Author Topic: What did you say?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: What did you say?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 05:03:09 AM »
. Now back to the question why do you not speak on range? Only curious no Mic? Another reason maybe?

It's actually two reasons.

First, I don't speak English well. It's easy to assume I can, because I'm apparently able to write not that bad, but speaking is a whole different matter. When I type, you don't notice all the pauses when I have to rethink my wording, look up words in the dictionary, or have to completely edit my sentence due to horrible grammar.
When I speak, it's full of pauses, "ehmmm", aborted sentences and so on.  

Second, because if I speak, everybody may think I'm listening too.  :lol
Yes sounds silly... but I'm almost constantly afk (alt-tabbed) during my sorties. As soon as my wheels left the ground, I'm gone. When you see me coming to my base, I'm afk. Even when stalking buffs, or climbing just a few hundred feet before I drop down on that Sherman in my HurriD, I'm afk. Everytime I think I won't have to maneuver for the next 20 or 30 seconds, I'm alt-tabbed out.  Yes, it's really that bad.
Text has the invaluable advantage of being still there when I come back. Your vox transmissions are gone.
Besides that, I'm also avoiding all that boring "social" stuff... "What's up? How are ya? How's the weather in Germany.. blah blah blah"

The only time I was regularly using Vox was in my year as a AHTC member.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:04:44 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 05:20:21 AM »
Upton, Dunnrite, Upright, downtown, ace pilot, hoer,picker,runner, dweeb,skilless, uptown girl, score hound, lame and last but not least....noob.  

You forgot tard.... you tard. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 07:05:12 AM »
Waystation  :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 07:45:23 AM »
Surely, not on accident.

Quit calling him Shirley.  :devil

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »
Fourtyfive, and I think that's it.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
<snip>
i remember one time logging in to a special event I think it was, one of the big scenario's.  And I was climbing out with you and other's when I heard you talk on vox. I was confused  :huh. I thought for sure someone else must be talking but your name kept popping up.  :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
i remember one time logging in to a special event I think it was, one of the big scenario's.  And I was climbing out with you and other's when I heard you talk on vox. I was confused  :huh. I thought for sure someone else must be talking but your name kept popping up.  :D

I was just moving my lips, the voice was provided by a ventriloquist  :P

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
Hee - hee.  Stories...

When I first started flying online (has it really been that long ago???) on another sim in another land, I chose the callsign elvene.   After a few months of being called Evelyn and being apologized to for being shot down "Oh hon, I'm so sorry!"  (As you might surmize, this was before voice comms) I was ready for a change. 

But what really did it was when some other shmoe took the callsign of eleven. 

I'd be in a fight, look down at the radio buffer, see "Kill of eleven by XXXXXX", and I'd be thinking I was dead but just hadn't had had the packets catch up to me yet.

So I changed to -Ghost instead.  Then Ghastly on WWIIonline because every reasonable flavor of Ghost was taken ,and when I came here, through an administrative error on my part ended up not able to become Ghastly in the arena, so I chose Grue instead.  I spent enough time in the day getting eaten by 'em.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 11:28:50 AM »
sign craft

sin clair

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
Drunky remains my favorite.  I also get Durski or simply Dursk a lot, because apparently the U and R are interchangeable. 

Lusche I'm also alt tabbed a lot, but you put me to shame.  I guess making all those pretty graphs and charts does take a lot of time.   :banana:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »
Lusche I'm also alt tabbed a lot, but you put me to shame.  I guess making all those pretty graphs and charts does take a lot of time.   :banana:

Compiling data or putting together another "useless pie of the week" got me killed in AH more than once  :lol

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »
It's ByRf.

Bee-why-are-eff, Bye-arf, Bye-ref, Bi, Ref, Bee-yerf, and Beef.

People have tried to insult me by calling me barf, but I think I prefer that pronounciation.
ill call ya barf  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 02:36:05 PM »
Zooney and once, (maybe his vision is bad) Ozone.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »
HOW many people call me BAR... its B.A.R. you evil little idiots!!! get it right :rofl

B.A.R. is tool long, too many syllables, but if you don't want to be called BAR, don't expect any check 6s from me.  :D

FYI, if I can't figure out your name, you're probably not going to get a vox call from me.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »
I have actually started to press the button for many of the new names lately...by the time I can get it out of my mouth they are dead or they have just chosen stupid knob end names like one guy who I gave a couple of vox calls to but I would only check him by calling Anu...5 check it...did this twice and decided that with a name like that he must like them on his six so let him be....