Author Topic: Thanks again Agent360  (Read 5431 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks again Agent360
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
Agent has the right to "ragg" on him just as much as Zoney has the right to fly however he wants and to whine about being ragged on.  That's my only point.  

Everyone is quick to point out Zoney's rights; I am just impartially and objectively pointing out Agent's rights.
Rights in a on line PC game :rofl

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »
Agent only has one finger on each hand, so if he had enough time to type something on 200 between your passes, it must have been boring.  Just saying. 

:noid 
1 up his nose the other up his ar... :uhoh
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
If you're B&Zing a skilled pilot, you have to eventually take a chance if you expect to get a kill.  Taking a chance means cutting throttle and going for a shot.  Spraying at him on his low yoyo defensive counter measures and then perching back up over and over again will not get you a kill.  I can see this being irritating and frustrating for Agent, for these reasons:

1.  You were not going to kill him with the tactics you were using.
2.  He was not going to kill you with the E you refused to give up.
3.  He did not want to fight you any more, yet you insisted on continueing the tactics that were already proven not to work.

The reason I can make these assumptions without seeing a film is because, as you say, it lasted 10 minutes.  If any 1v1 B&Z takes longer than a couple minutes for something eventful to happen, then you aren't doing it correctly.  No disrespect intended.

That being said, everyone should fly the way they want.  I'm certain Agent was back in his K4 hunting ya after that.   :)

Grizz, I think your dead on with that.. I will say this though, for those of us that are "learning" sometimes it's a bit frustrating to have your best efforts scorned on 200 by the better sticks.. Now I've gotten to the point that I generally ignore most of that because I know I'm getting better, little by slow (real slow).. It would be nice though if some of the "uber" sticks would have a bit more class sometimes.. I doubt I'll ever have the skillz of a Grizz or Agent360 etc. But as soon as I stopped worrying about it I started to improve, go figure.. So many look up to these guys (in a way) especially the ones who don't talk trash needlessly.. Hell, if I could fight AG360 to a stalemate, I'd consider that a victory in and of itself..
 :salute
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:48:20 PM by Tarstar »

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
Agent wasn't pilot wounded....he prolly spilled his beer on his lap jabberin on 200.

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
1.  And Agent should be able to fly like he wants.  He didn't want to sit around and stay in a fight that wasn't going anywhere.
2.  There is some governing law that we all respect and agree with that says that Zoney and Agent both have the right to fly however they want.  Let's call that law The Pwnstitution.

I say take NOE out all together.

In 1. and 2. you must have meant as long as you agree with the way they fly. :headscratch: A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? just sayin.
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »
this is how dogfighting is not balanced, what fun is it to fly against something that is far more superior such as a k4 vs a 109f with lower horse power ? unless you get a lucky shot, what good is the fight going to be ?

compair it to a racing car game, would you race a GTO against a nascar  :lol, it would be so dumb. (GTO favorite car !!!) and a (SS  :D). that's how it is when you do a 1 on 1 with 109-k and 109-f...

The difference isn't absolutely huge, you can still fly in such a way as to retain your E and keep out of guns while bringing your opponent to a near co E state. If your target knows your there excess speed is your biggest enemy to getting a good gun solution, you have to do relatively little to avoid someone coming in at high speed.

Rights in a on line PC game :rofl

Customers have rights! everyone who plays is one  ;)

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
The difference isn't absolutely huge, you can still fly in such a way as to retain your E and keep out of guns while bringing your opponent to a near co E state. If your target knows your there excess speed is your biggest enemy to getting a good gun solution, you have to do relatively little to avoid someone coming in at high speed.

But still that does not cover the fact if its a balanced fight or not, no matter how much E you might keep in a 109-f a plane with more horse power will always have the advantage in a dogfight.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 07:24:19 PM »
In that situation I tend to keep giving them potential shots to goad 'em into blowing E and Position.

If they are just too timid I will start heading RTB and just time my evasions so I am heading in the right direction.

I have done this countless times and have literally dodged a guy for over a sector and made it home and landed.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »
In that situation I tend to keep giving them potential shots to goad 'em into blowing E and Position.

If they are just too timid I will start heading RTB and just time my evasions so I am heading in the right direction.

I have done this countless times and have literally dodged a guy for over a sector and made it home and landed.

:aok

Why didn't you just get bored and auger?

:devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

wrongway

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
:aok

:devil

wrongway

I don't take of if I don't plan on landing it.
(99.99999% of the time anyway)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2010, 07:38:46 PM »
But still that does not cover the fact if its a balanced fight or not, no matter how much E you might keep in a 109-f a plane with more horse power will always have the advantage in a dogfight.

Not really, extra E is only really useful if it can get you out of your enemy's guns for another attack, once you get stuck in gun range and start turning to stay out of guns the extra horsepower don't mean squat and the E states start to even out as you bleed E turning. And as a general rule thats to the 'slower' planes advantage.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
Not really, extra E is only really useful if it can get you out of your enemy's guns for another attack, once you get stuck in gun range and start turning to stay out of guns the extra horsepower don't mean squat and the E states start to even out as you bleed E turning. And as a general rule thats to the 'slower' planes advantage.

But its countless effort just to get someone to pull their E down and altitude. Almost not worth the time to bother with such a dogfight.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »
I would have enjoyed the challenge of a smart opponent and kept fighting till someone died, not got bored, but everyone is different. No real point making a thread about it, would probably have showed more class if you had left the name out of it, if it had to be discussed. It's no big deal either way, and it shows how little impact the encounter had on Agent that he has not responded and probably will not bother. Agent is a class guy most of the time, I'm sure if you had asked for him to show you a K4 winning vs a 109f in the DA he would have happily obliged you. that would have improved your skill set more than this thread perhaps, who knows.

keep fighting how you enjoy
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
But its countless effort just to get someone to pull their E down and altitude. Almost not worth the time to bother with such a dogfight.

Its a necessary part of flying in the MA the choice is not yours to accept the fight if someone is diving with more E or altitude to attack you thats their choice to make, you either evade them or get shot down. Watching people getting suckered into blowing their E is one of the more satisfying parts of the game.