Author Topic: Alpini13  (Read 23686 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Alpini13
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »
mmMMmmmm food again.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2010, 03:07:30 PM »
This thread should have been locked a long time ago..........
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2010, 06:10:10 PM »
The Swampdragons......  

A set of good men, who work well together and have a hell of a lot of fun.  I just finished reading this thread.  To summarize a squads character by the conduct of a player is simply pathetic.  I would argue that a squad that ropes kills or masses low planes for it's older players to pick would rank lower than a squad who is oblivious to the conduct of a player. I enjoyed flying with the Swampdragons and made some damned fine friends flying with them.  I think the posters in this thread who maligned the squad may want to reconsider their opinion.  I also would say they are loyal to their members.  They took the time to be diligent enough to not toss a guy on a BBS rant.  Hope your squads have that much character.  

Teearr <S>.  Hope it really is not ends for you, I enjoy chasing Tempys in K4s.   :salute

Oblivious? That he is doing it (present tense)...likely. That he was doing it (past tense)...given the press...unlikely. Sort of like saying I am oblivious to the fact there was something called the civil war...

BBS rant? Hardly, given the evidence.

Action > Words. Perception = Reality.

Wait; I just re-read your post. Are you saying Roping a con is worse than killing once shade 60+ times....?

On the subject of Nebraska. I was once given the choice of assignment between Omaha Nebraska and Thule Greenland. I chose Thule.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:20:37 PM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2010, 05:38:49 AM »
Such a tool.....  I suppose you know what every one of your squadies does?  Little voyeuristic for my taste there PJ. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
You haters!  Well, poor me is off to a football game at memorial stadium.  Since it is pretty much all we have here, you aren't going to beat a better atmosphere. 

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »
That pic must have been taken when Bama came to town  :D
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »
There's always a better atmosphere...and number of National Championships........7.  BOOMER SOONER GRIZZ

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
Proper Football :

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
like i said theres another side that you all have not heard and we are waiting for hitec to say what happened.. not the 1st time somebody jump the gun.

I must state that I've flown with the Swampdragons for ages and 99% are the most honorable of folks to fly with and this one incident should not reflect on the entire squadron.  I also know that HiTec will NOT state what if any actions that they have taken against a player for anything.  What alpini did has been done many times before and is NOT considered the "Cword", but it is unethical and subversive to gameplay and those who have tried it have had their scores reset.  So drfritz, don't wait for any confirmation from HTC, as it just won't happen.  The proof will be in the pudding.  If the score for the player id was reset, then it's the proof.  If Alpini states that HTC has advised him of something different, have him forward you guys the email confirming what he has stated.  I would bet my next two paychecks that if it was a mistake on the side of HTC, they would have posted it in this topic but will not post anything if it was confirmed to be an offence that they took action on.  I don't want you to feel like we are attacking you or the Swampdragons in here as it's natural to want to defend a squadmate under fire, I've done it myself several times and found out that one was wrong and the other right.  The bottom line is that sometimes folks are wrong and sometimes they are right and sometimes they just plain lie to their friends to cover their wrongdoing.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
Such a tool.....  I suppose you know what every one of your squadies does?  Little voyeuristic for my taste there PJ.  

Dude. You have no argument. DO THEY REALLY NOT KNOW what is going on with everyone on Ch200 talking about it for the past 2 weeks. REALLY?

Ch200 Conversation:
XYZ: Hey where is Alpini13?
ZXY: Yeah, where is he; I want to kill his shade
XZY: Yeah, can someone tell me where he is?
ZZZ: Hey he is over here; everyone come to A1 and killz him!

Having said all that I know that the SDs are good guys, I am just puzzled by the lack of action...that is all.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:19:24 AM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
For a bunch of people who claim they don't care about scores, there are sure are a bunch that seems to get all worked up about it.  

If score doesn't matter, then who cares what one does, evidently it does matter, because so many seem to be so concerned.  

If Alpini13 violated some aspect of game play, then it should be reported to HTC and let them deal with it, which evidently they did, so that should be the end of it.

As for the SwampDragons, they are a good bunch of guys, so let them handle their squad. NO ONE has the right to tell them how to handle their business, just like they have no right to tell another how to take care of business in their squad.  They should be able to run their squad as they see fit, and all others need to stay out of their business.  

For a group of alleged adults, a bunch in here sure act like children at recess on a schoolyard.

What is so funny about this whole deal is, all he has to do is change his game ID, and no one would be the wiser.  Using peer pressure to try to correct one actions in this game is at best laughable, all they have to do is change their ID and they have a whole new life.

MY OPINION                             Make sure you read MY OPINION

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
For a bunch of people who claim they don't care about scores, there are sure are a bunch that seems to get all worked up about it.  

If score doesn't matter, then who cares what one does, evidently it does matter, because so many seem to be so concerned.  

If Alpini13 violated some aspect of game play, then it should be reported to HTC and let them deal with it, which evidently they did, so that should be the end of it.

As for the SwampDragons, they are a good bunch of guys, so let them handle their squad. NO ONE has the right to tell them how to handle their business, just like they have no right to tell another how to take care of business in their squad.  They should be able to run their squad as they see fit, and all others need to stay out of their business.  

For a group of alleged adults, a bunch in here sure act like children at recess on a schoolyard.

What is so funny about this whole deal is, all he has to do is change his game ID, and no one would be the wiser.  Using peer pressure to try to correct one actions in this game is at best laughable, all they have to do is change their ID and they have a whole new life.

Fred

Except for hiding from HTC...IP address tracking, credit card numbers, wtc.  No one really hides anymore....but those that think they can must be afraid of something....just saying.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
Except for hiding from HTC...IP address tracking, credit card numbers, wtc.  No one really hides anymore....but those that think they can must be afraid of something....just saying.

Changeup

What I meant was they can "hide" from the players by changing their ID.  Was not my intent to include HTC.

:salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2010, 01:11:37 PM »

Fred

You are absolutely right. I think my intent was to point out that this looks bad for their squadron; and I got roped into an entirely different track. I could care less what they do, it's their reputation. Anyways, I am out.

Army of Muppets

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.