Author Topic: TrackIR 5  (Read 2758 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: TrackIR 5
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
i have a few questions onthese.

when you want to look left, obviously you can't turn your head fully left, and the same for looking back.

how much do you really have to move your head? how hard is this to get used to?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »
You can tune the TIR profile as much as you want.  Some have it very aggressive so you move your head a little and your in-game head spins like Linda Blair.  Myself, I sit about arm's length from my 24" widescreen LCD monitor.  I turn my head to where my nose points to the edge of the monitor, and my in-game head is looking 180 degrees backwards.  It didn't take me long to get used to it, but then I'm a bit above average in all respects.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
the first purchase I made just for AH was  Trak IR 5
i started messin with the profile right off the bat,and really messed things up,i reset it to factory setting with just  a lil adjustment to speed and smoothness and I love it! I won't use anything else....the hard part about using it is when you are shooting and in zoom in view it can be  alil bouncy...you may want to turn it off when shooting...i use the forward view still on my hat switch when I want to steady for gunnin

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
when you are shooting and in zoom in view it can be  alil bouncy...you may want to turn it off when shooting...i use the forward view still on my hat switch when I want to steady for gunnin

A lot of people, myself included, have a small dead spot set in the TIR profile for dead center.  That way, when looking straight forward, the TIR keeps your view steady.  But, if you have a hat switch programmed for AH2 views, it will over-ride the TIR input to help steady your view for shooting.
My Current Rig:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
here;'s another possibly stupid question......

i'm just over arms length from my monitor. it's a 22" lcd. often when making shots, i find that to see the con well, i lean forward to about half that distance. obviously this doesn't change my zoom.
 will i be able to do that with trackir? or is it easy to switch back n forth?

how about the tracking things? do i still have ot wear a hat for them? my headset actually goes behind my head, rather than over it........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
When you lean in, your in-game head moves closer to the front of the cockpit.  You can use your zoom toggle key/button and zoom in and out like normal - TIR does not control the zoom in the game, only your head position.  It's easy enough to enable/disable the TIR with a button, for those times you don't want your head to move all around; like with GV's or if you have no dead zone in the TIR profile and you want a steady head while your shoot.

The TrackClip Pro clips onto your headset and has a little bit of articulated movement to get the emitters lined up with the reciever, but I'm not sure how much you'd need with a headset that wraps behind your head.
My Current Rig:

Offline pinewood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
just hooked it up a week ago and found this helps.....   lean left(or right) tilt and twist neck, dislocate shoulder, strain eyes to edge of popping out...oh yeah close one, and dont forget to vomit on keyboard. at least till you use the forementioned link. :joystick:

So basicly....just act like a real fighter pilot !
Flying missions was very draining.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
If no headset then wear a baseball cap with the reflectors on it.  That's what I do with speakers sound on, if headset then I use the other pointer which is more accurate anyway.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »
A lot of people, myself included, have a small dead spot set in the TIR profile for dead center.  That way, when looking straight forward, the TIR keeps your view steady.  But, if you have a hat switch programmed for AH2 views, it will over-ride the TIR input to help steady your view for shooting.
hmmmm we wondered how we could use hat switch views with trak IR thanks for the info :aok

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
Let read my post 'trackir kamasutra' or ask to Guttboy.

|
                                        4   -    -  2
                                               |

my ch throttle hat

when i push 2 i can see from 1 - 2 - 3 normal or up too

when i push 3 i can see from 2- 3 - 4 normal or up too

and so on.

I have also x-axes on (move right-left-right)

:salute
mobilis in mobile