Author Topic: Pick discussion  (Read 10390 times)

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
Re: Pick discussion
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 03:45:51 AM »
I will approach and set up as usual, if I am asked to back off, then I will do so - otherwise - I am going to join in.  The opponent has the option to either fight 2 v 1 (and win for glory) or run (for survival) - - there have been plenty of situations where I have joined into an on going 1v1 only to find that the enemy start to multiply pertty quickly.  If people really want a 1v1, then go to the TA and do all the 1v1s you want - but in MA - whether you like it or not - its for country.  I would rather free that pilot up and get on with pressing or defending, too many people playing around doing 1v1s and such take away from the overal MA experience and that persons slot (since MA is often full) should be opened.

But if asked, I will respect the pilot and back away.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
No matter what game I play, no matter what I do, I'm always going to be called a dweeb by the defeated.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »
The gray area in the MA is the furballs.

The gray area is also the definition of a furball.  ;)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
The gray area is also the definition of a furball.  ;)

And you would agree that the majority of pick whines are generated there too?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
I will approach and set up as usual, if I am asked to back off, then I will do so - otherwise - I am going to join in.  The opponent has the option to either fight 2 v 1 (and win for glory) or run (for survival) - - there have been plenty of situations where I have joined into an on going 1v1 only to find that the enemy start to multiply pertty quickly.  If people really want a 1v1, then go to the TA and do all the 1v1s you want - but in MA - whether you like it or not - its for country.  I would rather free that pilot up and get on with pressing or defending, too many people playing around doing 1v1s and such take away from the overal MA experience and that persons slot (since MA is often full) should be opened.

But if asked, I will respect the pilot and back away.

For country  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »

Yes, but again, it depends on how it is done.  If you are in the fur ball, fine.  If you are hovering above it waiting for someone to get in trouble then it is lame.  What is the point of it?  Sure one is free to do it because it is his 15$, but it is still lame.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
Yes, but again, it depends on how it is done.  If you are in the fur ball, fine.  If you are hovering above it waiting for someone to get in trouble then it is lame.  What is the point of it?  Sure one is free to do it because it is his 15$, but it is still lame.

IT'S not  a pic if someone in the furball gets ya. it's the nature of the beast.

now, as you mentioned....those that circle above, dive, come screaming through, nearly supersonic, pop a con, and go back up where it's safe.......well...that's a pick.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »

You say 'hovering above a furball' as if the furball itself has clear boundaries and definable parameters.  It usually doesn't.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »

I agree the majority of pick whines are epic fails. 

The last time I was caught whining was when I chased a ta152 2 sectors in the middle of nowhere and he engaged me finally, of course, he only engaged me to get me slow so 2 of his squaddies that took off from this backline base could get a little bit of alt and come and gang me.  And of course they didn't show up on radar, since the radar is bugged, and HTC hasn't fixed it yet, despite bug reports.

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »
Rules???   In a Knife fight???  (Hole in the Wall Gang member to Butch Cassidy)

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »
You say 'hovering above a furball' as if the furball itself has clear boundaries and definable parameters.  It usually doesn't.

I got in trouble last night in AvA where a friendly was in on a con, and I circled above. I went to type something, the enemy did a vertical manuever up to my alt, saw me, and latched on. I tried to egress so he could finish his fight, but he followed me then bugged out completely. Sigh. Ruined a 1v1 without even trying, firing a shot, or getting anywhere near the enemy's six.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »
There will always be someone high above a furball trying to say they are in the furball.

Usually high speed birds or jets/rockets.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
There will always be someone high above a furball trying to say they are in the furball.

Usually high speed birds or jets/rockets.

That is usually me.  And I typically target P38's because they are bulky and easy to hit.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »
lol me and lew learned the other night that a 163 can out turn anything in the game........ Del confirmed that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »
lol me and lew learned the other night that a 163 can out turn anything in the game........ Del confirmed that.

Outturn? no.  Outperform? You betcha!  :rofl