Author Topic: Fighting the Spitfire Mk XVI  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Fighting the Spitfire Mk XVI
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »
The spit16's primary weakness is that it is usually being piloted by a scrub noob.

Bwahahaha, this is so true. :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
If only HTC created for us a clipped version of the Spitfire Mk. XIV... Also a clipped 1943 Spitfire Mk. Vc? :noid
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:36:03 PM by Kazaa »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
I will take a spit 8/9 over it all the time. 
Amen Bruv.  The 8 is my first AH love...

The spit16's primary weakness is that it is usually being piloted by a scrub noob.

I never assume this Grizz.  I assume every plane is piloted by Grizz or Toney Joey himself.  That way I don't get lazy.  I found Kappa in 16 just two days ago.  Get my point?

:salute

Way
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:45:31 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
A spixteen is, of the non perked planes, a monstrosity. It can out run, out turn and just plane out maneuver anything that it cant out climb. The thing is a weapon in the hands of anyone with half a clue. If your slapping them out of the sky with a K-4 your finding the ones flown by retards. The only thing a K does better than a spixteen is run and the climb chart looks like a DNA string. It can climb away from a LALA and will out turn one full flaps. It out climbs, out turns (no flaps) and out accelerates a KI-84, beats the crap out of a NIKI in everything but a flat turn, 1D hog can out run it but is meat in a climb fight or anything but a flap turn contest, all a D-pony can do is run away, it out climbs, out runs, out turns, and out accelerates a 38J. Dora? Same as the Pony, it can run away. Don't even bother with a Jug. Yeah, I know, the situation counts for a lot and disparity of pilot skill is always a factor (in anything) but if your saying the spixteen is anything but an evil beast your deluding yourself. And yes, I hate them too.

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 05:48:30 PM »
 :aok
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
Perks should be switched for 16 and 14. It's tough trying to get kills in a 14, 16, not so much.

Ever run into/against a spit 14 that's been cruising at +20k?  I know it's rarer than dirt at that altitude in the MA, but lord help you if you do.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »
Amen Bruv.  The 8 is my first AH love...

I never assume this Grizz.  I assume every plane is piloted by Grizz or Toney Joey himself.  That way I don't get lazy.  I found Kappa in 16 just two days ago.  Get my point?

:salute

Way

Did I tell ya about the stick stiring muppet I nailed in his N1Ki after chasing him to the deck last week?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »

Did I tell ya about the stick stiring muppet I nailed in his N1Ki after chasing him to the deck last week?

Lies, muppets don't fly N1K2-J's.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »
Perk the Brewster!  ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
A spixteen is, of the non perked planes, a monstrosity. It can out run, out turn and just plane out maneuver anything that it cant out climb. The thing is a weapon in the hands of anyone with half a clue. If your slapping them out of the sky with a K-4 your finding the ones flown by retards. The only thing a K does better than a spixteen is run and the climb chart looks like a DNA string. It can climb away from a LALA and will out turn one full flaps. It out climbs, out turns (no flaps) and out accelerates a KI-84, beats the crap out of a NIKI in everything but a flat turn, 1D hog can out run it but is meat in a climb fight or anything but a flap turn contest, all a D-pony can do is run away, it out climbs, out runs, out turns, and out accelerates a 38J. Dora? Same as the Pony, it can run away. Don't even bother with a Jug. Yeah, I know, the situation counts for a lot and disparity of pilot skill is always a factor (in anything) but if your saying the spixteen is anything but an evil beast your deluding yourself. And yes, I hate them too.

I out ran a few Spit XVI in a P47D-25.  All you need to do manage you E right. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
A Spixteen is what it is. Fight your fight and not his and you'll be alright most of the time.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »
A Spixteen is what it is. Fight your fight and not his and you'll be alright most of the time.

Quoted for truth.  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »

Wow, you must be good! :O

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »

Oh I'm not deluding myself at all, that is why I hate them.  I'm just saying that the vast majority of the guys that you run into in 16s are the ones with only half a clue.  Usually you get guys trying to flat turn you or just follow you around a furball till they catch you tied up.  I usually use throttle work and reversals to get a quick crossing shot which usually takes off a wing.  If I have the room I work the rolling scissors, which the Kurfurst is absolutely wonderful at.  I don't really turn with them ever.  It's too dangerous. 

Usually, you can tell pretty quickly if the guy you're fighting is any good or not, and that will dictate how you handle the fight.  I respect them, yeah, in some hands, but I don't fear them anymore. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »
However, as some believe, this spit dose not have any weakness.  I tried to counter what the spit XVI is doing and in some cases i found it to my advantage.

Huh?  You found a weakness in a plane that you say has no weakness?   :headscratch:

Or me.

The spit 16's biggest weakness is the slow speed turn rate.

That totally depends on the match-up.  It just might be it's biggest advantage but you already knew that.  Why did you even say that?

The reality is the XVI does everything very very well but is not the best at anything and most planes can find at least one advantage to try to exploit.  Of course a favorably outnumbered situation goes a long way to beating one and they do seem to draw enemy hoards like undefended bases.  That's part of the reason I like flying them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:49:46 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.