Author Topic: I SAY....PERK THE BIG BOMBERS!  (Read 4814 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: I SAY....PERK THE BIG BOMBERS!
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »
I'll bet :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »
I've been reading this thread and appreciate it's intent.. As a buff enthusiast for about two years now I would say this..  

First, "dive bombing" with level bombers, is in my IMHO a cheesy tactic and it would be nice if that went away.. I won't say I've never done it that was a long time ago.. To me, It's the ultimate in lame..

Second, I think formations should have a perk value attached.. (The main reason for this would really be to suppress the ol' bomb and bail "tactic").. Another Gamey aspect that should go away.. Again, just my opinion..

The new players would, of course, be able to up singles without a perk penalty but would have to "earn their wings" so to speak, to have the privilege of getting a formation..

Also, I would argue that medium bombers like the B26 and KI67 can have far more impact on the game than the painfully slow 4 engine jobs, in the right hands..

Just some thoughts from a buff stick..  :salute
I got a Lanc 400mph doing that! :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :rock :eek: :D
I love WWI planes but they dont like me at all. :(
-------------------------------
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.
They just didn't say anything intellegent... - Von Messa

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »

uhm...what?
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

Then you are a dweeb.
Strokes

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
LOL You do not want a fair fight with set rules.. you need an advantage. period end of discussion. That is why you will not da.

LMAO score bwaahahahahahaha

Sounds like Draggon. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
Great, another suggestion that will result in another complicated set of rules to add even more "realism" to the game.
Leave the thing alone or it will go the way of Air Warrior, which was tweaked to death

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
Great, another suggestion that will result in another complicated set of rules to add even more "realism" to the game.
Leave the thing alone or it will go the way of Air Warrior, which was tweaked to death

great someone thats almost a month late to the sarcasm thread.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:19:00 PM by whiteman »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
great someone thats almost a month late the sarcasm thread.
gotta love em huh? :lol
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
Bombers? Oh those big ugly targets.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2010, 02:43:47 AM »
Yes I know it takes away from the fun of the dedicated bomber dudes but you guys should have more than enough perks to keep a good stash of bombers in the hangar for all kinds of flights.

By perking them into the 60 points+ per flight range (starting cost would be 20 points per plane in a formation) that should eliminate some of the whiners on the new radar settings. While I don't agree with the settings the only way for HTC to truly address this is to turn the planes like the Mossie and 110's into bombers and not "attack/fighter bombers" and perk the crap out of them. Plus you actually have to return the plane to the ground to get your points...no more of the dash and die bomber crap.

Yeah its not very well thought you but so be it.

when i die i don't get the perks,i try to land, but if that plane lights up my engine up I'm getting my but out of thayer OK.(i do get points for jumping but only like 1/2 of what i would for landing!) :furious .i don't think that aces high even needs to try it that would stink.and last but not least the mossie and 110 are WW2 fighters, that's the WW2 status and i don't think thay need to change it from the truth. :neener: (but this would be a good idea if it was one)hehehe
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
Yes I know it takes away from the fun of the dedicated bomber dudes but you guys should have more than enough perks to keep a good stash of bombers in the hangar for all kinds of flights.

By perking them into the 60 points+ per flight range (starting cost would be 20 points per plane in a formation) that should eliminate some of the whiners on the new radar settings. While I don't agree with the settings the only way for HTC to truly address this is to turn the planes like the Mossie and 110's into bombers and not "attack/fighter bombers" and perk the crap out of them. Plus you actually have to return the plane to the ground to get your points...no more of the dash and die bomber crap.

Yeah its not very well thought you but so be it.

nothing, no matter what they do at htc will eliminate the whiners. those that are going to whine, are ALWAYS going to fins somethign to whine about.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bassmeg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
I fly buff's all the time...and truthfully...I dont care about perk points or any of that junk...I enjoy the challenge of going up and giving it a go esp at a tough target. truth be told most buff guys fly solo....I have upped with 1 or 2 others, but rarely.
Not counting dedicated missions...

I dont know how many times I've flown forever to get to a target and get jumped by fighters cuz I was setting up my IP.
I read Single seat guys crying all the time about how Buff's got it made....well...drones don't shot to straight..and I have no auto gunz like the ships...all the killz i get are right up in the glass with 2 guns.

I agree the best rides should have some sort of limit as to who gets to play with them....say the b-29...(someday... although I think some mods of the Lanc or a Halifax could prove to be just as nasty) it will still have the same limits that all the other buffs have....
Truth be told I like a B-24 most(as long as I can keep the SS guys from my wing roots)
basically.......quityersqueak in and fly......If yer a rook...wing up and lets go blow up some stuff....anybody else....bring it on! I don't care about the k/d ratio...I'm freakin flyin! :aok