Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10108 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »
Not after I leave there aren't.

Bazinga!!!!

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »
as to the other guy that i was exchanging words with in this thread.

you have brought to my attention the saddening fact that you ARE NOT AS INTELIGENT as i had first perceived. so i will waste no more time in a discussion with one who is apparently mentally deficient.

a person so deficient in fact that they cannot understand that an "inference", when made with such a clarity of thought that no mistaking the makers intended meaning is reasonably possible, even to a man of common intelligence and faculties, then the inference, for purposes of all legal matters is a "statement".

maybe, before you consider being condescending and insulting to someone who just minutes before, although disagreeing with you, complimented your intelligence, you should stop and reconsider just how stupid this person may make you look while feeding you

Nothing better then a grown man stating how intelligent he is and how another isn't in a forum regarding a freaking VIDEO game. Seriously gents everybody needs to get over themselves. Can't be too bright if you spend the majority of your free time playing a freaking video game. C'mon you guys really can't be serious, GET OVER YOURSELVES! It's a video game nothing more nothing less. I'm better then you cause I fly a p-38 I'm better then you because I do this etc... seriously take a step back and think about it. LMFAO i read these forums everyday and I just laugh how pathetic am I to name myself DMGOD. yet I read the stuff you holier then thou people write and I think geez  these guys are way worse then me. lol ladies get a grip  <3 DMGOD
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2010, 10:46:21 PM »
calm down willis
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
You left out the part of there being no women in these bars  ;)
Shhh...dont' tell Grizz that those beauty queens were...queens. Don't want to spoil his fun.

Since I started playing there has been 3 new planes and some terrains have actually gone away. As far as graphics, the new stuff is better but still really outdated. It would be nice to have more trees like we used to have. There will always be squeakers and whiners and both should just be ignored.
You do realize the terrains are made by players, if you want a terrain with more trees, make one and submit it. Explain how you think the new stuff is outdated? Are you measuring it against another flight sim or an FPS? I know you're wrong when matched head to head against direct competitors but, I'd like to see what you're thinking.

Why should the squeakers and whiners be ignored now, they weren't in the past...and strange as it may seem to you, "the game isn't what it used to be...blah...blah...blah...the good old days" rant is a whine which puts you in the whiner category. If only temporarily.

I know from other players that have been around longer than you that at least since you have been playing, there have been hordes and rants about the hordes. As far back as anyone can remember there has always been dweeb behavior and rants about the dweeb behavior. The only time it was not a huge factor was back in the day when you paid by the minute to be online, so everyone was careful about how they engaged another player...but then these days, careful means timid. Back then everyone used as much of an advantage as they could get...but if you do that today, your not only timid, your a picker or run dweeb or some other b.s. It's really quite comical how nobody seems to remember the true reality of how things were done in the past versus now.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
Nothing better then a grown man stating how intelligent he is and how another isn't in a forum regarding a freaking VIDEO game. Seriously gents everybody needs to get over themselves. Can't be too bright if you spend the majority of your free time playing a freaking video game. C'mon you guys really can't be serious, GET OVER YOURSELVES! It's a video game nothing more nothing less. I'm better then you cause I fly a p-38 I'm better then you because I do this etc... seriously take a step back and think about it. LMFAO i read these forums everyday and I just laugh how pathetic am I to name myself DMGOD. yet I read the stuff you holier then thou people write and I think geez  these guys are way worse then me. lol ladies get a grip  <3 DMGOD
LMAO bout time you chimed in.

Hey Grizz was looking for you, he had the impression that you wanted to leave the bar with him in his jacket.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »

Perhaps I observed an odd week, but I couldn't help asking myself, if HTC wanted the game to be this, why bother having base captures? Why bother having factories or zone bases? Hell, why bother having HQ? I knew where the enemy was. They were over the same two Rook bases the entire time i was logged on. For all intents and purposes, couldn't what now is happening be achieved with 6 bases?

Agreed ! The game has been mutilated over past years, there's nothing left to promote fights, nothing to fight for, unless you want to have your name posted on front page.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:55:53 AM by hitech »
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »
You have a game that is slowly going away from strategy and objectives and closer to the arcade game 1945. You have your longtime core subscribers falling off while the influx of 12 year old squekers take their place, only to be gone when the next Halo comes out. Is this what you wanted?
Where have you been.  This happened like 8 years ago.  lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2010, 12:28:06 AM »
Good post JB... sad, but true. (the first one).

T.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:36:19 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2010, 12:37:28 AM »
Agreed ! The game has been mutilated over past years, there's nothing left to promote fights, nothing to fight for, unless you want to have your name posted on front page.

:headscratch:

the fight is the reason to fight....the fight is where its at.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2010, 12:46:17 AM »
:headscratch:

the fight is the reason to fight....the fight is where its at.

Well there's the problem.  Most don't want to fight, they want to point the nose of their cartoon ride at the nearest opposing player, fire, and hope it goes boom.  Or, they want to join in and go horde an undefended base.  Oh there's a few who love the fight, but they're a huge minority these days.  Do this, at any particular time: Log on, open up the map and turn everything off, then look at the darbars... you will seldom find any big green AND red darbars closer than 10 sectors of each other. When you do, the fun police inevitably show up and shut it down.  It just is.

There is very little "fight" going on these days, especially between Bish/Knits % Rooks.

T.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:48:33 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2010, 01:06:11 AM »
Well there's the problem.  Most don't want to fight, they want to point the nose of their cartoon ride at the nearest opposing player, fire, and hope it goes boom.  Or, they want to join in and go horde an undefended base.  Oh there's a few who love the fight, but they're a huge minority these days.  Do this, at any particular time: Log on, open up the map and turn everything off, then look at the darbars... you will seldom find any big green AND red darbars closer than 10 sectors of each other. When you do, the fun police inevitably show up and shut it down.  It just is.

There is very little "fight" going on these days, especially between Bish/Knits % Rooks.

T.  

I absolutely hear ya, but I do not care about them, most are lemmings, I have learned to love the lemmings, it is so insanely fun to attack a horde of 15-20 red guys, heck even more  :lol
   I love the fight, I enjoy a great 1vs1 but seriously, I would rather fight the numbers the only thing that gets my adrenaline pumping is the horde, that is one of the main reasons I am still here

I dont care what the map looks like...or what the bomber guys bomb(except tank town fields)
I dont care who runs......... who ack hugs........who HO's.....who gangs.............ECT...ECT

I enjoy flying with my squadies, and fighting the horde   :aok

everything else is there for those who like that, I would say HTC is doing a very good job, every time I log there is a horde to fight :t

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2010, 01:09:34 AM »
 :rolleyes:
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2010, 03:20:38 AM »
Edited for quote of jb

The fights were over the same 3 bases and remained there for the duration of my online time. I admit there were a few diversion attacks, and a few were actually succesful, but after the base capture, the majority of the flyer fell back into the fold of the numbers.

Perhaps I observed an odd week, but I couldn't help asking myself, if HTC wanted the game to be this, why bother having base captures?

Serious question ... what game were/are you playing?  Two Bish map resets in Pink/Orange and a Rook reset in Blue the past week.  The only thing correct in your assessment is that this was an odd week ... because this is the first time in quite some time that there has been a map reset.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:57:16 AM by hitech »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »

T.  

I disagree. All I do is fight - and  I can invariably find a fight. I had a beautiful and LENGHTY 1v1 against some guy named bmed just last week. I kept my g-14 on his tail, for the most part, thorough a lengthy series of maneuvers before taking his wing. While he was unable to reverse the situation, his evasives were truly difficult to follow - and he didn't give up.

All last w/e there was a huge furball going in the NE corner of MA Orange. It gave me ample opportunity to come in at about 12k and work the vertical on the opposing groups of enemy. There was a lot of variety and plenty of killing and being killed. I can't think of a better way to work on my SA and in situ tactical eval than with that kind of highly fluid many-on-many clusterball.

Of course, some bombmentallychallengedperson had to take down the Knight FH at some point but we got over it. 

As for any questions of flight model impropriety, I challenge the OP to level specific charges. To shirk that puts him in the category of Gaston vis-a-vis the F-dubs.

If he's got a problem with the way twins are modeled, I'd like to see it specified and posted for some open critique. I doubt his charges could hold water.

Finally, I appreciate DMGods call for perspective. I have to say, I've always had a bit of a senseless grudge against him because, after being killed by him a time or two, I managed to shoot him down with a lucky pass during a furball. At some point shortly after that, I got oiled. My escape attempt was foiled by one of his squaddies who, in an act of revenge worthy of Inigo Montoya, trailed me away from that furball for what must've been 10 minutes. Eventually, he caught me and blew my wing off, neatly spoiling my desire to see how many perkies I'd've gotten for that kill.

It's like he says, though... Anybody who's supplanted RL with this game's got other problems and should probably take some time off to go deal with those problems. I guess I'll have to take down the poster I have depicting him as a red-eyed demon intent on despoiling innocent women and children.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.