Author Topic: How can one view skins in current game version?  (Read 508 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
How can one view skins in current game version?
« on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »
Didn't it used to be possible to view skins offline?  Don't seem to be able to any more.  How does one "get out and walk around the plane"? 

TDeacon

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
Re: How can one view skins in current game version?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »
Have you tried hitting F3?  :headscratch:

I am not getting the question.

Amaze
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »
When offline, I am unable to load any skin but the default.  It used to be that I could load all skins for offline practice/viewing.  In fact, most of the images I submitted of the P51b skin I did were taken in flight offline. 

So my question is how does one get the current version of the game to load non-default skins offline?  "F3" is irrelevant if I can't get the darn skin on the plane first!

TDeacon

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
That is a good question, I actually ran into that same problem when looking for my skin. Hmm, May be a bug. Gonna report it in the Report Section.

:aok

Amaze
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
OK, something is very strange with my AH install.  I had downloaded only my "The Deacon" P51b skin, and the game wouldn't show it in the hanger.  However, for all other planes, where I downloaded all skins available for that plane, I am able to select any skin in the hanger for that plane.  I didn't realize this, as I hadn't tried it (only flying my P51b so far). 

I will now download all the P51b skins, and will see if having more than one optional skin in the folder makes a difference.  As you suggest, it may also be a minor bug. 

TDeacon

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Yep; that fixed it.  I downloaded all the other P51b skins, and now any one of them, including my beloved #8, is visible in the hanger offline.

TDeacon