Author Topic: Disturbing trend  (Read 3610 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Disturbing trend
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »
Nah, he was talking about people "trolling" the maps looking for easy captures with the least amount of resistance, which i find to be extremely hypocritical.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »
why exactly are you unable to sneak into enemy territory? just because someone may see a dot? do you realize that the bases do not flash till you hit the old dar ring?
 if so many are busy furballing, then you'd be safe to still do your sneak attack as long as you don't flash a base.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
since we are spilling our guts out here please allow me to do some spilling: The biggest change I have seen in this game over the last few years is the number of people playing because AH is a "massively multi-player Online game" versus the number of people playing because they already loved the subject, war aviation.

It used to be a sizable number of people played AH because they loved the subject as a part of their lives before they even knew this game existed.  Today I sense way more people are here simply because of the MMO aspect of the game.  Its just another opportunity to "spank" online and talk smack to other players like themselves.  It has really cheapened the overall experience......

This is what I believe has impacted AH (negatively from my perspective) more than any arena setting.

Do not get me wrong, I still enjoy and love "the game" I just miss the quality of the interplay between opponents brought on by people who understood the game from a love of war aviation  in general and WW2 aviation in particular.

on that note......as long as i can remember, i have found war planes to be the most beautiful machinery ever produced. especially the ww2 era. when i get up close to the aircraft at shows, i'm the geek climbing around underneath, looking at the hydraulic systems, the electrical systems......just seeing how beautifully they were engineered way back then is truly amazing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »
actually, the more disturbing trend, is those that fly a combat game, and then go out of their way to avoid combat.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
You can say you dislike certain parts of everything you do in life.  This "game", for me, still provides a respite from:  caring for a WW2 vet father with Alzheimer's who lives with me, relieves the stress of officiating college sports, and provides an escape from thinking about the job.  As 'Mike115' said when he pm'ed me last night, paying $15/month is a heck of lot cheaper than paying for a nut doctor's therapy most of us need from real life.  

ps. what Cap said above me!   :aok
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:50:51 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 11:50:57 AM »
why exactly are you unable to sneak into enemy territory? just because someone may see a dot? do you realize that the bases do not flash till you hit the old dar ring?
 if so many are busy furballing, then you'd be safe to still do your sneak attack as long as you don't flash a base.

Did someone say you "couldn't" still sneak into enemy territory?

And you're right about people being too "busy" to bother to defend, in that respect nothing has changed.

Most guys never seemed to care enough to investigate flashing bases with no dots.

I did. It was one of my favorite things to do.

most times you would catch a few guys trying to sneak a base. And they would keep coming back, a few defenders could have a real good time for a while.

Now the chances are you will only encounter a horde trying to do the same thing.

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
actually, the more disturbing trend, is those that fly a combat game, and then go out of their way to avoid combat.  :rofl

Yup, I couldn't agree more, the vulchers,spawn campers, alt monkeys etc.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
Did someone say you "couldn't" still sneak into enemy territory?

And you're right about people being too "busy" to bother to defend, in that respect nothing has changed.

Most guys never seemed to care enough to investigate flashing bases with no dots.

I did. It was one of my favorite things to do.

most times you would catch a few guys trying to sneak a base. And they would keep coming back, a few defenders could have a real good time for a while.

Now the chances are you will only encounter a horde trying to do the same thing.
the OP kind of insinuated that he couldn't sneak into enemy territory anymore.

you're right too.....i've messed up some bases pretty bad with a panzer, because if it's flashing, and there's nothing shown in the air, most will ignore it.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »
Has anyone noticed people leaving the game at a fairly good rate?

Do you have anything to support this? 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
I'm reading these threads and I'm drawing the same conclusion either man up and learn to fly and fight properly with good ACM and teamwork or go elsewhere.

The problem was/still is people who do nothing else but troll the map looking for easy captures and the least amount of resistance so they can have a nice big group hug and pats on backs for a horde job well done.  

Until we break the chess piece spirit and the horde mentality then these threads will keep popping up.   The game isn't about just furball or capture it is a fine blend of both and If you can't appreciate both gameplay aspects then you will find yourself struggling to enjoy it.

If you suck in a fighter go and ask someone for help.

Oh and I saw sirnuke flying this morning!  I will be expecting some nasty downright dirty Spit 9 fights!   :cheers:
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
Yup, I couldn't agree more, the vulchers,spawn campers, alt monkeys etc.

i think everyone in here as done all of that which you mentioned, at least once.

the funny thing with the alt monkey types.......often, you can look at the roster(in mw) and by knowing who's on, you can kind of judge where you'll find em.
 when i see someone i know normally flies high, i do the same. it's truly amazing how many will run, and climb as they do, rather than fight co-alt....even t 20k.
 or the ones that drop from that high, make a single supersonic pass, and keep going(if they don't auger).
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
I'm reading these threads and I'm drawing the same conclusion either man up and learn to fly and fight properly with good ACM and teamwork or go elsewhere.

The problem was/still is people who do nothing else but troll the map looking for easy captures and the least amount of resistance so they can have a nice big group hug and pats on backs for a horde job well done.  

Until we break the chess piece spirit and the horde mentality then these threads will keep popping up.   The game isn't about just furball or capture it is a fine blend of both and If you can't appreciate both gameplay aspects then you will find yourself struggling to enjoy it.

If you suck in a fighter go and ask someone for help.

Oh and I saw sirnuke flying this morning!  I will be expecting some nasty downright dirty Spit 9 fights!   :cheers:

Said with a little more tact that I would have used, Bruv hit the nail square on the head. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
the OP kind of insinuated that he couldn't sneak into enemy territory anymore.

you're right too.....i've messed up some bases pretty bad with a panzer, because if it's flashing, and there's nothing shown in the air, most will ignore it.  :devil

It was kinda cool watching the map for noes.

On any particular night I would notice that no matter which base started flashing with no dots, you would see the same few guys upping to investigate/defend.

It was fun because the incoming cons were low, so it was a quick fight. And usually the same cons would keep coming back over and over.

You didn't have to waste time climbing to 15k+ to be on equal terms with the cons.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
It was kinda cool watching the map for noes.

On any particular night I would notice that no matter which base started flashing with no dots, you would see the same few guys upping to investigate/defend.

It was fun because the incoming cons were low, so it was a quick fight. And usually the same cons would keep coming back over and over.

You didn't have to waste time climbing to 15k+ to be on equal terms with the cons.

your last statement.......i've been finding myself doing that more and more, in mw lately. went into blue last night to fly with squaddies, and found a decent fight at around 10k, which was below some of the mountain tops.......but there were guys over 20k there too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »

The real war was not fair.  To paraphrase another aviation quote, 'If it's a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.'

You mean no ENY! My goodness how primitive.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.