Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 02:16:55 AM »
Have to agree with OP.  Played off and on since 2001.  Dislike the new Dar and a lot of the new changes since then.  Game seems to be picking up in numbers but going down in quality but thats the way all games go eventually so its to be expected.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 08:04:46 AM »
Oh boy, I see I got my hands full here :uhoh. Look, what we have here is 2 different styles of game play. You guys against the new dar are the war winner/base taker crowd. More then likely when you first log on you look at the map for a base to take. You find one and spend the next 45 minutes flying low for 4 sectors, avoiding dar rings to smash and grab a base. I guess that's cool if that's what ya want to do.
I'd rather when I log on find a dar bar and go to it and fight. I don't have alot of time or 10/15/30 guys to fly with. I want to hop in a 51/38 and shoot at stuff...preferably in 5 or 10 minutes. I reckon I could go to the DA lake but it just to damned gamey in there. I'd rather go to the MA where all the action is, raise hell and dogfight. With the new dar, I can look at it, tell where the bad guy is to take action. I don't have to sit there wondering where he is. So to me that promotes fights. Or at least it should IMO.
I believe I read somewhere that this game was about aerial dogfighting and all the other eye candy was thrown in to promote that. Now the game is all about getting points and score. Kills and captures. I find that to be very time consuming, fruitless and mundane. I'd rather gouge myself in the eye, then fly around dar rings to sneak a base and then go sit by a tree in a tank to wait for someone to pop over the hill in a tank.
Yall go on and spend ur 15 bucks the way ya want. it just ain't my bag of tea. :bolt:
Lighten up Francis

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
You dont need a horde to take a base. These "hordes" are most of the time a bunch of pilots who know nothing of ACM and fighitng other planes....which leads to the norm...FHs being dropped or 10 planes vulching that 1 guy trying to up to defend while the other 10+ hit town.

Here is just an idea to cut down the number of planes needed to take a base....

2 sets of Heavy bombers...1 kills VH first pass then turns around toward town, the other hits town and kills most of it first pass. Continue passes till town is dropped once ord is all gone they can either rtb or drop low and use MGs to clean it up.

4-5 fighters with rockets....deack field/town kill dar and ord. Once out of rockets save Mgs for enemy planes or if needed use guns on town(shouldnt need much with 2 skilled buff pilots over head hitting it already.

1 C-47....all there really should be unless a 262 decides he wants to come buzzing in.

The cappers have of course the hardest job depending on who ups to defend said base. A bunch of skilless pilots upping is easier to kill then say SunsFan upping a K4 and JoeyTony upping a spit 9 together.

Maybe HTC has made it so you actually need to learn to fight to take a base hmmmm :headscratch:

:huh

Please explain to me how your description above is any different that what you were trying to insult?

Your base take strategy still involves numerous planes vulching to hold "cap".  Then you said that HTC made is you might actually have to learn ACM.   Pardon my confusion, but the only difference between your strategy and the "horde" strategy is 2 sets of bombers.  But the premise of the strategy is still the same.  A handful of fighters still buzz around the field waiting for the semi-free kills.   :headscratch:
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »
I agree, new DAR is a bit ridiculous. Why would they do it? who knows. HTC said it was to promote combat, well if furballing is all they want, why not set it up as the DA and all of this discussion would go bye-bye.

For those of us who have only been flying for a few years, we got hooked on the game because of the variations of game play, not on the only furball, dont lift if you don't wanna be seen aspect of the new style. The new towns I do like.....noe ceiling...who cares......but give me a break on the all seeing eye!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:40 AM »
seems to me 90% of the time the radar's down anyway because it's the first thing the suicide jug/190 will go after..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »
You dont need a horde to take a base. These "hordes" are most of the time a bunch of pilots who know nothing of ACM and fighitng other planes....which leads to the norm...FHs being dropped or 10 planes vulching that 1 guy trying to up to defend while the other 10+ hit town.

Here is just an idea to cut down the number of planes needed to take a base....

2 sets of Heavy bombers...1 kills VH first pass then turns around toward town, the other hits town and kills most of it first pass. Continue passes till town is dropped once ord is all gone they can either rtb or drop low and use MGs to clean it up.

4-5 fighters with rockets....deack field/town kill dar and ord. Once out of rockets save Mgs for enemy planes or if needed use guns on town(shouldnt need much with 2 skilled buff pilots over head hitting it already.

1 C-47....all there really should be unless a 262 decides he wants to come buzzing in.

The cappers have of course the hardest job depending on who ups to defend said base. A bunch of skilless pilots upping is easier to kill then say SunsFan upping a K4 and JoeyTony upping a spit 9 together.

Maybe HTC has made it so you actually need to learn to fight to take a base hmmmm :headscratch:

You really think you can get 8 guys to join a mission???
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
HiTech got his wish.  It's all about furballing in the LWA.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2010, 09:15:09 AM »
Oh boy, I see I got my hands full here :uhoh. Look, what we have here is 2 different styles of game play. You guys against the new dar are the war winner/base taker crowd. More then likely when you first log on you look at the map for a base to take. You find one and spend the next 45 minutes flying low for 4 sectors, avoiding dar rings to smash and grab a base. I guess that's cool if that's what ya want to do.

Utter BS, and you know that. I am part of a smash&grab mission maybe two times... per year! At least 80% of my game time is defending bases, most preferably against horde attacks. Similar with others in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:17:33 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
Also there have always been furballs and they are the easiest things to locate in game.  Simply ask in channel or look for the big red n green dar bar.  Very few furballs occur at under 65 feet.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
New radar = boring ...bring back old radar

+1
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »

YET LAST NIGHT IN MW, there was an awesome ground and air battle going on over the attempted capture of a v-base. i've never seen so many gv's out at one time.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
I had a horribly boring time in LW Blue last night. Two Rook carriers off the coast of a Rook port, enemy airfield nearby, enemy bombers streaming in (finally level bombing the close CV to death), fighting off a near-capture of the port with several flak GVs and I spent some time on a 37mm ack, chasing a running F4 that had just bombed the CV in my slower Seafire, pinging him on a reversal, then dying to the P-51 that finally came to his aid.

I mean, it was so BORING doing all those different things and being involved in all those different fights over the 90 minutes or so I was on.

NOT.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
YET LAST NIGHT IN MW, there was an awesome ground and air battle going on over the attempted capture of a v-base. i've never seen so many gv's out at one time.  :aok

Our squad aircraft not available in MW and the largest numbers I've seen in MW was 67.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 10:15:34 AM »

In the 9+ yrs I've been around AH I've never heard or read anything from Hitech saying the game's all about furballing. I have heard him say that the game's about having fun. If subscriptions are on the rise, I'd say that most players are having fun.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
Our squad aircraft not available in MW and the largest numbers I've seen in MW was 67.

I almost fell outta my chair laughing at the irony of your statement.  :devil