Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 4238 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »
Old rings were fun.

Some of the squad missions was to go NOE around the dar rings and take some obscure V-base way behind the lines. Capture it with the hangars up made for a VERY fun time upping tigers and waiting for the mass of GV's to come flying back in there to get it back  :D
this says alot
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:03:34 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
this says alot

And what does it say?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »
I think it's a cowardly way to play. What's so wrong with meeting the enemy head on in a video game. Has this game now become about the sneak and not so much about the fight anymore?  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
I think it's a cowardly way to play. What's so wrong with meeting the enemy head on in a video game. Has this game now become about the sneak and not so much about the fight anymore?  :headscratch:

I think you need a reality check Uptown. When you start using serious terms like cowardly to describe how a person plays a cartoon video game.. It is a cartoon video game right?  That is Funny.. :x :x

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »

Ya mean "cowardly" like vulching, spawn camping,alt monkeys etc etc etc??

The fight? :rofl :rofl

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
How about I change cowardly with chicken chit. Does that make it more acceptable to you? Seems like alot of that going around these days. Oh my there's a alt monkey. Let me dive to the field to get into my ack....instead of learning how to fight a alt monkey.  :joystick:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:27:35 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »

oh please, there is just some much wrong with this statment. So much assumption, allegation and misconception in it.

I for one have crossed the sword with da EGG and his companions alot of time. They are definitely NOT the kind of guys "sneaking" base after base, immediately aborting when there is any resistance. They are not the kind of players grabbing undefended bases one after another, but then leave it to others to defend them. They are not the kind of bombers that bail as soon as they see someone catching up.

Also we are again back at the wrong assumption that objections about the new radar system are about "not fighting at all" or sneaking bases.

And if you really want to use cowardly... the new dar in many cases supports "cowardly" behaviors, sometimes even making them necessary.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
I distinctly remember HiTech's stated dislike for mega-squads. With this setup, he now inadvertantly seems to have catered to the mega-hordes. :huh

:airplane: I agree,  has become a giant furball, yes you can still find a fight here and there but old radar was MUCH BETTER.
This is kind of like space invaders now.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
How about I change cowardly with chicken chit. Does that make it more acceptable to you? Seems like alot of that going around these days. Oh my there's a alt monkey. Let me dive to the field to get into my ack....instead of learning how to fight a alt monkey.  :joystick:

Apparently you can't see how hypocritical that statement is.

The irony.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »
I think it's a cowardly way to play. What's so wrong with meeting the enemy head on in a video game. Has this game now become about the sneak and not so much about the fight anymore?  :headscratch:

:airplane: I think you miss the point, there use to be a variety of ways to play the game, something for EVERYONE. Now it is just big furballs at a few bases.

I will also add I am really starting to not like playing the game the way it is. I have been playing the game for about 6 year and since the radar change have not enjoyed it as much. And before someone say your join
date is 2008 I played the game for several years before joining this forum. I played when we had night and fighter town over the lake, one of the most fun maps IMO.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:42:41 PM by rvflyer »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »
You, by chance, wouldn't be talking about (gasp!) a fight that resulted from a sneak, would you? :)

Maybe  :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »

That's just it. We tend to view this in such a polarity that we forget there is a gray area- that being just enough tactical flavor to keep the suspense in the game, much like how Lusche likes to hunt down bombers. I don't advocate sneak after sneak after sneak, but I don't advocate all seeing-all knowing radar either. That's what hunting for your prey is, not Hitech "snapping is fingers" as Q would do on Star Trek and "POOF!!" Here it is folks! Come kill it!

Oh, well. It's his "continuum". As long as the money rolls in, it doesn't matter.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »

dude....i just had a set of buffs drop, i got a shot on em, and in his effort to get his second drop, he turned like a fighter, giving me kills on his drones, then augered as he dropped his last......and hit nothing.

same dude, i never got close enough to shoot.....he dropped and bailed.

fighters for most of the night wouldn't fight. hell....i had a coalt spit9 ran from my 38j at 20k. only the last hour tonight(around 10'ish eastern) got good.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »

Easy does it there cowboy. Your going to blow a gasket! Whats wrong with a guy diving to the field when confronted by an alt monkey? He pays so he can play the way he wants to..If he chooses to sneak bases ( although fairly  impossible now), run to the base ack, or avoid the fur ball . He pays to play that way...You will just have to find another easy kill..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game