Author Topic: One Aircraft  (Read 4401 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: One Aircraft
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »
P40
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »
Yea, 1946 Luscombe 8E. Was my grandfather's and now it is mine. My grandfather bought it in 1979. The plane itself came out of the Dallas factory and has been restored twice since then, with some minor restoration work done by my family. The interior has been re-done, half of the right wing has brand new metal (2002), new altimeter, new plug wires (last week). My grandfather put a Lycoming O-200 95 hp engine in the Luscombe in 1980. It has been a most dependable engine.

The plane is a delight to fly and own. It treats me well, I treat it well. 46 of my first 50 hours were spent in the Luscombe 8E (this same one) so I know the plane well. I'll say, I have seen people who have over 500 hours fly my Luscombe and have a little trouble on landing at my home field. The pattern is a .... and if you're not used to a Luscombe, it is also a .....

I recommend a Luscombe Silvaire to any and all pilots. If you happen to be looking for an antique taildragger, Fly a Luscombe!

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ron

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
God Save the Queen..!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »
C-97 Stratofreighter. I think it barely makes it under your conditions.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
Perdue, when you said "technically I own one", I initially thought you were referring to a Bf 109G! :lol

You own a really gorgeous airplane, congrats!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
FW-190D9 "Dora"
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:32 PM »
Jugs :rock

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 06:56:01 PM »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »
I'll have the P-51-D H or K models still considered the best fighter plane ever made. You may all commence the flaming now.

Offline xthecatx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
SR 71   :x

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
Jugs :rock

(Image removed from quote.)

That's a great photo NOVA.  If those guys at Grumman hadn't thought of the F7F, a Jug would have been the choice.  It really doesn't get credit for the graceful lines evident in the planform shot.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »
That's a great photo NOVA.  If those guys at Grumman hadn't thought of the F7F, a Jug would have been the choice.  It really doesn't get credit for the graceful lines evident in the planform shot.

Yeah this was one of the best photos I saw on google images.. Very nice shot..

And I agree with you about the the F7F. Those things are just amazing..  :rock Can't decide which would be cooler as a 2nd plane in my hangar.. F7F or a Mosquito :)

or

Choices Choices..  :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:37:59 PM by xNOVAx »

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
The Supermarine Spitfire IX...1943 November Production model.

(Christie's is auctioning one in December...reserve price: $1.25M.  Texas Powerball lotto here I come...after speaking to my wife...and I quote, (Mrs Changeup talking) "honey, if you win the lotto and its more than 10M, you can buy Rhode Island for all I care...but you can't buy anything else, ok?" end quote.  Priceless...

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
#1 (choice) catalina since i list next to MANY water sources lakes and such,who cares if i land in the middle of your lake deciding i want to fish!   :banana: :bolt:

thats only one of the compartments

#2 (choice not getting with) B17 flying fortress
room for all if not most my Friends,great on fuel, 4 engines!

may not look very roomy (or comfortable for that matter) but bring a stool to sit on with u or sumthin
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
Yea, 1946 Luscombe 8E. Was my grandfather's and now it is mine. My grandfather bought it in 1979. The plane itself came out of the Dallas factory and has been restored twice since then, with some minor restoration work done by my family. The interior has been re-done, half of the right wing has brand new metal (2002), new altimeter, new plug wires (last week). My grandfather put a Lycoming O-200 95 hp engine in the Luscombe in 1980. It has been a most dependable engine.

The plane is a delight to fly and own. It treats me well, I treat it well. 46 of my first 50 hours were spent in the Luscombe 8E (this same one) so I know the plane well. I'll say, I have seen people who have over 500 hours fly my Luscombe and have a little trouble on landing at my home field. The pattern is a .... and if you're not used to a Luscombe, it is also a .....

I recommend a Luscombe Silvaire to any and all pilots. If you happen to be looking for an antique taildragger, Fly a Luscombe!

perdweeb

Nice Purdue, didn't know you we a GA pilot. A very nice plane.  I've got a hour or so in my neighbor's. 

I get the opportunity to fly some good ones, thanks to my Dad (and Mom of course);  RV-10, Glasair III, Christen Eagle II

If I could afford any plane, this would be a good one...
Velocity TXL

This one looks crazy but the specs are very nice... Velocity Turbo-Prop

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]