Author Topic: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.  (Read 16021 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
In my case there was no GV fight & as I had stated I was not even at the point off attack was flat & level 3.4k away first time & 2.6 the second time. I can't even see the enemy tanks this far out & in both situations one round each time killed me.

I understand diving down the barrel is certain death I GET IT My point of issue is the same people can't hit you in a flack Panzer 800 feet away but can 1 shot you miles away in an aircraft doing over 100 mile perhour.

All I am saying is that the game is slightly off when this happens.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
snip           

Wow thanks for your wonderful insight and advice.  We are all noob tankers and plane drivers here so we could not have got through this without you. :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:51:42 PM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
OK, I would have to see that to believe it so lyric, please post the recording of you twice being shot down by A TANK ROUND at 3.4 and 2.6 out. You may want to check the recording yourself to find out what really happened. May have been a closer tank or osti you missed or.... maybe someone needs to be reported.. I look forward to seeing that though so they can teach me to do the same along with everyone else in the game.  :cheers: <S> DeViouS
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
Then why complain about about it.. you want the facts you got them waystin... Not the tankers fault they drop unskilled pilots.. right?
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »
OK, I would have to see that to believe it so lyric, please post the recording of you twice being shot down by A TANK ROUND at 3.4 and 2.6 out. You may want to check the recording yourself to find out what really happened. May have been a closer tank or osti you missed or.... maybe someone needs to be reported.. I look forward to seeing that though so they can teach me to do the same along with everyone else in the game.  :cheers: <S> DeViouS
Film is long gone now & I can guarantee that was what happened no one else about but two Shermans to begin with. I think you should know that this is not a rare thing that happens it is very frequent. Hell I have done it before ask AAolds 1 shot ed a Lanc from 6.5k out with a shore batt. That is just one instance as I have done it many times before.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
Then why complain about about it.. you want the facts you got them waystin... Not the tankers fault they drop unskilled pilots.. right?
I was not complaining, nor did I view the op's request as a complaint.  Most of the posters I see here are not what I would call skill-less in planes or tanks. Myself included. So your recommendations of obviousness were a bit self serving and looked silly.

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
Once again waystin.. the truth hurts.. If your getting shot down by tanks IT IS YOUR FAULT!! If it is from that distance it is a fluke and nothing more... so what do they do about this rare accurance? run to the forums  :cry thats.... that's not fair  :cry you cant do that  :cry no shooting back.. :cry Sorry I find it funny that the film of twice being shot down from the distances lyric discribed are "long gone"  :uhoh but if it did happen... TWICE.. and he watched film to make SURE that's what happened then there is something fishy going on with someone or they are the GREATEST SHOT IN THE GAME to pick off a moving plane from 3.4 and 2.6... If it wasn't the same person then you have very bad luck lyric. Although you are appearently the BEST in the game Waystin others are not and some noob may have read that and learned from.. Lord forbid that happen but dont insult me for that for no reason. I just through that in there. The main point I was making was addressing ordless bomb****s sir. Funny how just about every post I see from you are just insults on someone who posted and and some smart a** comment along with the occasional reference to your "uncanny" skill... Gets old after awhile brother. give it a rest...   

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
Once again waystin.. the truth hurts.. If your getting shot down by tanks IT IS YOUR FAULT!! If it is from that distance it is a fluke and nothing more... so what do they do about this rare accurance? run to the forums  :cry thats.... that's not fair  :cry you cant do that  :cry no shooting back.. :cry Sorry I find it funny that the film of twice being shot down from the distances lyric discribed are "long gone"  :uhoh but if it did happen... TWICE.. and he watched film to make SURE that's what happened then there is something fishy going on with someone or they are the GREATEST SHOT IN THE GAME to pick off a moving plane from 3.4 and 2.6... If it wasn't the same person then you have very bad luck lyric. Although you are appearently the BEST in the game Waystin others are not and some noob may have read that and learned from.. Lord forbid that happen but dont insult me for that for no reason. I just through that in there. The main point I was making was addressing ordless bombers sir. Funny how just about every post I see from you are just insults on someone who posted and and some smart a** comment along with the occasional reference to your "uncanny" skill... Gets old after awhile brother. give it a rest...    
I rarely ever film & when I do I review it & dump it no point clogging up memory with hundreds of films for no purpose other than to bathe in ones glory.

Plus nothing fishy going on here either no C word or H word being used on my part the players in question are not in doubt in any way shape or form.

So if you have read the entire thread? Is Skuzzys post of Hitech firing at pyro 2k out with his tank & killing a moving plane the first time ever in AHII on the very fist shot ever fired by a tank fishy? I think not.

Or maybe he is not quite telling it like it is as you have alluded to in regards to me dumping film?

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:15 PM »
Read the whole thing lyric...Hello??? its a lucky shot! that's it!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
Once again waystin.. the truth hurts.. If your getting shot down by tanks IT IS YOUR FAULT!! If it is from that distance it is a fluke and nothing more... so what do they do about this rare accurance? run to the forums  :cry thats.... that's not fair  :cry you cant do that  :cry no shooting back.. :cry Sorry I find it funny that the film of twice being shot down from the distances lyric discribed are "long gone"  :uhoh but if it did happen... TWICE.. and he watched film to make SURE that's what happened then there is something fishy going on with someone or they are the GREATEST SHOT IN THE GAME to pick off a moving plane from 3.4 and 2.6... If it wasn't the same person then you have very bad luck lyric. Although you are appearently the BEST in the game Waystin others are not and some noob may have read that and learned from.. Lord forbid that happen but dont insult me for that for no reason. I just through that in there. The main point I was making was addressing ordless bombers sir. Funny how just about every post I see from you are just insults on someone who posted and and some smart a** comment along with the occasional reference to your "uncanny" skill... Gets old after awhile brother. give it a rest...   

Interesting...I very rarely say anything insulting.  However, nooblets offering obvious advice is a bit of an annoyance for me.  Show some respect and know who you are talking to and what you are talking about.  It's worked for me, it will work for you.  Let's not talk skill here, what I have seen of your skillset is you are a great camper and that is about it.

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Not a nooblet bub... had several dif. names now.. played for years but i have nothing to prove to sir... more insults from the great one i see... just you being your respectful self right?  :rofl so what i said was incorrect? .. nah, i dont think so.. not by any means... maybe you should know who your talking to instead of attacking people.. the advise i gave was right on the money but as you just said it wasn't the advice, it was who was giving it.. thats respect??? If I was new thats how you would talk to me... pffft... Yeah you got respect written all over you...  I'm one of the few who answer noobs on the game without the alt F4 joke... like i said lord forbid someone new learns anything but how to be a smart a** right?? BnZ people on here with your comments then swoop back up to your alt of greatness..   

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
This is what I would like to see matter fact I would like to see more than 1 time a tank shot a plane with its main gun.

It didn't happen and is complete gamery BS. It happens all the time to me when I take a b-25. Completely ridiculous!

The issue remains: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PROPOSE HTC SHOULD DO ABOUT IT?!?! Answer me that.

gun elevations: accurate (shouldn't be changed)

Traverse rates: accuate (shouldn't be changed)

ROF: accurate (shouldn't be changed)

Damage model: accurate (a plane can't survive a 75mm HE round to the cocpit, so it shouldn't be changed)

Well, that just about kills your complaint unless HTC is willing to nerf the tanks.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »
Nerf the tanks.....?? Pfffft it's easier to bomb**** then to shoot a moving plane down unless once again it's strafing you on the deck. And in that case it's an earned death.. Unless you get a lucky shot at one flying by which does happen. I still say leave it be and quit crying. People aren't purposely upping tanks as AA guns.. If you really want to kill one up an IL2 and strafe away. If not, quit poking the lion and complaining when it bites.. :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:11:10 PM by DeViouS1 »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Delusional
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »
untill you pay my cash a week you have no right to tell me what i can or cant do. I'll go bomb my own factories if I please. And btw i dont camp much, more look for a good gv battle thats even. But that was very rude and ignorant sir to make a comment like that to someone you don't even know and on top of it to post it on the forums.

Your very ignorant comment was the motivation for my reply.

And my comment was ?

I cannot help but laugh.   Thanks man, I'll continue to help Train new/old sticks in this game.    You continue to be "the Lion".   

I still haven't a clue on why he thinks his diatribe "wasn't offensive or rude".   :banana:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC