playing how they want them to play.  Basically, you're a tool just like they are.  Sorry if you don't like the harsh reality of it but if it walks like a duck....

ack-ack

Ack-Ack,

Honestly? Make an argument bro....why all the hate and personal attacks (argumentum ad hominem...I knew I would have to interpret the latin for someone).  Make an argument.  I believe this thread is about improving the fight, albeit specifically in the air, but a fight none-the-less.  You've been shooting off about someone crying or whining and your lone argument is that "this is how it is because its a game and people have a right to play the game their way"...and in that, you are correct....now, why keep doing it that way?  Is it better? Are there more fights? Is there more fun to be had?.  This thread is about convincing them that the fight TO BE HAD DOING IT A NEW WAY is more fun THAN THE FIGHT TO BE HAD DOING IT THE CURRENT WAY.

I know, I know, change is difficult...but you sound much smarter when you make points. :salute

V/r

Changeup

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:00:39 PM by Changeup »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
Ack-Ack,

I believe this thread is about improving the fight,
Changeup

Improving it for the thread starter maybe & that is about all.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »
Ack-Ack,

Honestly? Make an argument bro....why all the hate and personal attacks (argumentum ad hominem...I knew I would have to interpret the latin for someone).  Make an argument.  I believe this thread is about improving the fight, albeit specifically in the air, but a fight none-the-less.  You've been shooting off about someone crying or whining and your lone argument is that "this is how it is because its a game and people have a right to play the game their way"...and in that, you are correct....now, why keep doing it that way?  Is it better? Are there more fights? Is there more fun to be had?.  This thread is about convincing them that the fight TO BE HAD DOING IT A NEW WAY is more fun THAN THE FIGHT TO BE HAD DOING IT THE CURRENT WAY.

I know, I know, change is difficult...but you sound much smarter when you make points. :salute

V/r

Changeup

No, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with improving anything, it just boils down to one person trying to force others to play how he thinks they should play and disguising it as "improving the gameplay".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song