Author Topic: 9 years and loggin off  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Re: 9 years and loggin off
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
I know dont let the door hit my bellybutton smack, but its been a while since i have had a good fight, the good old boys are all gone and the new upgrades only seem to make it worse.

mijoie, scooner, drifts and many other call signs i held.

Good luck!

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
mijoieau <S>     mans gotta do what  a mans gotta do!

for me the frame rate has finally taken its toll!   i built the PC back in 2002-3 ish it severed my fine...... but now with a fiancee((i cant spell)girl friend who wants to marry)) we short on money!     ive been wanting to build for years but money has stopped it!

After playing last night on TT      flying in the teens to low teens....  just dont cut it for me.

maybee ill be back soon, ill keep trying but flying with FPS in the teen is un acceptable to me!

Unacceptable! 

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:46 PM »
Too bad we're losing a vet.  But the thing I want to know is this: why the finger pointing and complaining with absolutely no suggestions?  I don't count "not liking it" as a reason.  Spell it out.

A company who is extremely serious about customer service, does not ask other customers to find out why a person is electing not to use their product.  So I am sure HTC will be seeking addition feedback on their own.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:53:21 PM by Money »

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 07:50:49 PM »
but its been a while since i have had a good fight, the good old boys are all gone and the new upgrades only seem to make it worse.
Word.. Good luck in your search for another mmo. Come back and tell us when u find it/.
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 02:52:02 AM »
I keep thinking how to attract more players in the off peak times, i remember there was a price money pool for the top players, that worked at the time, but i think thats a pointless avenue as the same 10 people that rank would win and every month and it would annoy others and cause clashes and name calling.

Advertising in other counties would be the way but it cost money, maybe if HTC targeted Air shows in other countries to market the game that may work and would be cheap, so cheap because i am sure devoted fans of the game could organize to run a simple booth for free, out of the love for the game and knowing it would help it grow.

I thought about the possibility of free moths for signing up other players but its a flawed idea for many reasons, and would not be worth the work as it would be hard to track.

In the end i think the guys i used to play with off peak had a passion for history and the game and thats why our squad would have larger numbers on itself than the number of players that are in all three teams off peak now, not only did they understand and teach each other a lot about history of war but also spent alot of time helping each other with tactics and ACM.

I read a post today about the game with a statement: the game isn't the problem its the type of players now that cause the game to be a arcade game not a sim, i think alot of that is true as the younger players now with any understanding of the past will not learn much from aces high as most of the older players and real life vets have all logged off and don't play much, and when they do play the cheap 200 smack talk is just plain insulting to anyone that is silly enough to have 200 on.

Today i missed play FSO it was so tempting to resign up and play, but then taking the boat out to catch dinner was a lot more fun and productive anyway, back in the day i would have had to have a computer in the boat and play between catches but now maybe my whine is that real life is better than any arcade structured game, but the aces years ago was worth missing out of a good hall of fresh flatheads.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
I think it is partly due to the fact that you have moved to paradise man...It probably doesn't help things.....All that beauty will soon grow old though...When it does be sure to let me know your new handle... :D :cheers:

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »
I think it is partly due to the fact that you have moved to paradise man...It probably doesn't help things.....All that beauty will soon grow old though...When it does be sure to let me know your new handle... :D :cheers:

And me!!, how were the flatties?

Also agree it would be worth a try setting up a booth at airshows, could attract some new players.

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »
Hi Steely
The flatties were off today, couldn't be bothered working so took the kids out for a fish, was such i nice day the flatties didn't matter.

I second the airshow aces booth at air shows, if they need display booths i can help with cost price booths as that's what i do.

scooner