Author Topic: Aliens took my wife.....  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Aliens took my wife.....
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »
Mine taunts me by walking by naked but that doesn't happen much anymore with youngins.

Now she just drops by and asks me questions...just enough to distract me at a critical time which always end up badly for me. I swear she's narcissistic when I fly.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
I was so proud yesterday, was at a gift shop flipping through posters and came across a B-17.  I asked her if she recognized what plane that was "Sure, that's a B-17, except it doesn't have an the 'A' like your squad uses."   :O

That was huge for me.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »
ROTFL!!!! Omg, thats good. Who would have thought that women pick up so much with their apperant indiference or active dislike.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »
Mine taunts me by walking by naked but that doesn't happen much anymore with youngins.

Now she just drops by and asks me questions...just enough to distract me at a critical time which always end up badly for me. I swear she's narcissistic when I fly.

I'll buy you a webcam  ;)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 06:05:45 AM »
When we do married VS not married?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 06:39:22 AM »
While talking with the squaddies the other night one of the guys had to go when the wife started "acking" him. I sympathized ......My wife thinks I love my corsair more than I love her........She's right......
 :joystick:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
I was pretty sure I'd made the right choice in wives when I went to buy my HOTAS and was thinking of getting pedals, and Mrs. Wiley bought me the pedals.

Mine doesn't mind me sitting in the corner talking to the voices in my head, as she puts it.  She often laughs at how some of the one-sided conversations sound.  Things like 'In on his six' just don't sound right out of context. <g>

Mrs. Wiley unfortunately does have the capability to know, and ask questions that could be answered at any time just as I'm pulling lead on the guy I've been trying to keep from killing me for the last 3 minutes.

Ah well, gotta take the good with the bad I guess. :)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
I was pretty sure I'd made the right choice in wives when I went to buy my HOTAS and was thinking of getting pedals, and Mrs. Wiley bought me the pedals.

Mine doesn't mind me sitting in the corner talking to the voices in my head, as she puts it.  She often laughs at how some of the one-sided conversations sound.  Things like 'In on his six' just don't sound right out of context. <g>

Mrs. Wiley unfortunately does have the capability to know, and ask questions that could be answered at any time just as I'm pulling lead on the guy I've been trying to keep from killing me for the last 3 minutes.

Ah well, gotta take the good with the bad I guess. :)

Wiley.

Mrs Changeup has several AH attitudes as we are not quite as emotionally developed as some of you (19 years of marriage..hmmm):

1)  None of you are real...she believes each and everyone of you to be fictional and part of the simulation ("Changeup, you talking to your pretend friends again?)
2)  In the MIDDLE of my fight with Bosco last night for the Dueling Tourney (CHANGEUP!!!!...why did you put the peanut butter in the refrigerator!!!!!??????  LOOK! Its cold!!...then Bosco killed me)
3)  My son screamed, " LOOK AT THE BLOOD ON DADDY's WINDSHIELD!!! DADDY IS GONNA DIE AGAIN...dad, you're not very good at this are you?" (Way to teach your son about blood and death Changeup!)
4)  My son screamed, "DAD IS KILLIN THAT GUY!!! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HE BLEW THAT GUYS PLANE UP AND THAT GUY IS DEAD!!! (see above)

We are making progress in the Changeup household....baby steps....just baby steps

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
My wife asked who 'rgr' was :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
It was a hot summer night. Me and the sexy bar maid were engaged in a heavy make-out session in the front seat of my Chevy Nova when she looked at me and said, "Do you wanna go back to my place?" To which I replied, "Sorry, babe. Gonna need a rain check. Got Doolittle's Raid tonight."

Maybe I'm the alien?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »
It was a hot summer night. Me and the sexy bar maid were engaged in a heavy make-out session in the front seat of my Chevy Nova when she looked at me and said, "Do you wanna go back to my place?" To which I replied, "Sorry, babe. Gonna need a rain check. Got Doolittle's Raid tonight."

Maybe I'm the alien?

Naaa, you're just a damn good wingman!!! lol...remember the motto..."trust me with your life but not your money or your wife!!!"

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
"trust me with your life but not your money or your wife!!!"

:cheers:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »

Offline Rockdog

• Copper Member
      • http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
I've been "flying" this game for 16 years and I've only been with my wife for 12.

She knows she comes second...... lol
http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
a.k.a. Raji (Warbirds 1994-99)
a.k.a. Rockdog (1999-2002)
a.k.a. Hayduke (2002-04)
a.k.a. Rockdog (2004-Current)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
My wife actually met a few of my squaddies down at the con :aok  This is my cheapest hobby so she doesn't mind it much, and she even askes me Saturday mornings "how did FSO go?" 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat